Mark Stoops

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Stoops is another of the reasons the SEC ranks so poorly in head coaches. He is another one, like Muschamp, D. Dooley, B. Jones, and J. McElwain who never should have been hired for an SEC program. Well maybe this is the best Kentucky can expect. I think he is riding his brother's name and is nothing special as a head coach.

Unfortunately, the Saban factor has discouraged good coaches from working in our league.
I can't blame them since Bama has a great coach, a well-funded program, gobs of history, friendly law enforcement, and a booster group that spends money recklessly with complete immunity.
How do you compete with that?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Kentucky did just beat the louisville team thay hung 60 on fsu but sure, they're a gimmie.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Stoops is another of the reasons the SEC ranks so poorly in head coaches. He is another one, like Muschamp, D. Dooley, B. Jones, and J. McElwain who never should have been hired for an SEC program. Well maybe this is the best Kentucky can expect. I think he is riding his brother's name and is nothing special as a heaThe d coach.

The SEC East now is:

UF: Some HC experience ex-OC
UGa: Ex-DC
UK: Ex-DC
UMo: Ex-DC
SoCar: failed HC, ex-DC
UTn: Some HC experience ex-OC
Vandy: ex-DC

Since empirically OC's do better than DCs and UF and UTn are among the more powerful programs in the East it is little surprise they have been at the top recently. Well really UF has been at the top and UTn has usually been the closest competitor.

I guess the SEC schools are basically locked in. So maybe one of these coaches will grow into being a head coach like Saban did at MSU and LSU? Other than that it is mediocre for as far as the eye can see.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The way UK ended the year was impressive ...

So what part of:

1. Losing to a mediocre UGa team at home.

2. Losing at a reeling UTn team by two TDs.

3. Beating Austin Peay

4. Winning at UL in a game UL was about to salt away before they fumble on the 9?

5. Losing by two TDs to GaTech in a low level bowl?

impressed you? I guess the fluke win at UL could be it?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So what part of:

1. Losing to a mediocre UGa team at home.

2. Losing at a reeling UTn team by two TDs.

3. Beating Austin Peay

4. Winning at UL in a game UL was about to salt away before they fumble on the 9?

5. Losing by two TDs to GaTech in a low level bowl?

impressed you? I guess the fluke win at UL could be it?

Sure, let's dismiss the turn around they had to become bowl eligible...especially after the way they started the year. But I get it, God forbid we admit anyone other than one of our guys accomplished anything...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Fcvk slide shows. How about doing some cutting and pasting.

I'll defer to you on that. Yesterday somebody b*tched that the cut and paste I posted (about IMG Academy) was too long.....now you. Damned if you do, damned if you don't....

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'll defer to you on that. Yesterday somebody b*tched that the cut and paste I posted (about IMG Academy) was too long.....now you. Damned if you do, damned if you don't....
We appreciate you BMF. You start half the threads in the off-season and us lazy bastards rely on you for the info.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Good rule of thumb is to keep it to the length of one post. But better to at least drop the first couple of paragraphs over nothing. Or not, free country, do what you want.

Incidentally I tried to cut and paste that article and it wouldn't let me do it.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Good rule of thumb is to keep it to the length of one post. But better to at least drop the first couple of paragraphs over nothing. Or not, free country, do what you want.

Incidentally I tried to cut and paste that article and it wouldn't let me do it.

TM, same for me. That's why it wasn't cut and pasted (like I usually do). I wasn't sure if it was my work computer blocking it or what.

As a thread starter, I like to post articles the way I like to read them; w/ the link AND the cut and pasted story. That way the reader doesn't have to click the link. I hate going to a link and getting pop ups and other non-sense. Plus I really don't like it on my cellphone (when I'm reading the site from my phone vs. desktop or laptop). No worries, I was just pointing out that I got two complaints in the last few days for the complete opposite issue! :D

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Just keep posting, like MJM said those of us who are too lazy appreciate the effort....if someone can't figure out how to get the info from the source.....f vck em

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
So the gist of it was;
1) Kentucky's Qb isn't very good. Maybe he gets better.
2) Kentucky has some good players but no depth. Prolly not a factor in early season game.
3) Kentucky has a veteran oline. Will be a litmus test for Florida's line. As long as we take care of business we'll be fine.
4) Florida should have the QB position figured out by then.
5) Kentucky is returning 8 starters on defense but they aren't very good.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So the gist of it was;
1) Kentucky's Qb isn't very good. Maybe he gets better.
2) Kentucky has some good players but no depth. Prolly not a factor in early season game.
3) Kentucky has a veteran oline. Will be a litmus test for Florida's line. As long as we take care of business we'll be fine.
4) Florida should have the QB position figured out by then.
5) Kentucky is returning 8 starters on defense but they aren't very good.
Youre assessment of Kintucky is also the perfect assessment for Florida.

1) Florida's Qbs aren't very good. Maybe he gets better.
2) Florida has some good players but no depth. Prolly not a factor in early season game.
3) Florida has a veteran oline, who knows if they are even average yet.
5) Florida is returning no starters on defense and they aren't very good

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator