Mac didnt start the fire

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Found this on reddit from user zlatandiego. Thought it was hilarious/brilliant. Obviously read it like youre singing the song

Willie Muschamp, great defense, awful QBs, no offense

John Brantley, Tyler Murphy, transfer of Brissett

Jeff Driskel, broke his leg, we were left with Mornhinweg

Treon Harris, couldn’t spare us, never will forget

Please save us, Jimmy Mac, Clarabelle, quarterback

Will Grier, oh my, couldn’t stop from getting high

Back to Treon, our friend, Florida’s won the East again

Doesn’t matter, Alabama, twice in a row goodbye

Mac didn’t start the fire

It was always raging since Mullen went clanging

Stricklin got us our hire

Tebow said let’s right it, Mullen’s here to fight it

Cam Newton, throws laptops, when he runs away from cops

Marijuana, credit karma, when will it stop

Hernandez, wait who’s that, Will Grier’s gone, huge lats

Percy Harvin, defense carvin’, choke slams round the clock

Hurricanes, Seminoles, time for us to overthrow

Croots are thinking, Taggart’s sinking, Noles are future cupcakes

Miami, strong start, Mark Richt, falls apart

Dan Mullen, knows winning, taking back our home state

Mac didn’t start the fire

It was always raging since Mullen went clanging

Stricklin got us our hire

Tebow said let’s right it, Mullen’s here to fight it

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone saying Driskel breaking his leg was one of the big issues for our failures may have mental issues.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The fella who wrote this, more than likely has a little sugar in his tank.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Considering the alternative being Morningwheg?

Well Tyler Murphy replaced him initially and played much better until he literally couldn't raise an arm above his shoulder starting in that Missouri game. Also Driskel "Driskeled" like crazy against Miami and Tenn that year before being lost for the season.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Well Tyler Murphy replaced him initially and played much better until he literally couldn't raise an arm above his shoulder starting in that Missouri game. Also Driskel "Driskeled" like crazy against Miami and Tenn that year before being lost for the season.
Looking back at our qb depth up til this year makes me shudder

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looking back at our qb depth up til this year makes me shudder

And Franks the only one to ever take a live snap going into 2018? That should be interesting. The one good thing is the new QB might be able to take over by mid season possibly.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
And Franks the only one to ever take a live snap going into 2018? That should be interesting. The one good thing is the new QB might be able to take over by mid season possibly.
The thing is Mac and Nuss knew we were terrible passing and had a great stable of running backs and literally never adjusted. We know Mullen will run heavy and honestly, with who we have that excites me especially if Franks has to start right away

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I hate to us UGA as an example, but Fromm is a true freshman and look where they are at. Not predicting a NT run with Emory in his first year, but . . . I've gotta believe that he WILL make a difference, and we WILL make a marked improvement over this year, minimum, doubling our # of wins.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to us UGA as an example, but Fromm is a true freshman and look where they are at. Not predicting a NT run with Emory in his first year, but . . . I've gotta believe that he WILL make a difference, and we WILL make a marked improvement over this year, minimum, doubling our # of wins.
CFB is littered with freshman QB's making it to the National Championship game going back to Tebow...
12 gauge at OSU
Bama's QB last year

Not impossible at all.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I think 8 or even 9 wins is definitely possible due to our favorable schedule but we probably don't have the talent to have a chance to make the SECCG in 2018. Even with all their departures coming Georgia has killed it in recruiting the past few years.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I think 8 or even 9 wins is definitely possible due to our favorable schedule but we probably don't have the talent to have a chance to make the SECCG in 2018. Even with all their departures coming Georgia has killed it in recruiting the past few years.
I think 8-9 is the floor. With a good SC program and a competent coach, we should always win at least 9. We obviously need some talent upgrade but if we land who we need in recruiting it could be a decent season

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Any ode on the decline of UF football that does not include the name Foley has missed the source of UF's problems.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Mac didn't start the fire, he surely threw gas on it!

BTW.... Good Song!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, Mac didn't even call the Fire Department when it started raging.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
source.gif

A for effort. But my OCD wants it to be in chronological order.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
If you want to "blame" anyone, lay it on J. Foley for his back-to-back whifs. But personally I no longer have a desire to look back on the Muschamp/McElwain years. I think it has all been said and most of us agree those were traumatic times for Gator Nation. Time to move on, and with the overall pitiful state of the SEC, I think Coach Dan will be making noise sooner, rather than later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator