Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We didn't want him anyways. I doubt he even plays much at Bama

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Had a twitter discussion with Zachary about Leatherwood. Bottom line is that he was going to flip and Bama called him 40+ times to convince him to stick. UF coaches could not call because it was a dead period. Bama could because he signed a FA with Bama so the are exempt from the dead period. UF doesn't do FAs only written offers of admission.

The Bowl is telling everybody that the staff couldn't call him because it's the dead period. That's false. Unless somebody can show me the rule that says that. Here's the rule.

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/resources/recruiting-calendars

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, my exwife used to call 40 times a day.

He is at Bammer bc he wanted to go to Bammer. He signed only a faa with them and not us because he wanted to go to Bammer.

This whole thing just oozes bullshyt. Not that Bowl ever pretended to be an objective journalist but this goes way beyond his "you cant blane the staff for poor recruiting til thwir 4th class" bs.

Chump & Co got played. I include Bowl in "& Co."

Only a bunch of fools believe the kid was kidnapped and forced to go to Bammer.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, my exwife used to call 40 times a day.
He is at Bammer bc he wanted to go to Bammer. He signed onky a faa with them and not us because he wanted to go to Bammer.

This whole thing just oozes bullshyt. Not that Bowl ever pretended to be an objective journalist but this goes way beyond his "you cant blane the staff for poor recruiting til thwir 4th class" bs.

Yeah. He could've just not answered.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, it's a lot of horsesh!t. I don't doubt Bama was blowing up his phone and that Florida may have not done everything in their power to get him, but this kid chose Bama 'cause he and his parents wanted him to go to Bama. Otherwise he's a 6'5", 300 lb. little puss who doesn't have enough backbone to make his own decisions as to where he wants to spend the next 4 years of his life.

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
Too many excuses. They've got to close the deal--get them to sign on the line that is dotted.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It was easy to get caught up in the hype. We wanted him bad at an important position of need. When you take a step back, it's pretty clear that one of two things happened. Either he wanted to be at Bama or he's a pussy who likes being told what to do. I don't wish ill of the kid, but I don't wish him well either....he's gatorbait now.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe @GatorJ or @williston_gator can research this, but how many spots does Bama have to offer. I understand that Saban will just drop deadwood, but there is an annual limit of 25 plus the EE roll back.

Looks like they may have up to 16 EE's, but how many are available to roll back.

Also, on Leatherwood, wouldn't Bama get in trouble if he enrolled elsewhere after signing the financial aid papers? Didn't that happen to LSU, and the reason we use the other forms?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe @GatorJ or @williston_gator can research this, but how many spots does Bama have to offer. I understand that Saban will just drop deadwood, but there is an annual limit of 25 plus the EE roll back.

Looks like they may have up to 16 EE's, but how many are available to roll back.

Also, on Leatherwood, wouldn't Bama get in trouble if he enrolled elsewhere after signing the financial aid papers? Didn't that happen to LSU, and the reason we use the other forms?

I don't know. Maybe one of those 247 guys knows.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Zach said you can sign multiple forms (FA or Offer of Admission).

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...-eliminates-need-for-financial-aid-agreements

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

There's a lot to it that I don't pretend to understand. There's 85 total, a class limit of 25, but you can do EE and over sign, count back to last year, and then there's grayshirting where they enroll no or delayed scholarship which I think Bama does. Blueshirting counts towards NEXT years class too without impacting numbers.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There's a lot to it that I don't pretend to understand. There's 85 total, a class limit of 25, but you can do EE and over sign, count back to last year, and then there's grayshirting where they enroll no or delayed scholarship which I think Bama does. Blueshirting counts towards NEXT years class too without impacting numbers.
Blueshirting is how Tennessee has had so many guys in their classes.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Bama can sign big classes because most of their players only last 3 years before turning pro. Wish we had that problem. :weep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator