Marcus Maye - Killing it at the Jets camp

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I always thought he was a pretty heady player that should do well at the next level. Looks like I was right. You go Mayeday!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Meanwhile, Tabor is getting lit up at the Lions camp....

I've been seeing the opposite. He has struggled a little bit with man coverage but he has been excellent in off man coverage.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Good for Maye. I admit I was highly critical of him, especially his first 3 years. He came in with a lot of expectations and I found his ball skills, his route recognition skills and his coverage skills to be below average. However I did see improvement his final year, but never viewed him as a great player. Perhaps with the ball being in the middle of the field always in the NFL allows him to have to cover less ground, etc. is helping him or perhaps he is just improving and is finally reaching his potential. I wish him well as we all know the Jets need plenty of help.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I've been seeing the opposite. He has struggled a little bit with man coverage but he has been excellent in off man coverage.
There was an article today where the Lions said they are actively trying to rebuild his confidence in camp

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

That must have been old news....or fake news:

Detroit Lions trying to keep struggling CB Teez Tabor from losing confidence

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...p-struggling-cb-teez-tabor-losing-confidence/

Even the best college football players in the country go through some sort of learning curve when they enter the NFL.

Therefore, it should come as no surprise that former Florida CB Teez Tabor, the Detroit Lions’ second-round pick, has struggled early in training camp.

The ex-Gator gave up several touchdowns over the weekend during simulated game scenarios, causing him to throw up his hands in frustration after a couple of bad plays.

However, according to MLive.com, veteran CB Darius Slay is making it his mission to keep Tabor’s confidence up and help him figure out how to play in the NFL. Slay, a former Mississippi State star, said playing cornerback at the highest level is about making sure you don’t let bad plays get in your head:

“My group’s got swag, so we don’t lose no confidence. We’re very swaggish. We play the next play, and that’s what we do,” Slay said.

“It’s a game. You’re going to give up some plays, but just move on.”

Lions coach Jim Caldwell also isn’t too concerned about Tabor’s recent struggles, saying Tabor is still learning how to play cornerback at the NFL level:

“You’re matched up against guys that are running forward while you’re running backwards. I think that kind of says it all,” Caldwell said. “But to have the balance and the quickness to be able to offset some of the fastest players in our league is difficult.”

It’s still early, and the Lions haven’t even had their first preseason game yet, so there’s still time for Tabor to adjust to the speed of the NFL. He’ll have every opportunity to earn playing time this month, so Slay is right that it’s important for him to keep moving forward and forget about bad plays in the past.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I never thought I'd read he lacked confidence. I like him, but a humble Tabor may be more willing to learn and raise his skill level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb