Made a new cobbler today for tonights dessert

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My sister and her husband were over today, ms. Cooter made stuffed pork chops for dinner, so I decided to make a cobbler for dessert. I usually make apple or peach but decided to try a cream cheese and pineapple this time. Served it while it was still warm with vanilla ice cream and I have to say it was outstanding. I used to make cobblers like my grandmother did, homemade crust on top and bottom, but now just do a much simpler "dump" cobbler.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds great!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I make the cobblers around my place. Peach/blueberry Sometime I throw some strawberries and cherries in one. Never tried the cream cheese in one.
How do you get crust on the bottom? My grandmother's recipe is what I use basically.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I used to roll out two crusts like a double crust pie, one on the bottom, then put in the flling, then put the second crust on. Now I pour the batter in first and then drop the fruit into the batter. When it bakes, the batter rises and browns above the fruit. The cream cheese and pineapple was pretty good but I still like peach cobbler the best.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n227557 said:
Only if you put nuts in them.

RwtoBW4.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.