Marine War Vet kills 12 in CA

Discussion in 'Politics' started by g8tr72, Nov 8, 2018 at 6:14 AM.

1. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $3,080
    Ratings:
    +5,941 / -37
  2. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $3,080
    Ratings:
    +5,941 / -37
    Clearly a hate crime.

A gunman has opened fire at a country music bar during a student night in the city of Thousand Oaks, California, killing 12 people and injuring several before turning the gun on himself.

The shooter stormed the Borderline Bar and Grill wearing a black trenchcoat armed with a pistol equipped with an extended magazine and smoke grenades and began targeting people as young as 18.

3. stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $873
    Ratings:
    +6,747 / -463
    I never do this but let's jump to conclusions on this shooter. Some girl in this bar recently turned down his advances. It is student night at a country bar and said shooter dont like college students mucking up his atmosphere. He is just another miserable pos that knows he can take out a few people before the bullets start coming at him and go out in a blaze of fcking notorious glory. But since a few in here have wished for Calif. to fall into the sea from an earthquake I guess this is no big fckn deal. Califorinia and its califorinians are just another group we highly disapprove of or actually despise.............

• URGatorBait

URGatorBait #TeamBrad
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $2,076
      Ratings:
      +12,160 / -194
      :doh:

• g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
        $3,080
        Ratings:
        +5,941 / -37
        Cool.

All I want to know is...

Who will the liberals be raging against?

• stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $873
        Ratings:
        +6,747 / -463
        Nothing to see here,,,,,,,,,,,move along. The Honduran horde is our biggest threat along with the press. Just arm yourself before you stop at McDonalds or go to church or the movies or the bar or an outdoor concert or school or out your front door........When every fckn loony tune has the right to bear arms our children and families and friends are all potential targets..........

• Like Like x 1
        • Facepalm Facepalm x 1
        • List
        • g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
          $3,080
          Ratings:
          +5,941 / -37
          You know, if we just amputated everyone's arms, I bet it would prevent a lot of these events.

• Ironhead

Ironhead Defender of freedom.

Oxbucks:
            $151
            Ratings:
            +151 / -2
            Tell ya what, you take care of your like you want to, i’ll take care of mine they way I want to.

What the hell is it with you leftists anyway??
            It’s nEver enough to simply disagree with a policy or law, Hell no, you have to FORCE your beliefs on everyone else.
            F that
            Tired of it

Every ****ing time this **** happens the left starts whining about guns.
            I mean it’s obvious right?
            One dumb ass shoots up sone place and we need to take guns away from law abiding citizens because of it.
            That’s typical lib logic.

Kalifornia has some of the strongest gun laws in the country.Didnt stop **** last night did it??

• Like Like x 2
            • Drunk Drunk x 1
            • List
            • g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
              $3,080
              Ratings:
              +5,941 / -37
            • 5-Star Finger

5-Star Finger Apex predator of the political forum biome
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $1,365
              Ratings:
              +2,538 / -19
              Recently I used a handgun to protect my family from a home invader. I posted about that very night in this forum. I used a gun to save my family from something unspeakable - this guy used it to kill a bunch of people.

I used a Ryder truck once to move my furniture from Georgia back to Florida. I use fertilizer to grow tomatoes and oil to heat a cabin my wife and I rent sometimes up north. Timothy McVeigh used them to blow up a Federal Building. A guy in France used the truck alone to mow down a lot of people looking at fireworks.

A gun is a pound or so of metal and polymer. It has no will of its own. It has a legitimate functions - one of which I was recently thankful for. Instead of tiredly and foolishly continuing to think that this is a problem with guns and therefore tirelessly trying to take them out of the millions of hands like mine that use them correctly - maybe you should give some thought to way we're getting the crazies in the first place. You will never be able to stop every crazy person who wants to hurt people from doing it. Would this be better if he had driven a pick up truck through the front of the club instead? I'd really like you to answer that, Coach.

• g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
                $3,080
                Ratings:
                +5,941 / -37

Yeah. Good luck with that.

• alcoholica

alcoholica Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
                  $1,359
                  Ratings:
                  +8,319 / -274
                  You’ve got to understand the situation with coach. He’s a fccking moron 90% of the time and 10% of the time he talks about food.

• Like Like x 1
                  • Dislike Dislike x 1
                  • Drunk Drunk x 1
                  • List
                  • 5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                    $1,365
                    Ratings:
                    +2,538 / -19
                    Hope springs eternal. I'm serious.

Let's say in some imaginary world where completely illegal things disappear forever and are never used (like drugs now or alcohol during prohibition....??...!!!) does any serious person think that it will stop or even slow down a nutcase from killing a lot of people? Look at what a couple of young guys were able to do with some gun powder and pressure cookers. If you have access to the internet you can figure out pretty quick that we were lucky that is what they used and not some household chemicals that would have probably tripled the kill count.

