Making fun of Swamp (G)Azz time

If Gatorchatter was disbanded and you had to choose one, where would you go?

• Gator Facebook group

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Swamp Gas

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Gatorsports Message Board

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • 247 Message Boards

Votes: 20 41.7%

• Total voters

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
jhybrd all-time classic post...

"What the writer forgets when he tout's Meyer's UF arrival is that Meyer's secret coaching weapon was Mullen. Everything Meyer did great before UF hired him was done with Mullen. The offense Meyer had that changed things in the SEC had the plays called by Mullen. After Mullen left Meyer's UF staff the wheels fell off Meyer's offense and Meyer fell apart."

That is all you need to know about the epitome of Swamp Gas. That is living proof.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
-You don't think Franks was missing open WRs? He is not a quick thinker at least last season he was not.

Do you ever say good things about UF? I believe you should have both negative and positive.

As to the first question above, yes he missed open WR, but the myth you are perpetrating is we had open receivers frequently or all over the field. It’s simply my not true. Our receivers were (prob still are) overall pretty brutal at getting separation. 5 or so clips a game among all the plays of open receivers missed on 7 yd routes doesn’t change that fact. Neither does the need to coach any of the qbs (Franks was just 1 year of Nuss’s 3) to get the reads for those open WRs. You also can’t have it both ways by arguing we had no talent on offense but suggesting our WRs were fantastic (or even above average) under Nuss at creating separation.

Regarding the second, I have plenty of nice things to yell to support the Gators each season in my seats at the Swamp. Those dollars (and travel hours) suggest positive support for the Gators. But, those seats also give me a good angle to see our WRs struggling to get open and the overall garbage/lack of coaching under Macs entire tenure - Nuss included.

Questioning fandom is the message board retreat of defeat. I suspect you post that type of question often.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
"
This is classic! (notice Itraz posting in there):

"Doug Nussmeier - Your Honest Opinion" (thread title)

http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/threads/doug-nussmeier-your-honest-opinion.369042/

jhbyrd quotes from this thread:

"Nuss has been left a problem by Muschamp that takes time to recover from. In spite of that problem Nuss did enough for UF to win 2 SEC East titles."

"Odds are you don't have to worry about 100 plus offense ranking this year as we now have offensive depth unlike the last 2 years."

"Nuss got enough out of our low talent offense to win the East the last two years."

"The number 10 nationally ranked LSU defense sure wasn't laughing when Nuss's offense upset them at LSU to clinch the SEC East championship..."

"Mac's position is strong with two East championships in spite of the mess Muschamp left. He has shown gradual improvement when UF was predicted to fail by the experts. Odds are the offense improves this year. No need to panic."

"Nuss set offensive records and got a national championship as OC at Bama. He had a QB drafted before he went to Bama.He walked into a tough situation his 1 year at Michigan."

"How many OC's are out there with even one national championship ring. Not alot at least on planet Earth."

"Stats are for losers."

"The old expression is liars use statistics. I do not think you are a liar but statistics dont always tell what is going on underneath and what the new coaches faced upon taking over for a losing coach."

"Odds are he does well on offense this year as he has depth everywhere unlike his past 2 years."

"The players are finally here..."

"Mac and his OC got the best they could out of Muschamp's weak personnel on offense. Muschamp and his OC couldn't eek out enough scoring to win. Mac and his OC did."

"If we do well on offense Nuss could very well get a head coach offer he likes. The new OC after that should have a full depth chart unlike Nuss inherited. With UF finally having depth on offense that is not out of the question with Alabama and UF top tier experience."

"UF is gradually improving every year and if they improve again this year Mac is more than safe."

"Mac and his OC got the best they could out of Muschamp's weak personnel on offense. Muschamp and his OC couldn't eek out enough scoring to win. Mac and his OC did."

"The end results for Nussmeir as OC over the last 5 years are 2 SEC East championships and one national championship. That is the big picture facts."

"...there should be a lot of UF fans enjoying the UF offense in the Swamp this season."

"We have one 5 star OL and numerous 4 star players on our offense. Our RT is a freshman all american. Our center and guards are the 3 star starters but they are showing good potential. The rest of the offense is loaded with 4 star talent."

"Away from UF Mac has 2 national championship rings as an OC and Nuss has one national championship ring as an OC. They know a little more about championships than you do."

"The downside is no good OC would want to coach at UF if they thought would not get a fair chance."

"I said the offense would improve but did not say would have won that game."

"Mac and his chosen OC succeeded where Muschamp failed."
This is classic! (notice Itraz posting in there):

"Doug Nussmeier - Your Honest Opinion" (thread title)

http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/threads/doug-nussmeier-your-honest-opinion.369042/

jhbyrd quotes from this thread:

"Nuss has been left a problem by Muschamp that takes time to recover from. In spite of that problem Nuss did enough for UF to win 2 SEC East titles."

"Odds are you don't have to worry about 100 plus offense ranking this year as we now have offensive depth unlike the last 2 years."

"Nuss got enough out of our low talent offense to win the East the last two years."

"The number 10 nationally ranked LSU defense sure wasn't laughing when Nuss's offense upset them at LSU to clinch the SEC East championship..."

"Mac's position is strong with two East championships in spite of the mess Muschamp left. He has shown gradual improvement when UF was predicted to fail by the experts. Odds are the offense improves this year. No need to panic."

"Nuss set offensive records and got a national championship as OC at Bama. He had a QB drafted before he went to Bama.He walked into a tough situation his 1 year at Michigan."

"How many OC's are out there with even one national championship ring. Not alot at least on planet Earth."

"Stats are for losers."

"The old expression is liars use statistics. I do not think you are a liar but statistics dont always tell what is going on underneath and what the new coaches faced upon taking over for a losing coach."

"Odds are he does well on offense this year as he has depth everywhere unlike his past 2 years."

"The players are finally here..."

"If we do well on offense Nuss could very well get a head coach offer he likes. The new OC after that should have a full depth chart unlike Nuss inherited. With UF finally having depth on offense that is not out of the question with Alabama and UF top tier experience."

"UF is gradually improving every year and if they improve again this year Mac is more than safe."

"The end results for Nussmeir as OC over the last 5 years are 2 SEC East championships and one national championship. That is the big picture facts."

"...there should be a lot of UF fans enjoying the UF offense in the Swamp this season."

"We have one 5 star OL and numerous 4 star players on our offense. Our RT is a freshman all american. Our center and guards are the 3 star starters but they are showing good potential. The rest of the offense is loaded with 4 star talent."

"Away from UF Mac has 2 national championship rings as an OC and Nuss has one national championship ring as an OC. They know a little more about championships than you do."

"The downside is no good OC would want to coach at UF if they thought would not get a fair chance."

"I said the offense would improve but did not say would have won that game."

"Mac and his chosen OC succeeded where Muschamp failed."

First you said that was my thread. It was someone else's.

Second thanks for confirming I was saying judge Nuss in year three and gave him strike one during the Michigan game and that I had issues with Nord.

You left out I said on May 22nd 2017 (well before we got crushed by suspensions and injuries much worse than a major level NCAA scholarship penalty):

"To be fair this upcoming year is when you evaluate Nuss. Our first non transition class QBS are redshirt freshmen and have only been here for one year. We will see how those youngsters have been developed over the past year during the Fall.

To be fair you wait to see how Nuss does this season with his first full compliment of offensive players."

To put those quotes in context, they were before we lost the 11 suspended players and 10 injured players (we lead the NCAA in injured/ suspended players). Losing best offensive players Scarlett and Callaway after the early quotes certainly changed things.

I still gave Nuss strike one in game one on firing in spite of the injuries. Thanks for confirming I was not locked into Nuss and that I simply said be fair due to his lack of key players the first two years and scrutinize him in year 3.

Most importantly you still cannot produce a link confirming your lie claiming that I said Mac was on the same level as Saban

Last edited:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
As to the first question above, yes he missed open WR, but the myth you are perpetrating is we had open receivers frequently or all over the field. It’s simply my not true. Our receivers were (prob still are) overall pretty brutal at getting separation. 5 or so clips a game among all the plays of open receivers missed on 7 yd routes doesn’t change that fact. Neither does the need to coach any of the qbs (Franks was just 1 year of Nuss’s 3) to get the reads for those open WRs. You also can’t have it both ways by arguing we had no talent on offense but suggesting our WRs were fantastic (or even above average) under Nuss at creating separation.

Regarding the second, I have plenty of nice things to yell to support the Gators each season in my seats at the Swamp. Those dollars (and travel hours) suggest positive support for the Gators. But, those seats also give me a good angle to see our WRs struggling to get open and the overall garbage/lack of coaching under Macs entire tenure - Nuss included.

Questioning fandom is the message board retreat of defeat. I suspect you post that type of question often.
I did not say we had WRS open all over the field. We lost Callaway and Toney and Cleveland got injured so many times our WRs were not getting open. Franks was missing open WRs though and he locked in on one WR.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m going to go ahead and say it, I’m not happy about the Cousin Eddie hiring. It sucks from Day 1. Already a strike on Strickland. He pooped the bed and we settled for what almost everyone didn’t want, Cousin Eddie.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
In addition, he attacks anyone in the thread who disagrees. It's comical as hell. Made me stop posting over there. I just read now and rarely post.
Says the name calling poster who originally attributes statements to me that I did not say and then refuses to admit it. I didn't realize I had so much power over you. I hope I am not scaring you from posting here. I will leave so you can have a place to post things I didn't say.

Last edited:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
After every disaster he'd come back w/ excuse after excuse, and if you slightly disagreed you were called a "dog" or 'nole' fan. Read through the first page and he has a couple of sunshine-pumped threads that you just gotta laugh at. He has Dan Mullen on the same pedestal w Meyer, Swinney, Saban, and Bear Bryant! ..
Still waiting BMF. Where did I say this on Saban? Cat got your tongue? Plus the thread you pulled up has me giving Nuss strike one in game one of year 3. Giving a strike one to fire is not an endorsement.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I Firing offensive coordinators every year will scare off the good coaches
We didnt scare off good coaches, we hired a guy who failed at his last two jobs and who failed here for the exact same reasons.

Do you think complaining about Mullen this early helps the Gators in recruiting? Recruits do look at these boards.
Nothing said on any board is going to affect anything. Mullen offense was the source of negative recruiting by 2008 or so when we were losing all the top.wr and rbs bc ofnthe QB centric offense.

You think the other coaches arent still doing this?

You'd also think all the other SEC offenses suck so bad now too that negative recruiting won't affect us as much today. There's a reason CJ Spiller and so many other blue chip wide receivers and running backs go to Clemson now. Nothing in the SEC 1950s ball control offenses entices them.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

"What the writer forgets when he tout's Meyer's UF arrival is that Meyer's secret coaching weapon was Mullen. Everything Meyer did great before UF hired him was done with Mullen. The offense Meyer had that changed things in the SEC had the plays called by Mullen. After Mullen left Meyer's UF staff the wheels fell off Meyer's offense and Meyer fell apart."

That is all you need to know about the epitome of Swamp Gas. That is living proof.
There might be something to this.

Back then I thought Mullin was limiting Meyer but that may not be right. There were many rumors at the time from people connected to the program that Mullen wanted to open it up Meyer was conservative and nervous. We only really opened the offense up when we felt we had to, when we were underdogs or in 2007 when we thought we didn't have the defense to to win that way.

We will see. There's no doubt however Mullinz inherited the worst roster since probably 1979-80. Ole Butterteeth burned it to the ground with his Lazy Faire recruiting and his love for stealing trash from Sunbelt and division 3 teams.

God knows I wasnt a fan of this hire but here we are. Might as well not cut your wrists yet.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018

And what part is incorrect. The offense did go back after Mullen left.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
We didnt scare off good coaches, we hired a guy who failed at his last two jobs and who failed here for the exact same reasons.

Nothing said on any board is going to affect anything. Mullen offense was the source of negative recruiting by 2008 or so when we were losing all the top.wr and rbs bc ofnthe QB centric offense.

My point is if you fire the coordinator every year the recruits will be turned off by the turnover.

Technically Nuss won a national championship as OC at Bama then got a raise when he went to be OC at Michigan. His one year at Michigan he definitely failed but it is hard to step into a program with a head coach that is about to get fired and replaced with the school's hero.

Mullen closed the RB who broke Hershel Walker's high school rushing records last class and is leading for the #1 RB in the country this class so I hope they keep up the negative RB recruiting on Mullen.

I have talked to people who are high school talent developers who said we definitely have lost top recruits who read boards.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.