Martez Ivey and the Left Side of the Line

Sep 29, 2015
First post, long time lurker since pre-G Chat. Thanks for keeping me entertained over the years. Anyway, to the post:

Martez Ivey is going to be an all-world LT one day. I was in the south end zone 9 rows up next to the visitor's tunnel Saturday night (Ole Miss fans were very classy and very quiet). Coach Summers was putting the o-line through pre-game drills right in front of us so we got a good look at him. He's enormous yet quick, and seemed to have a mean streak. But what stood out the most were the tree branches he calls arms. They are just massive and seemingly extend much longer than is humanly possible. The scary part is that he's still freshman soft and will get much stronger between now and next year. Grier need not worry about his blind side for the next few years.

And here's an example showing that Coach Mac knows exactly what he's doing. In the off-season he said they were cross-training all of the lineman in order to get the best 5 out there. He meant it. Ivey will be great, but David Sharpe is also a stud that deserves to start at LT right now, especially given his experience and physical growth as a true sophomore. So what does Mac do with Ivey? How about LG next to Sharpe at LT. Those two monsters were out there together for numerous possessions Saturday night, including the decisive drive at the end of the first half. What a devastating left side of the line! The future of the offense is in good hands.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Heavy post Lighthouse, welcome & thanks = earned an immediate like. Lurk no more, please. :yes:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Shorts are good, but you're a good observer and solid writer, so semi-long ones appreciated. = Good for the board.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Ivey is to talented to play guard. I'd rather they move him or Sharpe to RT. And you know he knows he's talented enough to play tackle at this level and the next. If I were him, no way in hell I move to guard.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LighthouseGator;n291491 said:
I will keep'em short and sweet moving forward, kinda like Matthew M.'s date nights.

2 posts and 5 likes. If you were a QB your QBR rating would be through the roof. Currently your PPL (post per like) is outstanding...Kinda like Treon's first two passes last season...You may as well stop while you're ahead. You won't get more solid numbers than that.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
welcome lighthouse me & pitino will be over after 5:00 est.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nice post... the future is bright. On TV I saw Sandifer on the sidelines...that kid is huge also. This team is already showing some balance and with a better OL the team will be very balanced and that will just make the offense better.

Sep 29, 2015
maheo30;n291531 said:
Ivey is to talented to play guard. I'd rather they move him or Sharpe to RT.

Completely agree. Those are your two tackles next year, if not sooner. I still love Mac's creativity in locking down the left side like he did.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;291531 said:
Ivey is to talented to play guard. I'd rather they move him or Sharpe to RT. And you know he knows he's talented enough to play tackle at this level and the next. If I were him, no way in hell I move to guard.

I think it's actually a good move. He was a run punishing lineman in high school. His team didn't really pass the ball. They were more of a running team. He's 20 years old so he already has the size and the frame to play at the collegiate level. Just not the experience in pass blocking needed to be effective. That's something that he will probably learn in the off-season.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LighthouseGator;291491 said:
I will keep'em short and sweet moving forward, kinda like Matthew M.'s date nights.

Wrong. You mean long and terrifying.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
LighthouseGator;n291562 said:
LOL!!!....And that's why I chose this over the other site.

There's another site ??

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LighthouseGator;n291554 said:
I should have set the bar lower. I'm already screwing the pooch trying to quote other posts properly.

Here, I'll give this one a like to get those numbers back up again. :proud:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
6 posts, 9 likes = Lighthouse must be being coached by Mac ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.