Mac and Company on the Trail

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
im a little blown away how a few of these top recruits are talking quality education and haven't committed to us yet. Nobody else on their lists are even in the same ballpark . This is a top 15 education nationally. WHo the hell isn't telling these kids that?

I love UF (and you too Slev) and there's no question it's a solid education, but let's not get carried away. Top 15 Public University education, I'm on board with. I was on a shuttle down in key west a few years back and some dude sitting in front of me started telling this girl sitting next to him that he was trying to make time with that he went to LSU and many people call LSU the "Harvard of the south". I couldn't help but burst out laughing and ask him who these "many people" were. I think he would have been offended if he couldn't see that I was getting a cramp from genuinely laughing so hard.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
im a little blown away how a few of these top recruits are talking quality education and haven't committed to us yet. Nobody else on their lists are even in the same ballpark . This is a top 15 education nationally. WHo the hell isnt telling these kids that?
The education they are referring to is football education...most could give 2 sh!ts about real education. Even the Rhodes Scholar Myron Rolle when picking a college said education was top priority because he wanted to be a DR. and chose the clown school over UF...let that sink in...

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I love UF (and you too Slev) and there's no question it's a solid education, but let's not get carried away. Top 15 Public University education, I'm on board with. I was on a shuttle down in key west a few years back and some dude sitting in front of me started telling this girl sitting next to him that he was trying to make time with that he went to LSU and many people call LSU the "Harvard of the south". I couldn't help but burst out laughing and ask him who these "many people" were. I think he would have been offended if he couldn't see that I was getting a cramp from genuinely laughing so hard.
That's what I meant. Lol at top 15 in totality. But, it's not my opinion that they're top 15 in public school. UF is rated that way year after year.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

I have heard Vandy called the Harvard of the South but I most associate Emory with that moniker. Had a buddy go there. I'll differ to others though if someone has better info. I want to say Stetson Law gets that nickname as well.

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
I have heard Vandy called the Harvard of the South but I most associate Emory with that moniker. Had a buddy go there. I'll differ to others though if someone has better info. I want to say Stetson Law gets that nickname as well.

I've heard Vandy and Duke in equal measures.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Found this on the leatherwood situation:

He had planned to make the flip to UF after the Under Armour game, but when he called Bama to do so, he ended up talking to Saban for a few hours all about loyalty and how much time was spent on recruiting him and all the players passed up because of him etc. etc. Basically a bunch of guilt tripping from the master of loyalty himself...anyways a number of coaches also joined in and quite a few current Alabama players jumped on the phone call as well.

https://twitter.com/Alskee_/status/815760595165319168

Leatherwood was set to fly to Bama after the phone call and things seemed about over but he decided to go to the Outback Bowl anyways. Bama hassled him the whole way to Tampa on the phone. Leatherwood is not allowed to meet our staff face to face because of the dead period and no financial aid paperwork, but he did talk to Mac after the game.

We made a ton of effort and things were extremely close here, closer than anybody will probably believe. Can't speak to his thought process, but he had definitely planned on flipping last second with our staff and made a big effort to get things set up to see our game and join our team afterwards. At the end of the day, the Bama pressure from coaches/teammates/his commitment ended up being too much in one way or another.

Looks like we'll finish 2nd again!!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well he still has time. Hopefully he has someone strong in his corner to help him thru this.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
If true, it's funny that Saban would talk loyalty and sticking to his commitment (see: the way he lied to the Dolphins and tries to flip other team's commits).

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Found this on the leatherwood situation:

He had planned to make the flip to UF after the Under Armour game, but when he called Bama to do so, he ended up talking to Saban for a few hours all about loyalty and how much time was spent on recruiting him and all the players passed up because of him etc. etc. Basically a bunch of guilt tripping from the master of loyalty himself...anyways a number of coaches also joined in and quite a few current Alabama players jumped on the phone call as well.

https://twitter.com/Alskee_/status/815760595165319168

Leatherwood was set to fly to Bama after the phone call and things seemed about over but he decided to go to the Outback Bowl anyways. Bama hassled him the whole way to Tampa on the phone. Leatherwood is not allowed to meet our staff face to face because of the dead period and no financial aid paperwork, but he did talk to Mac after the game.

We made a ton of effort and things were extremely close here, closer than anybody will probably believe. Can't speak to his thought process, but he had definitely planned on flipping last second with our staff and made a big effort to get things set up to see our game and join our team afterwards. At the end of the day, the Bama pressure from coaches/teammates/his commitment ended up being too much in one way or another.

Looks like we'll finish 2nd again!!

If he wants to come here then he will come here. Otherwise he wants to be at another school whatever the reason is.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I want to say Stetson Law gets that nickname as well.
Not by anyone who goes anywhere but Stetson.....

And Ive never even heard it from them.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
1. How the F does he not know what kind of education UF offers? Does he have a major in mind?
2. I do not have confidence in our staff, based on the earlier thread about a kid coming up for an unofficial and having nobody talk to him, that we will have any sort of education plan ready to present to him and his family when (if?) they visit. Want to be like Bama? Have a full 4yr plan ready for this kid PRIOR to him arriving.

... that would be his major, the courses he'll take and the grades he'll get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.