Mac and Company on the Trail

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

A surprise... so what would that be... he goes back to Tennessee? Anything else isn't really a surprise... we all know he is going to go to one of the schools he is considering... kid just wants attention.

gatorgrad'02

Aug 10, 2015
A surprise... so what would that be... he goes back to Tennessee? Anything else isn't really a surprise... we all know he is going to go to one of the schools he is considering... kid just wants attention.

Only surprise would be that he and his brother are going to different schools ... or that one of the two of them is getting gender reassignment surgery to go out for women's shot put (in which case said brother or rather sister will definitely be going to UF).

Could go either way.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
or that one of the two of them is getting gender reassignment surgery to go out for women's shot put (in which case said brother or rather sister will definitely be going to UF).

Gotta hand it to ya. This is definitely the most likely scenario I've seen around here.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Joey_SportsTalk: Hearing Greg Nord has been pulled off of visits and is not recruiting for Florida...

Take that for what it's worth.

@Joey_SportsTalk: Meanwhile Drew Hughes is out here slaying on the trail. Locked up 4-star WR Oliver Martin today to take an OV to Gainesville this weekend.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Why isn't anyone on this kid? I've heard his name mentioned quite a bit and now I can see why. He's got more ability than any qb we're recruiting at the moment.

Carefully watch the 3rd play on that clip. The DB falls down on a completion of an out pattern. You can see he throws a wounded duck. That is a pick six regularly in college.

Now might he be able to improve his throwing in college, I think so. But I suspect that is why no one is in on him.

Most coaches think that you can not teach athleticism and arm strength and I mostly agree though players do adjust to the speed of the game as they go up the ranks and some QBs gain arm strength. I would add another, you can not teach pocket feel and the ability to feel backside pressure. Most coaches seemingly do not consider that much.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Joey_SportsTalk: Hearing Greg Nord has been pulled off of visits and is not recruiting for Florida...

Take that for what it's worth.

@Joey_SportsTalk: Meanwhile Drew Hughes is out here slaying on the trail. Locked up 4-star WR Oliver Martin today to take an OV to Gainesville this weekend.

The best news since becoming 2017 Outback Bowl Champions!!!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Carefully watch the 3rd play on that clip. The DB falls down on a completion of an out pattern. You can see he throws a wounded duck. That is a pick six regularly in college.

Now might he be able to improve his throwing in college, I think so. But I suspect that is why no one is in on him.

Most coaches think that you can not teach athleticism and arm strength and I mostly agree though players do adjust to the speed of the game as they go up the ranks and some QBs gain arm strength. I would add another, you can not teach pocket feel and the ability to feel backside pressure. Most coaches seemingly do not consider that much.

The kid is a 2-star committed to Charlotte. Honestly, I'm surprised he's not a 3-star just based off of his numbers (Jacob Guy was a 3-star - and walked on at UF). He'd be a good "preferred" walk-on, but would never take a snap at UF.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You think he is a first tier RB? A Dalvin Cook or Bo Scarborough or Najee Harris or Cam AKers?

He is not. Sorry.

You know I have not been around here that long and so I have not seen the negators here tip their hands so much. The above is seriously tipping your hand.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Hopefully we get a good Oline coach to shore up Moore's commitment sometime before signing day since he has jumped so much and others are going to be coming for him hard.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You know I have not been around here that long and so I have not seen the negators here tip their hands so much. The above is seriously tipping your hand.

That's not even being negative. Pee-rine is a solid 4 star. He's not on the level of those other guys. If you can't see that then take off the O&B glasses for one sec. I'm not saying he's bad or anything close to that. I think he has some really good potential. But he's not a game breaker like those other guys. You think Pee-rine is a superstar?

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Post Official update from James Robinson.

With schools like Oklahoma, Alabama and Mississippi still in the picture for the four-star receiver, where does this visit place Florida?
"They are probably still number two. I still have to go up to Alabama next week though and then Ole Miss," said Robinson. "I'm going to see how it is [at both 'Bama and Ole Miss] with the coaches and keep building buzz."
Robinson does not want to reveal a number one or a favorite in public just yet, however, in previous interviews, prior to his official to Florida, he has mentioned the Sooners as a school that has an advantage. Robinson visited Oklahoma officially in December.

Last edited:

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
If Chump stayed here one more year I would've been looking for a new team.
That first year at 11-1 bought Muschamp an extra year or two and millions of dollars.
Post Official update from James Robinson.

With schools like Oklahoma, Alabama and Mississippi still in the picture for the four-star receiver, where does this visit place Florida?
"They are probably still number two. I still have to go up to Alabama next week though and then Ole Miss," said Robinson. "I'm going to see how it is [at both 'Bama and Ole Miss] with the coaches and keep building buzz."
Robinson does not want to reveal a number one or a favorite in public just yet, however, in previous interviews, prior to his official to Florida, he has mentioned the Sooners as a school that has an advantage. Robinson visited Oklahoma officially in December.
"They are probably still number two" doesn't sound great. WTF is he talking about with "keep building buzz"? He's a top recruit being courted by the top schools, and he's trying to build buzz? That's knucklehead stuff.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That first year at 11-1 bought Muschamp an extra year or two and millions of dollars.

"They are probably still number two" doesn't sound great. WTF is he talking about with "keep building buzz"? He's a top recruit being courted by the top schools, and he's trying to build buzz? That's knucklehead stuff.
They slow played him for that reason. They just screwed up how they did it. Everyone knew he had off field issues....he's a moron.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
You think he is a first tier RB? A Dalvin Cook or Bo Scarborough or Najee Harris or Cam AKers?

He is not. Sorry.

D Cook has proven to be an elite football player however Scarbough did not have a monster season (812 yds, 125 att, 6.5 avg). Both of those players are also older and have had time to learn and excel in their systems. Najee Harris and Akers look as though they will be good however the jury is still out as they have yet to play college ball.
Perine might not turn out to be a D Cook type player but watching him run this year made me think that he will be a load in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.