Mass Exodus from SanFran

Discussion in 'Politics' started by g8tr72, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Detroitgator

Detroitgator General Factotum
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,433
    Ratings:
    +8,986 / -21
    So what’s any different than any other minority group?

2. Bammer

Bammer Serving up sh*t sandwiches
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $517
    Ratings:
    +3,312 / -35
  3. Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,074
    Ratings:
    +5,064 / -83
    The left is definitely a lot more proactive when it comes to wanting to force people to follow their line of thinking.

I remember the lefty professors would just want to cut people off and say they are wrong period if they disagreed with them while the few conservative leaning ones seemed to like having the argument with someone from the left.

• gingerlover

gingerlover Junior Member
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $446
      Ratings:
      +1,436 / -5
      My lefty professors had you textbook be something written by them.

• itsgr82bag8r

itsgr82bag8r Political Forum Fire Starter
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $1,700
      Ratings:
      +8,129 / -44
    • Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Rum Doctor
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $12,702
      Ratings:
      +36,760 / -1,086
      http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/2...es-feces-littering-streets-san-francisco.html

The survey results led a University of California, Berkeley infectious disease expert to compare downtown San Francisco to slums in developing countries.

"The contamination is … much greater than communities in Brazil or Kenya or India," Dr. Lee Riley told the station. Riley added that discarded needles could cause HIV and Hepatitis B and C, while dried feces can cause potentially dangerous viruses.

Who knew importing as much of the Third World as possible could end like this?

#46 Swamp Donkey, Feb 20, 2018
      Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
      • Okeechobee Joe

Okeechobee Joe Lost Ball in High Grass
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $1,919
        Ratings:
        +6,369 / -17
        In San Diego 20 people died from a recent Hepatitis A outbreak and a lot of others became ill. It was because of feces on the streets from the homeless people. The Hepatitis A virus is spread through the fecal-oral route. So somebody's shyt had to end up in somebody else's mouth. Because the virus is shed in human stool, it can end up in food or drink that another person eats or drinks.

• crosscreekcooter

crosscreekcooter Cunning Linguist
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $843
        Ratings:
        +5,947 / -7
        That is just plain nasty Joe

• pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $776
          Ratings:
          +4,659 / -72
          So saying that California liberals eat s**t turns out to be literally true.

• Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
            $2,192
            Ratings:
            +9,309 / -35
            So if I finally get sick of San Diego because it has become too liberal, and I move to Denver or Dallas, I will be somehow infecting those places with my liberalism?

JFC!

People are leaving because everything costs too damn much. This is due to two things: First, liberal policies which create high taxes and fees for ridiculous public spending initiatives, but mostly its because the Pacific Ocean is a damn nice thing to live next to and the law of supply and demand drives up the prices of real estate. It is beautiful weather out here, very little rain, no bugs, warm in the winter and cool in the summer with low humidity. We have beautiful land with snow covered mountains and pristine beaches and forests of giant trees and beautiful deserts. In short, because its a nice geographic place, lots of people are going to want to live there and when the supply of housing can't keep up with the demand the prices skyrocket. I don't care much for LA or SF but San Diego is a damn fine city as far as big cities go. Unlike Florida which is basically a state full of Caribbean refugees, South American drug smugglers and FEMA trailers. Or maybe I was just being a little too general with that description.

• Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Rum Doctor
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $12,702
              Ratings:
              +36,760 / -1,086
              You can always live under a bridge somewhere. Dont move away.

• divits

divits A Muffin of the Studly Variety
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $2,626
              Ratings:
              +10,628 / -30
              I get it. I love California. It's one of those places that has sights that can literally mesmerize you. The weather is unbeatable. But for me it's not enough to overcome putting my long term financial security at risk. My wife and I both have had good careers that paid well. But if I had to pay at least an extra 25% more of my income to just cover taxes, inflated real estate and cost of living expenses my quality of life would be much more limited in retirement and I wouldn't have been able to afford buying or doing many of the things I've been able to in my life. And when compared to most other parts of the country, Florida ain't a bad place to live.

• Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $2,192
              Ratings:
              +9,309 / -35
              Well the thing is that people look at California and say to themselves if they want the same quality of life they have in Florida or some other cheaper place to live then it'll cost them x amount of dollars and they aren't willing to pay it. But for me, living in California means that I have a 2500sf house instead of a 3500sf house but I don't feel like its a quality of life hit because the things I get to do out here are things I simply can't do elsewhere. As for the cost of real estate its tough to break into the market but when the value of my house goes up 10% I get a bigger equity boost than a guy who's house in Texas goes up 10% because my house is worth more. When I retire, unless things go incredibly south, I will have my house paid off and it will be worth a metric crapton of money. I bought my current place in 2012 and the value increase alone in the last 5 years would be enough to sell it and pay cash for a 3000sf house in most parts of Florida. Meanwhile, my mom's country club house in Jacksonville isn't worth what she bought it for in 2005. All that being said, yes it is more expensive to live here but mainly I consider it a sunshine tax. I'm paying for the good weather and the scenery, which I don't mind at all.

• NVGator

NVGator Member
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $1,502
                Ratings:
                +5,381 / -116
                Great time to buy, Zambo. Funny thing is, these others have no idea about the increase in equity. What others also don't realize is your paycheck is vastly greater in California than it is in 99% of other states.

• Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Rum Doctor
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $12,702
                Ratings:
                +36,760 / -1,086
                Yeah, friends just escaped from Cali. They made a nice salary in Cali, but said they'd probably need 10 times that salary to survive there.

They are looking to buy 5-20 acres in the midwest. Said it will cost less than their tiny house in Cali that had a 15 foot yard. They are quite happy to have escaped. Most are.

• Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Rum Doctor
                  Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                  $12,702
                  Ratings:
                  +36,760 / -1,086
                  You are rocketing toward third world shythole status as quickly as possible.

All bets are off.

San Fran used to be considered one of the nicest cities.

• divits

divits A Muffin of the Studly Variety
                  Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                  $2,626
                  Ratings:
                  +10,628 / -30
                  It may be getting a lot worse...:lol:

As a “sanctuary state,” California has openly refused to comply with federal immigration policy and report illegal immigrants residing in their state, thus putting themselves at odds with the Trump administration and their crackdown on immigration.

“I mean frankly, if I wanted to pull our people from California, you would have a crime mess like you've never seen in California,” the president said during a White House meeting on school safety, touting the idea of pulling Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Border Patrol officials out of the state.

However, he said California would be “begging for us to come back” in two months if they ever followed through with leaving the state without federal immigration agents because “you would see crime like no one's ever seen crime in this country.”

Trump concluded: “And you know what, I'm thinking about doing it.”

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/t...ifornia-over-sanctuary-policy/article/2649762

• AugustaGator

AugustaGator Junior Member
                  Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                  $1,321
                  Ratings:
                  +4,135 / -60
                  I would love for that to happen. There needs to be consequences to decisions/actions/behaviors.

• Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Rum Doctor
                  Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                  $12,702
                  Ratings:
                  +36,760 / -1,086
                  I remember being mesmerized my first trip there. It was a beautiful LA sunrise in it I saw my first real live Californian.... a homeless dude wearing a World War I British pith helmet and leopard print tights pushing a shopping cart.

Yup mesmerizing.

#59 Swamp Donkey, Feb 23, 2018
                  Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
                  • URGatorBait

URGatorBait #TeamBrad
                    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                    $1,448
                    Ratings:
                    +11,524 / -171
                    you make valuable points in your post here, but I can't help but think that comparing equity on a house purchased in 2012 vs one in 2005, regardless of location, is not an even playing field :lol: