Mac and Company on the Trail

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
What are they waiting on? We need some good news!

Agree Dan!!

Those would be three great pick ups.

I'm not greedy, but we really need another OL (preferably 2) and I'd love to see another DT and LB. Any other spots is gravy (I think we get Lemons too).

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I've been saying Truesdell would be a Gator for a couple of months now but it Looks like we have picked up a little momentum with him and a couple of others. We need to get this bowl win to gain some more!

That's a big dude. Hopefully he has a mean streak.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How's this CFB mantra : "Regardless of who we get, they'd better play better than who we got."??

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature...nterest-in-florida-florida-gators-recruiting/
Last week the coaching staff offered another big prospect on the offensive line in T.J. Moore (6-5, 290,) 4*
Moore said. “I’ve been trying to get the offer for a long time but Coach was just waiting on my test scores and stuff. Everything was good with my ACT score.”
“They tell me that they need me to come down there and play early because they need offensive linemen. I can play both guard and tackle but I believe they want me as a tackle.” “Also the early playing time has caught my attention, I don’t really like sitting on the bench...."
“I’m going to take a visit to South Carolina, Auburn, and Florida in January because I took Tennessee out,” Moore said. “I’m going to South Carolina, then Auburn and the last weekend I’m going to Florida.”

“I have a former teammate D.J. Humphries from the Creek [Mallard Creek] that went down there and did well,” Moore said. “I actually talked to him last week and he was telling me that Florida was a great place to be with great coaches"

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature...nterest-in-florida-florida-gators-recruiting/
Last week the coaching staff offered another big prospect on the offensive line in T.J. Moore (6-5, 290,) 4*
Moore said. “I’ve been trying to get the offer for a long time but Coach was just waiting on my test scores and stuff. Everything was good with my ACT score.”
“They tell me that they need me to come down there and play early because they need offensive linemen. I can play both guard and tackle but I believe they want me as a tackle.” “Also the early playing time has caught my attention, I don’t really like sitting on the bench...."
“I’m going to take a visit to South Carolina, Auburn, and Florida in January because I took Tennessee out,” Moore said. “I’m going to South Carolina, then Auburn and the last weekend I’m going to Florida.”

“I have a former teammate D.J. Humphries from the Creek [Mallard Creek] that went down there and did well,” Moore said. “I actually talked to him last week and he was telling me that Florida was a great place to be with great coaches"

We seem to be gaining a little steam. The news of Nord and Summers getting the ax must have been leaked to recruits :lol:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
On the off chance we pick these guys up the class may not stink to high heaven. Still need about 6 more bodies though.
Tyrone Truesdale DT 3*
Christopher Henderson CB? 4*
James Robinson WR 4*
T.J. Moore OL 4*

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He
On the off chance we pick these guys up the class may not stink to high heaven. Still need about 6 more bodies though.
Tyrone Truesdale DT 3*
James Robinson WR 4*
T.J. Moore OL 4*

Don't forget we have a shot at Soloman 4* DT. We have his last visit. If we can flip Hebert (he is going to visit) and Soloman plus those listed above and Hunter/Bishop (greedy I know) we may sneak into top 10.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
He

Don't forget we have a shot at Soloman 4* DT. We have his last visit. If we can flip Hebert (he is going to visit) and Soloman plus those listed above and Hunter/Bishop (greedy I know) we may sneak into top 10.
Hunter is all VT right now and UGA looks to be the spot for Bishop. Things can change between now and signing day but I wouldn't get my hopes up!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hunter is all VT right now and UGA looks to be the spot for Bishop. Things can change between now and signing day but I wouldn't get my hopes up!

We get a visit from Hunter so we have a chance and I heard he likes Gray so I'm crossing my fingers for him. I'm hoping with a bowl win and some recruiting momentum Bishop might come also...

Need some good news

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Defensive tackle board:

The biggest target on the board is certainly five-star Aubrey Solomon out of Leesburg (Ga.) Lee County. The 6-foot-3, 305-pound prospect has tentative plans to visit Florida the weekend of January 27, right before signing day. Alabama, Georgia, and Michigan are all battling for Solomon, with UF rejoining the mix of late.

Florida will also host Montgomery (Ala.) Jefferson Davis defensive tackle Alec Jefferson on an official visit in January as well. The 6-foot-5, 270-pound claims Southern California is his current leader after visiting the school in November. In-state Auburn, another school that will get a January visit, should be considered a serious threat as well. However, the Gators feel as if a good trip to Gainesville could swing the momentum in their favor.

Florida visited Georgia defensive tackle commit Devonte Wyatt during the contact period. The Decatur (Ga.) Towers product was receptive to the Gators’ pitch, and it appears UF will continue to pursue the 6-foot-4, 300-pound prospect. The Gators need to lock in a visit, before you can start to feel confident in flipping Wyatt though.

Another pair of defensive tackles Florida fans should continue to keep tabs on are current Maryland commits Breyon Gaddyand Brandon Gaddy, brothers from Virginia Beach (Va.) Bishop Sullivan Catholic. Both have work to do in the classroom, but if they improve their standing enough the Gators could give them the green light. If that were to happen, many feel the lure of UF and the SEC is enough to lure them away from the Terps.

Augusta (Ga.) Laney defensive tackleTyrone Truesdell remains on Florida’s board as well with plans to visit Gainesville on January 20. Ole Miss and Louisville also remain in the picture for the 6-foot-3, 325-pound prospect.

The Gators have a commitment from Wyoming Seminary Prep defensive tackleKyree Campbell as well. The 6-foot-3, 325-pound prospect will enroll in classes in January and helps add depth the the rotation on the interior defensive line.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope our staff has written down the visit dates... best foot forward. :grin:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Definite maybes:
Tyrone Truesdale DT 3*
James Robinson WR 4*
T.J. Moore OL 4*
Brad Stewart CB 4*

So going back to my pulled-out-of-my-ass needs list then this would happen (counting chickens before they hatch):
Pos/need/Commits/(short)
QB......1.......1
RB......1........1
WR.....3.......3
TE......2........2
OL......4........2 (2)
DB.....5.........5
DT.....3.........2 (1)
DE.....3.........1 (2)
LB......3.........2 (1)

And we are after 5 more DT's according to Marianna. And hopefully even this staff can pick up two more 3* OL.

Note that Alabama's class is full at 25 - I don't know how many more they can take. Michigan is at 23.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.