Mac will be around for a long time

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
The way recruiting is going, the Gators should have some good years ahead. If you don't like Mac, I think you will have to live with him for about 10 years at least.

I don't think they have to win the SEC for Florida to keep him around. What do you think?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I remember Fooley saying Chimp was going to be around a long time the year he got fired.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
The way recruiting is going, the Gators should have some good years ahead. If you don't like Mac, I think you will have to live with him for about 10 years at least.

I don't think they have to win the SEC for Florida to keep him around. What do you think?
If we are building all these new football facilities and don't show any improvement on the field, especially on offense, I can see some boosters calling for his head. It would depend on what coaches/OC are available after next season. I give it until 2019, if the offense is still stagnant and we don't win the SEC he could be gone. It will also depend on his buyout, as we are still paying Dummy for his lackluster effort from 2011-2014.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016

If Mac struggles this year he's Richt 2.0. No thanks

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If I were a Trailerbammer or Tinerc fan, id want Butterteeth to stay a long long time also.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
If we are building all these new football facilities and don't show any improvement on the field, especially on offense, I can see some boosters calling for his head. It would depend on what coaches/OC are available after next season. I give it until 2019, if the offense is still stagnant and we don't win the SEC he could be gone. It will also depend on his buyout, as we are still paying Dummy for his lackluster effort from 2011-2014.
No 3 years should be enough and there are ton of proven and young HCs coming through the ranks. If Mac gets 5 years UF should just quit trying at football.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ive already seen this movie the first six times they played it.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
We'll find out this year. He has Zaire and Franks at QB with his guys in on D and O. I like what I'm starting to see with Mac. He identifies the problems and goes about fixing them. Whether those fixes are successful is to be determined. No more excuses about no QB. He has talent at TE, WR, and RB . If the offense doesn't massively improve this season it never will. I like our LBs, DEs and DTs. He just needs to recruit more at DT and LB. I've hated his recruiting in the secondary until the 2017 class. But like I said, he saw a need to upgrade that area and got the guys who can seal the deal in recruiting that need. I remember Chump at that press conference with a stupid look on his face saying he didn't know what to do. :bwahaha:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If the offense doesn't massively improve this season it never will.
Noted.

Urg thinks that scares people.

Just to clarify how many points/yards is a massive improvement for you. Id like to see the numbers before tue season starts and fullscale excusism returns.

As good as Kintucky (40ish) at least? Or is that another failure if you are doing it with top10-15 talent? I mean 40 used to get you fired (Zaunbrecher) but we just keep lowering the bar so Im wondering where we are now.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The way recruiting is going? You mean the way it's supposed to be going because we're Florida and not NC State? Ron Zook recruited better and he didn't make it very long.

It's nice the coaches may actually earn their salaries by bringing in proper recruiting classes, now they just have to prove they can actually coach them on the field. Jury is still out.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Noted.

Urg thinks that scares people.

Just to clarify how many points/yards is a massive improvement for you. Id like to see the numbers before tue season starts and fullscale excusism returns.

As good as Kintucky at least? Or is that another failure if you are doing it with top10-15 talent?

70th or better for me on offense. There is no reason this cant be obtained. Pollack said it best yesterday on the championship countdown, Florida speed is finally starting to return to Florida. This is why I think Toney will play a key role in this offense. He has the speed. Just need to work on catching and holding onto the ball...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, the fact that Butterteef finally is recruiting like every other coach who has ever recruited at UF since the 70s is some major accomplishment.

We should give him extra credit.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
The way recruiting is going? You mean the way it's supposed to be going because we're Florida and not NC State? Ron Zook recruited better and he didn't make it very long.

It's nice the coaches may actually earn their salaries by bringing in proper recruiting classes, now they just have to prove they can actually coach them on the field. Jury is still out.
Dido, Ditto, same here, I agree with this post... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.