Mac and Meyer's third year teams

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks. I appreciate it. But since the 2017 defense continues to improve, I think saying this year's is better is reasonable. Switching Tebow and Franks would make a big difference, but it might not be quite that big. Frankly I am a bit surprised at the 2007 offense. I simply remember Timmy plowing into the line again and again keeping drives alive.

2007 was a pretty dynamic offense. It was basically as good as 2008 when it came to playing SEC opponents when I remember comparing the numbers one time. 2009 was the year the total numbers would fool you as it was a lot of fluff against the non-SEC opponents and quite a bit worse than 07 and 08 against the SEC competition especially when it came to scoring TDs.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Hate to quote myself, but that wasn't correct. Only fifty yards per game? You wouldn't even have to switch Tim. Just let him play for the 2017 team and he would add more than fifty yards per game. The 2017 team would win offense and defense losing only special teams.
Bath salts are a helluva drug

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I can honestly say Tim Tebow wouldn't have won any Heisman's under Mac. Hell, Mac would ruin Tom Brady.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Of course! That is why switching him would greatly hurt the2007 offense and greatly help the 2017 offense. That was the interesting aspect of the original post. Are you guys reading or just reacting?

Hate to quote myself, but that wasn't correct. Only fifty yards per game? You wouldn't even have to switch Tim. Just let him play for the 2017 team and he would add more than fifty yards per game. The 2017 team would win offense and defense losing only special teams.

Just like to say, had this 2017 Offensive team had Tebow then they would have a fine coach-leader and he would coach & lead during the game.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
2007 was a pretty dynamic offense. It was basically as good as 2008 when it came to playing SEC opponents when I remember comparing the numbers one time. 2009 was the year the total numbers would fool you as it was a lot of fluff against the non-SEC opponents and quite a bit worse than 07 and 08 against the SEC competition especially when it came to scoring TDs.
Clearly your memory is better than mine

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I can honestly say Tim Tebow wouldn't have won any Heisman's under Mac. Hell, Mac would ruin Tom Brady.
Interesting idea. Tim might have had sense enough to ignore the coaching. I could even see the team following Tim in preference to Mac.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We saw what a spread qb does in this offense (ie Harris)... saying that Tebow could throw better than Harris and the oline is better than 2015. But in 2007, we had receiver who ran correct and accurate routes so the quarterback had an open (wide fcking open) person to throw too. Our staff has wide receivers running into the same zone, so it makes it easier for defenses to defend. Franks would be better with the 2007 offense, no doubt. With Receivers who could get open, a playbook of more than 8 plays, and an offensive line that doesn't crumble in the first 5 seconds. The real question you are asking yourself is how much damage is Franks going to go through, and will the next staff be able to fix the damage done?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Interesting idea. Tim might have had sense enough to ignore the coaching. I could even see the team following Tim in preference to Mac.

This is completely delusional. You think Tebow might had the sense to:

1. Design his own plays.

2. Meet with the offense to teach them those plays.

3. Meet with the offense to practice said plays.

4. Ignored the coaches calls in the game and run his plays.

5.Ignored the coaching trying to substitute him out of the game.

You imagine that any of 1-5 would be good for a team and lead to greater success? Good grief.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
This is completely delusional. You think Tebow might had the sense to:

1. Design his own plays.

2. Meet with the offense to teach them those plays.

3. Meet with the offense to practice said plays.

4. Ignored the coaches calls in the game and run his plays.

5.Ignored the coaching trying to substitute him out of the game.

You imagine that any of 1-5 would be good for a team and lead to greater success? Good grief.
Maybe you are correct. But is there any staff in the country that could keep Tim off the field or prevent him from running over people?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe you are correct. But is there any staff in the country that could keep Tim off the field or prevent him from running over people?

So you think Tim who was a good solider for his career, would just tell a coaching staff he is going into a game if they told him no? I don't get the point of your statement other than fantasy.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
So you think Tim who was a good solider for his career, would just tell a coaching staff he is going into a game if they told him no? I don't get the point of your statement other than fantasy.
It's all right. I get that this isn't your cup of tea and you are in good company. Still, some of us are having a little fun with the speculation.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I love Ancient. He is a better Pumpernthan Coach really. The master of the asterisk and the moral victory.

Hard to not laugh at some of what he says though.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I really like to see how this years defense who really hasn't went up against a top notch offense, would try and stop Harvin, Demps, Rainey, Murphy, Cooper and Ingram or Hernandez. The '07 Gators would dominate this years defense, even if they had Treon at QB. Lol

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Mac's 3* defense is better than Meyer's 4.5* defense and if you interchanged Tebow and Franks, this year's offense would be better than Meyer's with Franks at quarterback.
Is Mac a good coach? No. He should have recruited a QB. But that is actually his one big failure.
Nice try Mrs. McElwain. Now get back in the kitchen and stir the barbeque sauce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.