Mac buys all the Football players helmets

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You need to spend some time in the Rustbelt. Glittery hoopties are EVERYWHERE.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Nice jesture and great for safety. Now GPD & UPD knows exactly who to target when riding around campus.

Not for long as you can bet the UAA is selling these on their website soon if not already. I am sure they have scooter, bicycle and motorcycle versions.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
It turns out the OP is false.

Mac didn't buy helmets for his players after all.

The University of Florida Police Department is holding a free scooter safety seminar for anyone that wants to attend.

"The goal is to educate and encourage UF students and the Gainesville community for all scooter users to wear a helmet. In addition, the objective is to remind all drivers to be more careful when driving on campus."

As you can imagine, it's tough to get people to attend safety seminars. In an attempt to motivate people to attend UPD is providing free food and giving away door prizes. In addition, Coach Mac and some of his players have agreed to be on hand to support the cause and give an additional reason for people to attend.

Following the seminar there will be a safety driving course. As an incentive to participate in the safety driving course UPD will be giving every participant a free helmet.

The student government created Scooter Safety Awareness Week and UPD has been supporting them by holding safety events during the designated week since 2015.

5625bae48c59b.image.jpg

"Faith Percival, an 18-year-old UF nutritional sciences freshman, mounts a University Police motorcycle on Oct. 19, 2015, on Turlington Plaza. UPD helped raise awareness during scooter safety week by encouraging students to wear helmets."

The city of Gainesville has similar programs in which they teach elementary school children bike safety and give them free bike helmets for attending.

The helmets are usually purchased through a grant or they are donated by the manufacturer.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It turns out the OP is false.

Mac didn't buy helmets for his players after all.

The University of Florida Police Department is holding a free scooter safety seminar for anyone that wants to attend.

"The goal is to educate and encourage UF students and the Gainesville community for all scooter users to wear a helmet. In addition, the objective is to remind all drivers to be more careful when driving on campus."

As you can imagine, it's tough to get people to attend safety seminars. In an attempt to motivate people to attend UPD is providing free food and giving away door prizes. In addition, Coach Mac and some of his players have agreed to be on hand to support the cause and give an additional reason for people to attend.

Following the seminar there will be a safety driving course. As an incentive to participate in the safety driving course UPD will be giving every participant a free helmet.

The student government created Scooter Safety Awareness Week and UPD has been supporting them by holding safety events during the designated week since 2015.

5625bae48c59b.image.jpg

"Faith Percival, an 18-year-old UF nutritional sciences freshman, mounts a University Police motorcycle on Oct. 19, 2015, on Turlington Plaza. UPD helped raise awareness during scooter safety week by encouraging students to wear helmets."

The city of Gainesville has similar programs in which they teach elementary school children bike safety and give them free bike helmets for attending.

The helmets are usually purchased through a grant or they are donated by the manufacturer.
I bet you're the life of the party.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wish Butters did buy the players helmets so we could fire him for violating NCAA rules.

In fact, I wonder how much cash it would take to get Naked Shark Guy to run around campus throwing 100 bills at the players in public places in hopes we could fire Butters immediately. I'm sure if we pass the plate we can come up with the cash.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Why don't athletes consider pedaling bicycles as physical training.? I used a bike at UF in 1960's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.