Manly (or un-manly?) drinks

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
rum_kra2.jpg
Is this the juice that got those golfers in trouble on the water hole...or do I have my commercials mixed up? :dunno:

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So Brad (who else) got the box going with his 'Summer Shandy' beer upon which much scorn and derision was heaped - such as:
Bernie: "That's not really a beer"
That's wasn't scorn or derision. A shandy is a beer mixed with another beverage making it no longer a beer. Just like a mimosa isn't a champagne and Jack and coke isn't a whiskey.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Is this the juice that got those golfers in trouble on the water hole...or do I have my commercials mixed up? :dunno:
:dunno:

Dont remember ever seeing a commercial for The Kraken.

I have a friend who swears it will make you blackout and must be respected. I think it is brewed by Satan himself.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:dunno:

Dont remember ever seeing a commercial for The Kraken.

I have a friend who swears it will make you blackout and must be respected. I think it is brewed by Satan himself.
The Octopus looks a bit more intimidating than the Bat on a bottle of Bacardi. I'm guessing it's a bit more potent as well. Looked up the commercials I referenced...

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
The Octopus looks a bit more intimidating than the Bat on a bottle of Bacardi. I'm guessing it's a bit more potent as well. Looked up the commercials I referenced...

This has special meaning for me as Mrs. 812 will often ask me to "Release the Kraken".

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
true story...

Vacay '17 - St. Augustine, FL

The wife & I left the kids with Grandma at the condo and snuck out for a date. It was a lil rainy so we headed to the Salt Life Food Shack. She ordered a Pina Colada because, you know, we were at the beach. A waitress had just brought it to the table when I reached over to pick it up and take a drink

(if this makes me un-manly all y'all can
hhh-dx-chop-undertaker-o.gif
). It was very cold and very wet. About 1/2" off of the table it slipped out of my hand and onto the table spilling half of the drink out (maybe my penance for trying to drink an un-manly drink). I quickly picked it up (saving half :yes: ). A waitress saw it and helped this embarrassed soul clean it up. Mrs. Trux was some kind of pissed at me.

They brought us another one and didn't charge for the one I laid waist to, so all in all - we had a Pina Colada and a half for the price of 1. I double hand, Kung-Fu gripped that sucker the next time I went to get a drink. It was Mrs. Trux drink anyway, I was just sip stealing....

Later that night I went on to knock a surf board over (still at Salt Life) and spill someone else's drink (thankfully it was just water) on a Sunset Cruise.
Thing is, I never do anything like that, and yes, all I had to drink that night was the sips of Pina Colada.

We laughed our butts off that night and had a great time. Possibly the best date ever.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
First, that kid is seriously out kicking his coverage.

Two, that looks a lot more like Miami than the caribbean. :cool:
I bet they are his sisters or some sort of relative

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
First, I'll l qualify this by admitting I'm not much of a drinker

Is there really a difference between a $5 and $10 whiskey (no size disparity)? Or any another drink for that matter, or are you paying for a name mostly?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
First, I'll l qualify this by admitting I'm not much of a drinker

Is there really a difference between a $5 and $10 whiskey (no size disparity)? Or any another drink for that matter, or are you paying for a name mostly?

Huge difference. Same with rum. And wine. It takes many many moons to sort it all out. But when you, the differences you are incredible and fun. But I rarely buy a top shelf drink at a restaurant or bar because the price is so jacked up. And definitely no sense in buying a top shelf mixed drink.

Edit: Forgot to add tequila. I have really tried to break through and enjoy the nicer sipping tequilas..... but I just cant get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator