Mac: No further staff changes after bowl

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Full speed ahead.
hqdefault.jpg

Gatorboy856

May 18, 2016
Seriously? No way no changes. I'm dumfounded, is Mac a Democrat just not seeing the truth??? Cmon... Does anyone reflect on their own decisions anymore?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see him make any changes unless he's forced to do so. Like Law has said on multiple occasions, he seems perfectly content with the results and happy to be sacrificial lamb from the East.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
If changes have been made, or are going to be made, the coach speak answer is going to be "No". If changes are not going to be made the answer is "No". So the answer is "No." We will have to wait and see what happens.

I don't think changes are going to be made because Mac believes things are going in the right direction. The Iowa game is going to be not just another meaningless bowl game. If the Gators bomb against Iowa then there is going to be pressure for changes to be made or the noise is going to get louder than a front row seat at a duck callers' convention. If the Gators win then Mac will feel he has enough rope to continue to hang himself without making changes.

Usually this is the type of bowl game that the Gators bomb. Usually this type of game is seen as a meaningless game for the Gators after losing to FSU and Alabama in another disappointing season. For Iowa it is seen as an important game in Florida for a bland but solid Midwestern program. Iowa sees it another chance to get their program on national TV this time with a Florida and SEC audience watching. Usually the incentive is going to be with Iowa. Usually. But because of the way things have gone down the last few years in Gainesville, Mac and the Gators are going to have to make a stand in Tampa and try to reverse this thing.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[GIPHY="dumpster fire"]https://media0.giphy.com/media/FqtWrearu5vb2/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who knows what will happen, but come on, do you really expect him to get up there and say he's firing a bunch of coaches after the game? That's just not gonna happen at a press conference before a bowl game.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
'We're always looking to improve here at the University of Florida and will review any opportunities if they become apparent after the season'. But when your communication skills suck a$$, it's best to just smack your lips and say No.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
It has gotten to the point where I just do not care anymore. The only change that would get me excited is if Butters was leaving. Beyond that everything else is pointless. It took way too long to get rid of Fooley. I just hope we don't have to wait too long for Butters to pack his bags!

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
It has gotten to the point where I just do not care anymore. The only change that would get me excited is if Butters was leaving. Beyond that everything else is pointless. It took way too long to get rid of Fooley. I just hope we don't have to wait too long for Butters to pack his bags!
Never thought I'd say this but I have absolutely ZERO confidence in anything we're doing at UF anymore. Facilities is sh*t...staff is sh*t...recruiting is sh*t...and by the decision making (of the people who matter at UF) it doesn't seem like they give a sh*t if we ever win in football again. Smh... it doesn't matter who the coach is it will be years before we catch up with the top tier programs and start competing for National Titles again!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
do you really expect him to get up there and say he's firing a bunch of coaches after the game?

For once?

[GIPHY="yes"]https://media4.giphy.com/media/wV4gQYC27QlHO/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Who knows what will happen, but come on, do you really expect him to get up there and say he's firing a bunch of coaches after the game? That's just not gonna happen at a press conference before a bowl game.

I agree that you'll never see that. There's nothing to gain from opening that can of worms in this setting. I do, however, think there are a host of ways to answer a question like that without speaking in absolutes.

Definitively saying no crushes the hopes of many that feel a change could be really beneficial. And now if he does make a move, it just dampens his credibility that much more. I think that's really the complaint here. Like so many other things with Mac, not the end of the world necessarily, but could've been handled better.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Why not? It might make some of them put some effort into keeping their jobs....

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Yeah, no coach will do that. I believe some changes will happen, but nuss probably stays and we get locksley. Hopefully we dump nord and probably summers as well, they just can't recruit.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
[GIPHY="whatever"]https://media3.giphy.com/media/KDId06ohMF0yI/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Let's just wait to see what Mac pulls out of the hat.
7e7cd78ac87b3a05c41a09b221cb2d9e.jpg

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I'm kind of like a lot of posters here, as long as Mac's the head coach, I'm kind of "meh". I have felt this way since the last half of his first year. And as someone else opined, I'm not sure the UF administration gives a crap.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm 75% off the train. The remaining 25% is holding out hope until Texas A&M on Oct. 14. By then, I'll feel totally confident in knowing exactly where we stand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.