Mac has a chance to completely change the narrative this off-season

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mehhhhh..... I have my doubts but he has had a few drives that looked good enough. I'd like to see them a lot more and a lot less quitting at halftime or earlier.

I don't know, but we're stuck with him is the bottom line. I'd like to at least see him with a semi-competent staff since he isn't going anywhere next year.

I don't think he has the mindset of a champion. SOS, CUM, Harballs, The South Pole Elf, they all would have been going nuts on their teams for all these blowouts. Butters just thinks it's keeeeeewl to be there, I guess. That isn't a champion mindset. He seems very comfortable being slightly better or slightly worse than Tinerc.

Last edited:

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Mac is waiting for a power 5 west coast team to come a callin plain and simple.... I would have put good hard earned money on him going to Oregon....I guess he is literally " buying his time"...

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I really don't see things getting better, but this is what I'd like to see:
  1. Promote Shannon and bring in a young coach that has a reputation as a recruiter. It's been said, and i agree with it wholeheartedly.
  2. Nuss gets an HC offer and leaves. Replace with a good recruiter. Mac should be able to help game plan, but we need recruiters.
  3. Nord leaves, again replace with a good recruiter.
  4. Summers is dealt with. Either leave or become a QC analyst. Again replace with a good recruiter.
  5. We don't need a great class this cycle. We need to fill needs. Obviously we want better players, but we can't whiff on numbers, especially at OL and DT.
  6. Win the bowl game.
If all this happens, it will be a successful off-season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mac is waiting for a power 5 west coast team to come a callin plain and simple.... I would have put good hard earned money on him going to Oregon....I guess he is literally " buying his time"...
So, you think he'd pass up Oregon? That doesn't make much sense. Who is he waiting for? USC? Honestly, I don't think any PAC team would tolerate his 2 yards and a cloud of dust offense. From here, he goes to the Big 12 (Indiana type job) or back to midmajjor.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
1) If you take all the site's rankings his classes have averaged around 20th and 14th. If we sign a top 15 class this year we'll be damn lucky

2) we can't sign a grad transfer for 3 years because Mac got us put on probation.

To all mea culpa, I must have hit 2014 not 2015 when I went back to see the classes. Still another solid class would help him.

As I said orginally, "5. Make some noise in the transfer market. Maybe even a Spring term graduate transfer QB if the SEC would grant UF a waiver." So I said UF would need a waiver from the SEC to sign a graduate transfer this year, but I suspect a Spring term graduate transfer who would need to pass enough Spring term graduate courses to play in the fall might get UF that wavier.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Mac isn't changing jack ****, it's a cool thing, ya know?
I'm a gloomy Gus when it comes to Hee Haw actually doing anything progressive myself. Hells Bells, Shannon was supposed to be a help in recruiting Miami but done nothing. If we need to keep his coaching around, we would be better off hiring a HS coach that can actually recruit than bring in better coaches that can't. I can't remember when we were more desperate for good recruits. I'd even be for hiring a special teams coach as bad as Nord if he could recruit.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I don't think he has the mindset of a champion. SOS, CUM, Harballs, The South Pole Elf, they all would have been going nuts on their teams for all these blowouts. Butters just thinks it's keeeeeewl to be there, I guess. That isn't a champion mindset. He seems very comfortable being slightly better or slightly worse than Tinerc.
This is it in a nutshell....Some people climb to the top because they never stop no matter the circumstances....The guys mentioned never, ever stop coaching their players regardless of the situation. It doesn't matter if it's a 3rd stringer playing on either end of a blowout and it doesn't matter if it's a QB or a TE....Anyone remember Saban swatting AJ Macarron on the ass like a child a few years back when he f vcked up at the end of a game Bama had easily in hand, he was coaching into the future and so did SOS....Butters is usually looking around the stadium instead of teaching at the moment....If you want development from your players you never stop teaching. He also never makes moves to light a fire under players who are performing below their given skill set.......Anyone remember how Urban hardly ever started Carlos Dunlap, who was one of the most talented players on the team??? When Dunlap would get into the game he would light people up and if he took a play off...out he went again.

Someone mentioned getting a good classs.....good class my ass, we need a top 5 or 6 RIVALS ranked class JUST TO CLOSE THE GAP ON THE BIG BOYS....We are at a steady decline where talent across the board is concerned and we have another group of talented starters leaving....Time to work your ass off Butter's to save your job.....I don't think he's up to the task. This is the major leagues Buddy and he's a double A coach....

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Bidding, not buying. Just smokin' mirrors you know.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
This is it in a nutshell....Some people climb to the top because they never stop no matter the circumstances....The guys mentioned never, ever stop coaching their players regardless of the situation. It doesn't matter if it's a 3rd stringer playing on either end of a blowout and it doesn't matter if it's a QB or a TE....Anyone remember Saban swatting AJ Macarron on the ass like a child a few years back when he f vcked up at the end of a game Bama had easily in hand, he was coaching into the future and so did SOS....Butters is usually looking around the stadium instead of teaching at the moment....If you want development from your players you never stop teaching. He also never makes moves to light a fire under players who are performing below their given skill set.......Anyone remember how Urban hardly ever started Carlos Dunlap, who was one of the most talented players on the team??? When Dunlap would get into the game he would light people up and if he took a play off...out he went again.

Someone mentioned getting a good classs.....good class my ass, we need a top 5 or 6 RIVALS ranked class JUST TO CLOSE THE GAP ON THE BIG BOYS....We are at a steady decline where talent across the board is concerned and we have another group of talented starters leaving....Time to work your ass off Butter's to save your job.....I don't think he's up to the task. This is the major leagues Buddy and he's a double A coach....
Since the KT incident I haven't seen him get "fired up" and to be honest he looks disinterested as hell on the sidelines at every game. Dude looks as if he could careless if we win or lose and I believe that trickles down to the team.

As for recruiting....he just isn't up to the task and has no clue how to bring in elite players...PERIOD!

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Since the KT incident I haven't seen him get "fired up" and to be honest he looks disinterested as hell on the sidelines at every game. Dude looks as if he could careless if we win or lose and I believe that trickles down to the team.

As for recruiting....he just isn't up to the task and has no clue how to bring in elite players...PERIOD!

He got fired up about the LDR injury a little bit....he's such a goof ball it's hard to tell if it's real.

He should be coaching Jr. High basketball.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I bought a lotto ticket today, I have a chance to win a few million this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator