Making fun of Swamp (G)Azz time

If Gatorchatter was disbanded and you had to choose one, where would you go?

• Gator Facebook group

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Swamp Gas

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Gatorsports Message Board

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • 247 Message Boards

Votes: 20 41.7%

• Total voters

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
We did have depth left but we needed playmakers.
M Davis was our playmaker at RB. UGA still had playmakers available who took advantage of our walk on LB who was starting due to bad injury luck.

False. UGA took advantage of our walk on AND scholarship LB's. Let's not pretend Swift didn't beat slow bum ass David Reese to the edge with absolute ease.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I think we will exceed expectations as our defense has good athletes in the secondary and many more LBs than last year when we had to start walk on LBs.

It will be different in that we get more sacks and turnovers but give up more big plays when we blitz more often.

Our offense has more playmakers at WR, RB and TE. OL should be better. Hence I think we surprise the pundits. QB has easier reads in this offense. This is better for QBS like Franks and Trask was not available last season.
I agree, to an extent. Most pundits I’ve come across have us at 6 or 7 wins. 8 would be a pleasant surprise and I think that’s about where we end up. I wouldn’t even be upset with 7 wins as long as the losses are competitive. 6 might have me concerned.

The picture you paint seems to indicate something much better and I don’t see it - those “scholarship” LBs are only on scholarship because Shannon takes chances on Miami players - not because they are good. They aren’t SEC players (both Reese’s and Cece are the only three that might crack most 2 deeps in the SEC). Admitting that doesn’t make anyone a bad fan, just means there’s work to do ahead - which should be expected after the last 8 years and another firing.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
False. UGA took advantage of our walk on AND scholarship LB's. Let's not pretend Swift didn't beat slow bum ass David Reese to the edge with absolute ease.
It is not false that they did take advantage it the walk on you just added that they took advantage of another LB. We had fewer LBS last season hence the reason a walk on was on the field. We will have more this season plus will move some DEs to LB.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
I agree, to an extent. Most pundits I’ve come across have us at 6 or 7 wins. 8 would be a pleasant surprise and I think that’s about where we end up. I wouldn’t even be upset with 7 wins as long as the losses are competitive. 6 might have me concerned.

The picture you paint seems to indicate something much better and I don’t see it - those “scholarship” LBs are only on scholarship because Shannon takes chances on Miami players - not because they are good. They aren’t SEC players (both Reese’s and Cece are the only three that might crack most 2 deeps in the SEC). Admitting that doesn’t make anyone a bad fan, just means there’s work to do ahead - which should be expected after the last 8 years and another firing.
Rayshad Jackson* 50-Jeremiah Moon* 34-Lacedrick Brunson*
28-Kylan Johnson* 9-Andrew Chatfield Jr.
11-Vosean Joseph 41-James Houston IV*
33-David Reese
51-Ventrell Miller*
2-David Reese
Nick Smith

We have more this season. Chatfield is tough. Moon is long armed and fast. This is before incorporating some of our high rated DEs.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
33-David Reese
51-Ventrell Miller*
2-David Reese
Nick Smith

We have more this season. Chatfield is tough. Moon is long armed and fast. This is before incorporating some of our high rated DEs.
What are the asterisks for?

Johnson is ok, Chatfield and new Reese are too young to contribute significantly but might be good by the end of the season, and Houston/Miller have potential but ill believe it when I see it. The rest is junk. Cece will be the best of the group but I don’t see a true 2 deep needed to fill all 8 spots with ok bodies, much less SEC caliber dudes. LBs and safeties will put a cap on how well this defense performs and I think that cap is “above average” - at best.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
What are the asterisks for?

Johnson is ok, Chatfield and new Reese are too young to contribute significantly but might be good by the end of the season, and Houston/Miller have potential but ill believe it when I see it. The rest is junk. Cece will be the best of the group but I don’t see a true 2 deep needed to fill all 8 spots with ok bodies, much less SEC caliber dudes. LBs and safeties will put a cap on how well this defense performs and I think that cap is “above average” - at best.
Agree on new Reese being to young. Watch out for Chatfield. Moss will.make some noise. We did not have Houston and Miller last year. Watch out for A Clayton and CeCe. If Burney does not play safety he has speed to burn at LB.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Agree on new Reese. Watch out for Chatfield. Moss will.make some noise. We did not have Houston and Miller last year. Watch out for A Clayton.
You’re relying on a ton of potential to make your argument. I hope you’re right but outside of Reese and Jefferson, everything is a question mark or an already answered question (and not in a good way). At this point, without a leap of faith, it’s hard for me to believe the LBs or safeties will be anything more than a liability. Let’s hope I’m wrong.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
You’re relying on a ton of potential to make your argument. I hope you’re right but outside of Reese and Jefferson, everything is a question mark or an already answered question (and not in a good way). At this point, without a leap of faith, it’s hard for me to believe the LBs or safeties will be anything more than a liability. Let’s hope I’m wrong.
Heard good things on Moss who is a freak. Burney is very fast if moved to LB. My point is we did not have the bodies last season and this year we do. Won't see any walk ons at LB.

The asterisk is redshirted.

1st four possible

CECE 5 star
Reese 4 star
Moss freak
A Clayton 5 star

http://gridironnow.com/antonneus-clayton-could-be-x-factor-gators-are-looking-for-on-defense/

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Will see some conf USA caliber linebackers tho. Jbyrd is most definitely the new coach9.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
It is not false that they did take advantage it the walk on you just added that they took advantage of another LB. We had fewer LBS last season hence the reason a walk on was on the field. We will have more this season plus will move some DEs to LB.

We won't have any good LB's on the field unless you count when Cece and JZ are playing LB. I'll throw Chatfield in there too.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
33-David Reese
51-Ventrell Miller*
2-David Reese
Nick Smith

Rayshad Jackson - special teamer/Shannon special
Jeremiah Moon - does nothing
Brunson - Another Shannon special which if you can't tell that means you aren't any good
Kylan - We can do better but I don't have a problem with him. Always hurt though.
Chat - Will be a baller so that's one.
Vosean - The worst tackler to wear O&B since Kyle Jefferson. Seriously just watch this kids 2017 tape and the 2018 spring game. He has mastered the art of the missed tackle.
Houston - Don't know anything about him other than he was a 3* who tore his ACL during his senior year of high school
David Reese - Damn I can't stand watching #33 play. Our worst starting MLB since the 80's. We had a nice little streak going for well over a decade of legit NFL type studs at MLB. That has ended with the Reese era.
Ventrell - Don't know anything about him other than he was a 3* who looks kinda short. If he is like that Buster kid from FSU who played years ago I'll take it. No telling at this point.
David Reese - Redshirt. Kid doesn't know how to tackle yet.
Nick Smith - man come on.

How can someone look at those above names and think we are good at LB because now we don't have to play a walk on. I count at least 4 guys who would be walk ons at most power schools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator