Make QBs live during practices?

leogator

May 5, 2018
Mullen has suggested it. I think it's a great idea. Routes on air in shorts are for the birds.They can do that on their own during the summer. I want the QBs to be under pressure and the WRs marked by DBs.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen has suggested it. I think it's a great idea. Routes on air in shorts are for the birds.They can do that on their own during the summer. I want the QBs to be under pressure and the WRs marked by DBs.

We’re going have to be somewhat live in practice to run Mullen’s offense.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
This post deserves more likes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We have to, right? Especially w a #1 who has a history of collapsing under pressure, a #2 who is a true freshman, and a #3 QB who hasnt played since middle school?

You run it at full speed but don't HIT them 100%. Have to see what they can do. Have to see if they can run and run over the occasional safety.

Last edited:

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Its not like we have Tebow to keep healthy, lets see what we have or don't have. Would rather find out if Frank's can run this offense now that against Tenn. or KY.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Mullen’s got a pretty good track record with quarterbacks. Whatever he thinks best is fine by me.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great idea until someone blows a knee out in practice..

Just keep the players away from Mopeds.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Great idea until someone blows a knee out in practice..

Just keep the players away from Mopeds.
Trash has been hurt the last two years while carrying the clipboard. If he or Franks gets hurt with our defense hitting them but pulling up on the hits, how long were they going to last in a real game running the option anyway?

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
can't get used to being hit on those 1 yard plunges without getting hit... so yes, live practices.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Trash has been hurt the last two years while carrying the clipboard. If he or Franks gets hurt with our defense hitting them but pulling up on the hits, how long were they going to last in a real game running the option anyway?

Exactly, it is far far easier to replace a guy who gets hurt in practice than one who gets hurt in the middle of a close game. If you are going to play Mullen's style of offense, you have to find out if you QB can hold up in it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Franks has a great arm but if he can't figure it out under pressure he doesn't need to be on the field. With EJ, Toney, Jaylin Jackson, even Kylan Johnson, there are several former QBs on the roster more suited to run the spread/option.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Franks has a great arm but if he can't figure it out under pressure he doesn't need to be on the field. With EJ, Toney, Jaylin Jackson, even Kylan Johnson, there are several former QBs on the roster more suited to run the spread/option.

Don't forget your guy Trask. If he is steady, can do a bit of both and makes good decision, he might lead UF to a very nice season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, I'm not forgetting Trash.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
BTW, I was thinking of starting a thread entitled:

A sure sign Mullen has not had a good first year will be if:

Then in body of the first post:

No QB transfers.

If someone wins the job solidly, some other QB may well transfer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He has rushed for 6 yards in 6 years. No one is scared of him.

And a less than 50% passer, against walkons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb