Mac and Company on the Trail

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Something to monitor: there's some talk that the SEC Could resend the grad transfer restrictions they put against us later on this year. We should of never been hit with this bull$hit in the first place! Especially since we're one of the few schools left who do things right.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So he's not enrolled at Bama yet
:scratchchin:
Read on another site that he has been planning on switching from bama to UF since his official visit and was going to keep it quiet until after the UA game, then attend the UF game (which he did) and head up to Gainesville. Called bama to let them know and all they went all ape **** on him until he backed down and agreed to honor his commitment. Who knows if true or not but he did send out a cryptic tweet about recruiting

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Read on another site that he has been planning on switching from bama to UF since his official visit and was going to keep it quiet until after the UA game, then attend the UF game (which he did) and head up to Gainesville. Called bama to let them know and all they went all ape **** on him until he backed down and agreed to honor his commitment. Who knows if true or not but he did send out a cryptic tweet about recruiting
man that's some dirty sh** right there if true.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

A coaching staff going app **** on me for me making the choice I wanted would not make me go play for them... I still don't think he ends up at UF, but if he does I'll be jumping up and down like everybody else!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
On the Florida official visit: “I just want to see the academic part, because I know from the football standpoint they only have four returning d-tackles and I could possibly play early. But, I have no idea on their academics besides what I’ve seen on the computer.

Rivals Reaction: Alabama is the presumed leader in the clubhouse after Solomon and his family came away with the Tide's plan for him both on and off the field. But Michigan hasn't given up and a late offer from Oregon has Solomon seriously considering shaking up his visit plans. The one wildcard could be Georgia, which is close to home and has already hosted Solomon on several unofficial visits. No matter how his visits shake out, Solomon is likely to keep people guessing until the end.

1. How the F does he not know what kind of education UF offers? Does he have a major in mind?
2. I do not have confidence in our staff, based on the earlier thread about a kid coming up for an unofficial and having nobody talk to him, that we will have any sort of education plan ready to present to him and his family when (if?) they visit. Want to be like Bama? Have a full 4yr plan ready for this kid PRIOR to him arriving.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A coaching staff going app **** on me for me making the choice I wanted would not make me go play for them... I still don't think he ends up at UF, but if he does I'll be jumping up and down like everybody else!
Sounds like he reaffirmed his commitment to bama...called his recruiting coach and they "made" him talk to saban if he was going to flip and then they continued to blow up his phone all day yesterday is what the story is. Again it's just a story but pretty reliable source. Either way this is the kind of crap that makes them the best...they are relentless in everything they do.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
man that's some dirty sh** right there if true.
That's probably the least dirty thing they've done. Regardless though it's recruiting...you have to know how to get the best players and they do that...we apparently did not.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Sounds like he reaffirmed his commitment to bama...called his recruiting coach and they "made" him talk to saban if he was going to flip and then they continued to blow up his phone all day yesterday is what the story is. Again it's just a story but pretty reliable source. Either way this is the kind of crap that makes them the best...they are relentless in everything they do.

Not the first time... there was a 5* DE set to flip 2-3 years ago (Hand?) and bamuh did everything but throw him in the trunk and drive him to tuskaloosa.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like it's going to be out of US,UNC and VA Tech for Hunter. Hearing he and his family truly want him to get a quality education.

Hunter was asked if any schools lead down the stretch.

“It’s not really any schools standing out, but the ones I’m really contacting, the ones I’m really familiar with are Virginia Tech, Florida and UNC.”

The Gators are selling Hunter on the opportunity play right away in their secondary.

“Basically, they’re telling me I can come in and it’s a great opportunity to play. I can go in there and compete, and I fit the scheme also, so I like everything about that.”

Probably the best safety we would get since Elam.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
im a little blown away how a few of these top recruits are talking quality education and haven't committed to us yet. Nobody else on their lists are even in the same ballpark . This is a top 15 education nationally. WHo the hell isnt telling these kids that?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

this it?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He is a big dude and I would love to have him at DT, he just may be more of a project at that position.
Projects are better than nuttin, and right now we need 4-6 and have 1.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Must've called the night before the game. He should've shown up at UF, signed his papers, enrolled online, and then called Bama.
Agreed...he still showed up to the game in UF gear but seems to be a lost cause at this point

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.