Making fun of Swamp (G)Azz time

If Gatorchatter was disbanded and you had to choose one, where would you go?

• Gator Facebook group

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Swamp Gas

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Gatorsports Message Board

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • 247 Message Boards

Votes: 20 41.7%

• Total voters

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
40 is garbage. A few tenths of a point betwee. 40-70th a few more between 70-100th.
Less resistance than anticipated. And that’s not the point. He’s consistently in the top 40, not on average.

That said, recruiting and defense are more of a concern for me. I believe he’ll outrecruit his time at MSU but I’m not sold it’s going to be enough. And I’m not sold on Grantham.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
We'll know this next recruiting class if he's the real deal. Every coach worth a damn has had a HUGE 2nd class. No excuses.
Mullen already brought in one of UF's best transition recruiting classes. Mullen caught up then so hopefully his hard work will allow him to catch up on the 2019 class.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
And I’m not sold on Grantham.

We will see. I think he will do better than what we experienced last season.

Grantham inherits talent that fits his 3-4 system. Our CBs and nickel back Gardner have top tier speed. With Grantham's more aggressive system defense should get more interceptions and sacks next season. Defensive recruits like interceptions and sacks so hopefully that can lure some top defensive recruits. If NG Slayton breaks out this season we could be very good on defense.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
You mean you haven't heard? The sky is falling!

The future with the proposed 130,000 football center is bright. It just won't be completed for 3 years so the 2019 recruiting class won't be able to use it until they are juniors.

UGA is a difficult obstacle with their last loaded recruiting class. Mullen has to upset UGA the next game for immediate impact.

If UGA has bad injury/suspension luck like UF had last season then they are beatable.UF is overdue for good injury/suspension luck. Hopefully the dawgs will get too full of themselves and get in trouble like our players did last season.

Mullen will have a worse QB and OL than UGA but a better defense. Knock on wood that UF has good injury/suspension luck like UGA had last season.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If UGA has bad injury/suspension luck like UF had last season then they are beatable.

They are very beatable regardless. Their OC is nearly as useless as Nusschump. They played three games against tough teams last year and lost two, in catastrophic fashion. That stuff is hard on the psyche, especially when the know deep down that they are loser azz fleabags.

They had like 30 seniors last year. They already have an injury/suspension problem.

BTW, we didn't suck last year because of a "bad injury/suspension problem". We lost one RB who was replaced by an even better true freshman back who Butters would have never played otherwise and a WR in an offense that was never going to throw the ball more than 3 yards down field..... and a bunch of roster flotsam. We were a 4 win team and damn lucky to win two of those games, because we brought back a 110th ranked piece of shyt OC and an equally clueless and lazy HC.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
They are very beatable regardless. Their OC is nearly as useless as Nusschump. They played three games against tough teams last year and lost two, in catastrophic fashion. That stuff is hard on the psyche, especially when the know deep down that they are loser azz fleabags.

They had like 30 seniors last year.
All the experts are saying they are going to kick our azz next game. I think you know more about the azz kicking than they do.

UGA's returning QB is smart. Franks not so much. Trask is smarter than Franks but does not have the confidence that the UGA QB has. E Jones is a true freshman who is not as smart as the UGA QB. QB is UGA's advantage.

We certainly have a lot more weapons on offense than we had last season. We started a walkon LB versus UGA last season and it showed. We have much better LB depth now.

UGA'S lost seniors included their leaders on defense consequently UF should have the better defense. Now it comes down to who is healthy and eligible. Knock on wood.

I will defer to your expertise as to which azz will be kicked.

Last edited:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
BTW, we didn't suck last year because of a "bad injury/suspension problem". We lost one RB who was replaced by an even better true freshman back who Butters would have never played otherwise....
M Davis only got 4 carries versus UGA due to bad INJURY luck. Hopefully he gets more this year. One of the suspended players Scarlett returns so our RB depth will be closer to UGA's next game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, the starter can always get injured. You can't really even blame lack of depth. RB and undersized DEs are the two positions we actually had depth.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Well, the starter can always get injured. You can't really even blame lack of depth. RB and undersized DEs are the two positions we actually had depth.
We did have depth left but we needed playmakers.
M Davis was our playmaker at RB. UGA still had playmakers available who took advantage of our walk on LB who was starting due to bad injury luck.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We did have depth left but we needed playmakers.
M Davis was our playmaker at RB. UGA still had playmakers available who took advantage of our walk on LB who was starting due to bad injury luck.
LB ers get hurt. SOS once had to play Terry Jackson at LB for several games.

Playing a walkon is called being a piss poor recruiter and having Vandy like depth. It isn't bad luck it is being a terrible coach.

We will have several LBs hurt this year too. And the next. And the next.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
LB ers get hurt. SOS once had to play Terry Jackson at LB for several games.

Playing a walkon is called being a piss poor recruiter and having Vandy like depth. It isn't bad luck it is being a terrible coach.

We will have several LBs hurt this year too. And the next. And the next.
To be more accurate you need to be a good recruiter and have good injury luck. UGA last season did not have many injuries which helped them. Auburn beat top recruiter Bama the game Bama had numerous injuries at LB and other positions.

https://auburn.247sports.com/Articl...-injured-players-going-into-Week-12-110995560

Last edited:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Again, dude, you think Gators are the only ones that talk bad about their football team when they are losing. Ever been on a Bammer board after a loss?

They still recruit just fine.

Harness that bullshyt. It won't fly over here.
Never said Gators don't talk bad about their football team.

Mike Winter is the nole mole that goes on the gatorsports site and bad mouths UF and acts like a Gator saying "we". Hopefully you are smart enough to know that guy is not a Gator.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
We will see. I think he will do better than what we experienced last season.

Grantham inherits talent that fits his 3-4 system. Our CBs and nickel back Gardner have top tier speed. With Grantham's more aggressive system defense should get more interceptions and sacks next season. Defensive recruits like interceptions and sacks so hopefully that can lure some top defensive recruits. If NG Slayton breaks out this season we could be very good on defense.
They will rank out well but will have a few head scratchers thrown in. It’s happened at each stop of his. Not to mention he’s got a roster with terrible LBs, a very important feature in his defense.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
They will rank out well but will have a few head scratchers thrown in. It’s happened at each stop of his. Not to mention he’s got a roster with terrible LBs, a very important feature in his defense.
Seabee

At MSU they played big LBs so some of our DEs like CeCE Jefferson (who has freakishly long arms) can play LB. We may be better at LB than I originally thought.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Seabee

At MSU they played big LBs so some of our DEs like CeCE Jefferson (who has freakishly long arms) can play LB. We may be better at LB than I originally thought.
Cece will be good. What fills the inside positions and what depth is available is the main concern. No need to pump every position: it’s ok to accept we may not be good next year. Doesn’t mean that a) the team won’t exceed expectations or b) that a 8 win year won’t be considered a success.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Cece will be good. What fills the inside positions and what depth is available is the main concern. No need to pump every position: it’s ok to accept we may not be good next year. Doesn’t mean that a) the team won’t exceed expectations or b) that a 8 win year won’t be considered a success.
I think we will exceed expectations as our defense has good athletes in the secondary and many more LBs than last year when we had to start walk on LBs.

It will be different in that we get more sacks and turnovers but give up more big plays when we blitz more often.

Our offense has more playmakers at WR, RB and TE. OL should be better. Hence I think we surprise the pundits. QB has easier reads in this offense. This is better for QBS like Franks and Trask was not available last season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator