Magic Johnson New President of Lakers

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Magic is probably the most over hyped administrator there is out there in sports but all you need in the NBA is for a superstar and another star to be willing to come play for your team and you are set.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
What the hell took Jeanie so long? I realize Jim is her brother, but he was atrocious.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Magic is probably the most over hyped administrator there is out there in sports but all you need in the NBA is for a superstar and another star to be willing to come play for your team and you are set.

A quick glance at the Laker board and many fans think it was a mistake to hire Magic.

Rob Pelinka to be the new GM. Say what?

Last edited:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I may be in the minority here but I've never liked Magic, I think he's all smile and soft shoe...

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

That would be Isiah Thomas imo.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
That would be Isiah Thomas imo.

We agree! He was awful. They traded Lou Williams already. Magic at work. They will suck for another 3 years and he will get fired.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Magic knows what he's doing. He got Corey Brewer and most importantly a 1st rounder in a very strong draft. It's obvious they are tanking this year. The Lakers will probably get Lonzo Ball in the draft, trade for another All-Star, and begin to rebuild. If they make the right moves, they can be a playoff team in the next two years IMO.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Lakers deserve to suck forever after the way they ditched shaq in order to keep kobe. Hell, they traded shaq and fired phil by kobe's demands. I was happy to see kobe go out a loser that no other super stars wanted to play with. Now I'm glad to see that the Lakers are gonna suck for a long time.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Magic knows what he's doing. He got Corey Brewer and most importantly a 1st rounder in a very strong draft. It's obvious they are tanking this year. The Lakers will probably get Lonzo Ball in the draft, trade for another All-Star, and begin to rebuild. If they make the right moves, they can be a playoff team in the next two years IMO.

Magic is awful.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I am with you fever.
This guy gets every advantage when his performance is being evaluated.
You will read about his tremendous success in the business world when the reality is that all of his businesses are propped up with government grants and accommodations that basically ensured success.
His commentary on the NBA is pedestrian at best since he seems to have an amazing grasp of the obvious. I will give him credit for the atrocious grammar though, he has mastered the art of torturing the English language, he mentored Nat Moore.

Don't get me wrong, I don't watch the NBA and I don't care about the Lakers but one can't help but see how he has been propped up since the day he retired. At this point, I would think that any GM in the league could be successful at L.A. these days given the draft picks and cap room they have. If things turn around, you can rest assured that Magic will get ALL the credit.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'm not an NBA fan any more. The Jordan rules eroded my love for the game. That said, most of the people who cover the NBA say this is a great move. We will see. The interviews I've seen? Magic understands the pull of the Laker brand. The issue is, can he draft talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.