You are always going to have hateful people. You are always going to have crazy people. We could be a lot better about spotting them and intervening - but we will never be perfect and they only have to make us miss once. If ever gun disappeared off the face of the earth you would not put a dent in mass killing - you'd just change the means. What the hell good is that when those of us who are normal and sane need a tool to protect us from the crazies and the predators? What happened is disgusting and tragic, but no law is going to prevent it; it will only change the text of the headline.

• Windy City Gator

Windy City Gator Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
                      $864
                      Ratings:
                      +944 / -199
                      I agree...no law will change crazy. In the workplace, I talk about culture. What I see in our country is a cultural problem where people with anger issues feel that violence is the solution. Violence is not only physical acts but also words.

IMO, it is not guns, nor the laws. It is our culture of anger management. Once again, I do not have a solution...other than more awareness and encouragement to those who show signs of anxiety, depression, bipolor disorder, etc. Encourage them to see a professional. Maybe if they got help with their issues before it gets out of control, then maybe it would prevent these types of things. It takes a village. to change the culture of violence.

• g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
                        $3,080
                        Ratings:
                        +5,941 / -37
                        Since murders have existed since the first family, we need to be trying to discover the cause of MASS murders. What feelings are causing someone to murder people they don't know? The disregard and devaluing of human life is a serious issue.

Inanimate objects are distractions from the identification of the root cause.

• Spurdog98

Spurdog98 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
                          $384
                          Ratings:
                          +380 / -18
                          Looks like the guy had a few run ins with the law already and of course, nothing could be done. The mag he had was illegal and the act itself was illegal so not sure how much new laws are gonna deter those not interested in abiding to the natural laws of common decency and kindness towards his fellow man.

• g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
                            $3,080
                            Ratings:
                            +5,941 / -37
                            What an IDIOT.

What background check is as thorough as the mental health experts clearing him in April?

If we are going to have serious dialogue on this subject, this type of ridiculousness must end.

• 5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                              $1,365
                              Ratings:
                              +2,538 / -19
                              We revel in violence. It soaks music, television, movies and video games. This, in and of itself, is not a cause of violence - but I think it is the normalization that allows it to be much easier to flip the switch. We are more connected and far less grounded. We have successive generations in which huge percentages of young men have been raised without the guidance of a father. Personally, I happen to think the coming of age of our generation nourished on the bitter fruit of post-modern thinking and the nihilism that is it's natural by-product has a huge role in what we see. I'm not alone either - I think Nietzsche understood the consequences of his own ideas better than most of the people today take f of them and run with them.

Below, from The Gay Science published in 1882 emphasis mine:

Have you not heard of that madman who lit a lantern in the bright morning hours, ran to the market place, and cried incessantly: "I seek God! I seek God!" -- As many of those who did not believe in God were standing around just then, he provoked much laughter. Has he got lost? asked one. Did he lose his way like a child? asked another. Or is he hiding? Is he afraid of us? Has he gone on a voyage? emigrated? -- Thus they yelled and laughed.

The madman jumped into their midst and pierced them with his eyes. "Whither is God?" he cried; "I will tell you. We have killed him -- you and I. All of us are his murderers. But how did we do this? How could we drink up the sea? Who gave us the sponge to wipe away the entire horizon? What were we doing when we unchained this earth from its sun? Whither is it moving now? Whither are we moving? Away from all suns? Are we not plunging continually? Backward, sideward, forward, in all directions? Is there still any up or down? Are we not straying, as through an infinite nothing? Do we not feel the breath of empty space? Has it not become colder? Is not night continually closing in on us? Do we not need to light lanterns in the morning? Do we hear nothing as yet of the noise of the gravediggers who are burying God? Do we smell nothing as yet of the divine decomposition? Gods, too, decompose. God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him.

"How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it? There has never been a greater deed; and whoever is born after us -- for the sake of this deed he will belong to a higher history than all history hitherto."

Here the madman fell silent and looked again at his listeners; and they, too, were silent and stared at him in astonishment. At last he threw his lantern on the ground, and it broke into pieces and went out. "I have come too early," he said then; "my time is not yet. This tremendous event is still on its way, still wandering; it has not yet reached the ears of men. Lightning and thunder require time; the light of the stars requires time; deeds, though done, still require time to be seen and heard. This deed is still more distant from them than most distant stars -- and yet they have done it themselves.

It has been related further that on the same day the madman forced his way into several churches and there struck up his requiem aeternam deo. Led out and called to account, he is said always to have replied nothing but: "What after all are these churches now if they are not the tombs and sepulchers of God?"

Cultures need things to bind them together. People need spaces within themselves devoted to something that they hold sacred and by which they chart their moral course in life. So many people are floating through that infinite dark of the great "perhaps" with no truth commitment excepting the truth that there is no absolute truth. We should be amazed this isn't happening more often.

• g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
                                $3,080
                                Ratings:
                                +5,941 / -37
                                And every person did what was right in their own eyes.