Mark Stoops

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
What do you guys think about Mark Stoops? Is he on the hot seat this season? Any chance he has a squad that could actually take us down?

Discuss.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
At some point the streak will end.. all streaks eventually do. I don't know if it is Mark Stoops or somebody else. I would have thought it would have happened during the Muschamp era, but it didn't...

I don't think Mark Stoops is anything special and if he is, he will go take another gig.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Come on, Ox. Its the off season. What else are they going to do other than fvkk off some.

You are so testy sometimes.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
What do you guys think about Mark Stoops? Is he on the hot seat this season? Any chance he has a squad that could actually take us down?

Discuss.

1. What do I care if a UK coach is on the hot seat. I am always happy if they keep the loser they have, but I am equally happy with the next loser they get.

2. UF with this staff could lose to UK sometime. It is less likely at home, but it could happen. But that is the way it is with all games. No game is assured, you have to go out and win them each time.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
1. What do I care if a UK coach is on the hot seat. I am always happy if they keep the loser they have, but I am equally happy with the next loser they get.

2. UF with this staff could lose to UK sometime. It is less likely at home, but it could happen. But that is the way it is with all games. No game is assured, you have to go out and win them each time.

Long story short, this thread was a joke and the title was originally "Stoops" until a mod changed it. Thanks for the input though.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Long story short, this thread was a joke and the title was originally "Stoops" until a mod changed it. Thanks for the input though.

No problem, I may have come across as irritated but I am not. I don't think it is a bad question, but I don't care so much about the hot seat part.

I do agree with the poster who said the streak of course will end some day. I guess in years when UF is maybe good enough to be a bit over confident but not good enough to win despite over confidence like this year is one where the streak could end. Maybe UF goes up more worried about losing when the game is in Lexington and is more in danger for a home game. I know this much this staff can not afford to start losing to UK

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
One of the things that started under Muschamp and continues with this staff is playing down to the opponent.

KY could pull it off.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Mark is a football coach at a basketball school. His job is to field a respectable team, collect an adequate recruiting
class, get to some sort of a bowl game, and give the fan base something to occupy their minds while they wait for
Basketball Season to roll around again. Don't look for any major change to the status quo any time soon.

00404_1onH85dQdPU_600x450.jpg

"YES, WE ARE LOOKING TO SEE IF JARED LORENZEN HAS ANY ELIGIBILITY LEFT."

00707_5bDa9kEZyRc_600x450.jpg

320 POUND JARED LORENZEN: "MOBILE, AGILE, HOSTILE, & HUNGRY."

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Discuss.

I doubt he could get fired barring a total collapse. Yes our streak could possibly end if the QB play is still really bad and the defense drops off some.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Stoops is another of the reasons the SEC ranks so poorly in head coaches. He is another one, like Muschamp, D. Dooley, B. Jones, and J. McElwain who never should have been hired for an SEC program. Well maybe this is the best Kentucky can expect. I think he is riding his brother's name and is nothing special as a head coach.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Stoops is another of the reasons the SEC ranks so poorly in head coaches. He is another one, like Muschamp, D. Dooley, B. Jones, and J. McElwain who never should have been hired for an SEC program. Well maybe this is the best Kentucky can expect. I think he is riding his brother's name and is nothing special as a head coach.

I think he is a perfect fit for cats....

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

He is a middling coach at a middling program. The problem in the SEC is their middling coaches at Top Tier programs (us included).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I doubt he could get fired barring a total collapse. Yes our streak could possibly end if the QB play is still really bad and the defense drops off some.

Yes, other than last year's blowout, the last 3-4 games vs. UK have been nail-biters. The way UK ended the year was impressive and if they return w/ that kind of offensive firepower they could be a challenge to our D that's replacing 14 starters!

On a side note, the first Gator game I ever attended in person was the loss to UK in 1979. We went up 3-0 and lost 33-3.....and finished winless. I remember running around on the field (the artificial turf) after the game. I was 9 years old....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.