Jun 8, 2016
Here ya go.....

"I haven't given it any thought."

Not asked yet about NEB.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Mac:

"There's a lot of angry people out there." Specifically said his family and players have received death threats.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've been watching this. Nothing but softball questions, as usual. That whole group needs to be shown the door along with Mac.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When is somebody going to ask how the barbecue sauce sales are going?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
After watching I have to say, I still like Mac and he really seems to want to be a gator. I really wish he knew how to pull it all together and win. That being said, we need a new staff. When they ask him about how involved he is in play calling you can tell its little to none. He just doesnt seem to be a game manager that knows how to scheme and change things up when its most needed. I dont believe changing the OC will fix it but if he isnt fired, he at least has to try a new OC and show us its not the answer. The special teams have lacked so much and nothing changes. At this point and time I am certain beyond a doubt he is still here next year and we end up suffering thru another year of "and yet". Something needs to change and he needs to at least act like there is a real problem besides 3rd downs.

g-mandan has a very rational POV here. IMO it's very likely that all the players love Mac. I know, many turn that into a negative, but I bet firing him deposits a bigger negative than keeping him. The "powers that be" do need to assure that Mac replaces Nuss with a fierce OC, and insert several other staff changes. {Love to see qualified Gator Greats hired -- that will bring tradition & fire back.}

As to our team's future, our main "go-by" is Mac's pressors and those are complete smoke-screams. So the best any can conclude is IDK.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
When asked for specifics about death threats, Mac said, "Let's move (on.)"

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
So THE headline out of this is going to be the death threats.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Way to throw **** at a fanbase that already want you gone... just looks pathetic

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is McElwain’s first news conference since before the bye week. Follow along for live updates from his comments.

• “One of college football’s best rivalries and the opportunity to go play in the great city of Jacksonville in a stadium that’s split down the middle, I think it’s just a great environment.”
  • “Obviously this is a team that’s playing at a high, high level. Kirby’s got them playing well. They’re a team that offensively has done a really good job possessing the football. their time of possession is really good, which keeps their defense off the field and allows those guys to play fresh. Those runners on real and (if) you load the box the quarterback can hurt you throwing the ball downfield.”
  • “Defensively, they’ve done a really good job of swarming to the football. They play physical, they’ve got really good players, we’ve got our work cut out for us.”
  • Injuries: “Really no updates.” … WR Josh Hammond is questionable with a back. … WR Kadarius Toney: “We’ll find out on Wednesday where he’s at.” … DE Jabari Zuniga: “We’ll find out here during this week how much he can go.” … WR Tyrie Cleveland “ran pretty decent yesterday, but we’ll limit where that goes from there.” … LB Jeremiah Moon will be back. …. S Quincy Lenton had his knee scoped and is out.
  • On looking to bounce back from two losses: “We’ve just got to finish. We had two opportunities to finish and we didn’t, and that’s what these young guys have to figure out.”
  • On recruiting momentum: “It’s been really positive. A lot of guys see the opportunity they’re going to have.”
  • On early signing period: “Obviously we’d like to sign all 25 in December.”
  • Will Malik Zaire get a second chance? “There will be, if he keeps continuing to work and getting a little bit better. … He’ll continue to work the way he’s been and get his opportunities when and if that comes up.”
  • On QB Feleipe Franks: “I think the big thing is just don’t get locked in, don’t predetermine and really take your one cue and move from there and throw it to some of those guys who are open.”
  • On what improvement he’s seen from Franks; “I thought he’s handled some situations pretty decent and get it called and let’s go.”
  • On Kirby Smart’s success at Georgia: “You feel good about, he’s got things going, which is the way Florida-Georgia, that’s what this should be about.”
  • More on Smart: “He’s done a great job of recruiting. They’re keeping guys at home. And one thing you see is stay the course and consistent in what you do and how you do it.”
  • On rumors that McElwain may consider Oregon State opening: “No, and it’s interesting. It’s that time of year and those are things that people throw out. At the same time, we’ve got a helluva group coming in. We’re playing a lot of young guys right now that are playing pretty darn hard that have a chance to be really good players. Our main focus is what we did in the bye week now moving forward to playing Georgia.”
  • McElwain makes a mention to death threats from angry fans. Doesn’t expound, declines to clarify if he or his family specifically have received one.
  • “Here’s the one thing, you’re in the business, that’s all part of it, it’s when it’s directed toward your players, directed toward families, wives. At the same time, they know what they signed up for as well and it’s part of the business.”
  • On Zaire: “He continues to work and that’s a good thing.”
  • On whether he or his family specifically received death threats: “Let’s move (on).”
  • On whether he’s turned any of these threats over to police: “No, it is what it is.”

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I will assume that the death threats came from one or two deranged and pitiful folk. Football is just a game folks. The outcome of a game or a season will not affect anything of import. Remind yourself of that. Young men doing their best, representing our University who deserve our support and encouragement. But it's a game.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I've been receiving death threats from Ox but I don't want to talk about it. Let's move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.