Mac and Company on the Trail

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Gaddy brothers are now trending toward us. Between us and Maryland.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Gaddy brothers are now trending toward us. Between us and Maryland.

Smartly pitch these close brothers. Naturally include in our pitch :
1) Touch on our geographical closeness to home & family. (For Pete's sake mention the word "family" often.)
2) Assure on UF's smooth academics' success.
3) Tell'em UF has lots of catholic girls.
4) Plug our prior NFL twin linemen.
5) Accentuate the clear path to early playing time.

Breyon, 4*, 6'5", 335-lb, DT. Said he's been playing beside his brother "since I was little"... yeah, when ya'll
were in the crib.

Brandon, 3*, 6'5", 290-lb, who's played QB, RB, TE, but now leaning toward DT. (Probably make a good
situational blocking FB?)

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
love the comment on if we are waiting to signing day to make a splash. Been saying that for 7 years now and I'll believe it when I see it.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
love the comment on if we are waiting to signing day to make a splash. Been saying that for 7 years now and I'll believe it when I see it.

It is a risky play... there is something to be said for having guys commit and build momentum, but if you can make happen then it gives a lot of good PR on signing day.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's such a dumb question I don't even know where to begin lol. What type of coaching staff would actually try to appear like a flaming pile of poo for months? We all know no one does this but seriously, how freaking stupid would a coach have to be to actually do this? And what exactly would it accomplish?

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
It's such a dumb question I don't even know where to begin lol. What type of coaching staff would actually try to appear like a flaming pile of poo for months? We all know no one does this but seriously, how freaking stupid would a coach have to be to actually do this? And what exactly would it accomplish?
yep. to have a couple guys announce on signing day is great and all, but not half the class. you build momentum by actually having a class to get other excited to play with.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
yep. to have a couple guys announce on signing day is great and all, but not half the class. you build momentum by actually having a class to get other excited to play with.
exactly, and even if a coach did manage to pull off a bunch of blue chip signees out of nowhere, that's great. Buzz away... but you still have to actually take the field come August/September and buzz don't mean jack. If we have top kids wanting to sign with us, there is literally no reason that exists not to ensure that gets out to others prior to signing day. Sway factor is a big deal in todays recruiting.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just saw that Gator recruit four-star defensive end Zach Carter tweeted this

We got a surprise coming soon for yall
1f440.png
1f440.png
1f40a.png
1f40a.png
#DBU

9:14 AM - 1 Dec 2016
16 replies 140 retweets 394 likes

1. Zachary L Carter™ ‏@_ZachAttacks Dec 1
    @_ZachAttacks Gotta wait till NSD
    1f60e.png

2 replies 13 retweets 66 likes

He references DBU so it has to be a CB or S that is going to be a surprise commit on signing day

Yeah he tweeted that a while back. Speculation is that it's probably going to be Stewart.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

As opposed to the toilet-esque splash we've made to end last year, and this one so far?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.