Recruiting Mac already meeting recruits (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mod note: I'm adding this juicy rumor that's discussed later in this thread here at the top:

GIGator;n145405 said:
I just heard from a very good friend, who knows recruiting in the state. He told me that Coach Mac is very close to flipping four FSU and three Miami recruits - top recruits. QB Franois, WR Auden Tate - FSU and RB Scarlet and OL ST. Louis - Miami, are some of the top recruits. Plus, it looks like he has locked down CeCe Jefferson, Ivey, Cowart and Holland. They are baby Gators, about to crack out of their shells. WR Dillon, who lit it up in the All Star game, looks to remain solid and Coach Mac has gained the interest of other top recruits across the country. That's 11 recruits, which would put us at 19. He said Coach Mac will sign about five OL. I believe, based on what I'm hearing that we will sign 23 - 25 a maybe more, with some transfers. It wouldn't surprise me if Jefferson commits real soon. Coach Mac wants him to start the tidal wave of talent flowing in to Gainesville.

Continuation of this thread:

http://gatorchatter.com/forum/main-s...ecruits-part-2

When was the last time we've had this few recruits committed to us this late in the recruiting cycle? Now, obviously I know we're still very much in the thick of it for a few high profile kids (Cowart, Ivey, Jefferson, Holland, etc.) and there are probably a couple of new names that will pop up closer to signing day. But that being said, what is a realistic expectation for the amount of kids that will end up in this class? The 2016 class will be more telling, but I really hope that Coach Mac is a much better closer than Muschamp was!

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We are pretty lucky this year with guys like Cowart and Ivey being Gator fans and letting the transition play out and not just when the knocking the Gators off the list when CWM got fired. A whirlwind of recruiting activity is headed our way for sure. The staff we have assembled is full of ace recruiters that wont let NSD come and go without getting some good talent to sign on the dotted line. Now that the staff is in place, save the WR coach, we can really start to hit the road and get in these kids heads. Gonna be a fun month.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Mac closes on the big names we will bring in about 25. If he doesn't I sense around 18-20.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's never been this bad, or even close. Even during transitions.

Of course, we were never 4-8 losing homecomings to SEC cupcakes and losing to 1AA teams. Adn we've never had a 100+ rated offense 4 years in a row.

Mushchimp is a once in a lifetime level of SUCK.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n145033 said:
If Mac closes on the big names we will bring in about 25. If he doesn't I sense around 18-20.

Jeez. I hope there are more than a couple silent commitments in the bag already because that seems like a lot. We only have 8 kids committed right now. :headscratch: And we're dangerously thin on time lol.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n145033 said:

Maybe Im just being a real negative nancy, but I just dont see us getting 18-20 if we dont close well. I feel like closing well may only bring that many. We have what, 8 right now?!?!?! I suppose if we dont close well and end up signing a bunch of guys that would have otherwise played for ucf/usf or some directional school I could see 20 or so but I dont feel there is anyway outside of Mac really blowing it out of the water that we sign 20 kids who are all quality talent. I really hope I'm wrong but chump left one monstrous turd sandwich for Mac and the rest of the staff to chew on.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I would be very happy with 18 quality players in the areas that we need help most. I would like him to have a more open effort to get walk ons, I bet there are several HS players that are attending UF, and perhaps some military folks as well. Seems that SOS had some good folks through this process, and it would get some great publicity for him.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm with Vulcan on this. 18 seems realistic to me. Especially when there are a couple of kids currently committed that could be less than 70% committed to us (a guy like Horton comes to mind...I hope we find a way to keep Derrick Dillon as well). On the bright side, Mac certainly has the staff now to surprise a lot of people on NSD. I'm cautiously optimistic.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A commitment isn't binding until the paper is signed on NSD. If I were a top high player looking at where I wanted to play, and observed the dumpster fire at UF for the last 2 years, I would have been looking elsewhere. But now, with the coaching change, the new assistants, some excitement back in the program (bowl win), and the fact that the only way to go is up, I believe we are going to do surprisingly well leading up to NSD. The Florida brand is strong, it was the product that looked so bad. Some talented recruits will be sold on bringing the product back to prominence. Go Gators!

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I think there are some that are still on the fence and they'll have the oppty to catch up with those players once the quiet period is over. If what we've read from Cowart is true (and it does make sense) there will be a train of guys going where he goes. It reminds me of the early Meyer years when he hauled in a whole HS football team! We'll definitely know something soon.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There will be plenty of room for walkons when all the transfers start happening.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It is a shame since we should be killing it this year.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe a coincidence, but Bob Redman of scout said on gator radio on my way home that he knows of one other early enrollee we will probably get, but probably not until later this week or the weekend but promised the kid he wouldn't say his name....an hour or so after the news Merrick is trying to qualify to early enroll in an unnamed school.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If we close strong this year, Coach Mac and his staff deserve all the accolades. But if not, I think they get a pass. Next year, most people are probably expecting a top 10 class however. More importantly though, I hope they are much better at developing talent than the previous administration. I'm tired of all these highly touted 4 and 5 star kids not living up to their potential (largely due to bad coaching).

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have my fingers crossed on Merrick. We need O-line help in the worst way. I hope he sees that there is a really good opportunity to see the field early at UF.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Not to be a Debbie Downer but we just had another decommittment.
Chauncy Gardner - 2016 Safety has opened up his recruitment.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n145138 said:
I don't think anyone is worrying about 2016 right now.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n145138 said:

We still have 30 on the roster from the Muschamp era, we should be okay there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.