Marine gets major felony charges in Detroit for protecting himself

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gator Fever, Jan 12, 2018 at 12:41 AM.

1. Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $340
    Ratings:
    +4,314 / -67
    http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/marine-1-of-3-arrested-after-exchanging-gunfire-with-man-trying-to-barge-into-home

WESTLAND, Mich. (WJBK) - A Detroit-area Marine was shot during an alleged home invasion - but he's the one locked up and facing charges.

Someone banged on the door, trying to force themselves into the home on Ackley Street in Westland. The family of Joey Nelson says that's what caused the active Marine to react.

"He opened up the door because he was standing here in the yard," Steve says. "(Joey) told him to get off his property and at that time (Wilson) produced a gun and started shooting at my son."

Joey's family says the young Marine was shot in the hip before calling 911 and telling everyone to get downstairs. Joey fired back at Wilson, who they say took off as police arrived.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Charging prosecutor directly above...
    -----------------------------------------------

Unbelievable the Marine is charged with major felonies and given a 150K bond while the guy who shot him and shot into the house is only charged with carrying a concealed weapon. These nutty left wing prosecutors think its their job to deal out left wing justice pulling crap like this figuring even if a Judge throws out the nutty charges later they still showed the person left wing justice.

2. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $392
    Ratings:
    +4,171 / -71
    Was the home invader a member of a protected class, e.g., Muslim terrorist, MS13 member, illegal with multiple felonies, etc.?

3. Concrete Helmet

Concrete Helmet Hook, Line, and Sinker
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $329
    Ratings:
    +4,617 / -87
    I guess Michigan isn't a hold your ground state? This is just stupid either way. My guess is that if the guy had forced his way in he probably would have assaulted and robbed everyone in the house or worse yet killed someone or everyone....My policy if someone is forcing their way into my home is to run 8 rounds of double 00 through the pumpgun as their doing so.....then open the door and drag what's left of them across the threshold.....forcible entry gives me the right to shoot in the state of Florida I believe.....

4. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $486
    Ratings:
    +3,320 / -12
    Welcome to the future of America if the liberals get their way.

5. ChiefGator

ChiefGator A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!

Oxbucks:
    $399
    Ratings:
    +1,631 / -152
    We had an elderly person who shot a potential intruder through a door, no issue he was totally good. If I remember properly he was of a minority as well.

We used to have a rule, first make sure if you shoot you kill (nobody to dispute your version of events) and as you say do it inside (it does make a mess but less than otherwise.

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/police-homeowner-shot-killed-would-be-intruder/287963993

6. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $392
    Ratings:
    +4,171 / -71
    Liberals would ban law-abiding citizens from even owning firearms to defend themselves. In the liberal utopia, criminals would voluntarily disarm and comply with liberal gun ban laws once all law-abiding citizens and law enforcement are completely disarmed.

7. Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $340
    Ratings:
    +4,314 / -67
    He was a dirtbag looking white guy. I bet this ends up being a case of that idiot lefty prosecutor abusing her authority but she probably won't get in any real trouble.