Matt Jones (Over/Under/Push)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Some Over/Under/Push's on Matt Jones early entry into the NFL Draft:

1) O/U/P: Drafted in Round 7

2) O/U/P: Makes Practice Roster on ANY NFL team (Over = he makes active roster; Under = he does NOT even make a practice roster, Push = he makes a practice roster)

3) O/U/P: Career NFL rushing yards (regular season): 88

4) O/U/P: Career NFL Touchdowns: 1.5

5) O/U/P: If he were to return to UF (for whatever reason/if he was allowed per NCAA rules) he would get an injury protection/Lloyd's Insurance Policy (based off of his potential NFL earnings) valued at $9,000.00.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he gets drafted and i don't think he makes a roster. He could definitely benefit staying anothet year

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
First rounder, all-pro and HOFer

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Under everything. I didn't even have to read the OP.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bart, you need to post more. What the hell is wrong with you?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Montreal is a beautiful city. Matt will soon find out, probably.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
I hope he does well and will root for him, but see a lot of unders here.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He is one of the few Juniors it makes sense to come out since he will lose carries next season and he has been a little injury prone. If he doesn't make a roster this season he wouldn't have if he stayed another season imo.

Bigpank

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Push on round 7 and over on the others. He runs too high but he will get some carries somewhere

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I've never been able to figure out how well a college player will perform in the NFL, so I won't bother.

However, I expect him to be a late round pick and I HOPE he absolutely tears it up in the NFL. It would be more proof that champ doesn't know how to utilize offensive talent.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If he can perform well at the combine, someone will fall in love with this kid. He has great potential as a 3rd down back. He can catch the ball, blocks well (for the most part, but will get better with NFL coaching, and he's a real threat in the short yardage game. He doesn't have any real "moves" but he can bang, and if he hits the right gap, he appears to have the speed to pick up chunks of yards. I think he could go as high as the 4th round if he kills the combine, but my guess is 6th rd. I also think his status on the team will be contingent on his ability to pick up the offensive playbook. Minimum practice squad, but I can see him making a team and contributing by year's end.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1) I have him as a 6th or 7th round pick
2) This depends on the team, but with him being good but not great at a number of things I could see him as a Special teams player
3) 88 yards for a carreer - over
4) 1.5 touchdowns? Over
5) with his injury history it would be over 9,000 but it shouldn't be multi-million either

Singularity

Dec 18, 2014
I'm thinking a lot will depend on the combine and/or pro day, specifically the exams on his knees and what kind of time he can run.

He is a bigger back with good hands. I'm thinking round 6, but not only makes the team, but signs that elusive 2nd contract.

However, I'm not sure how much more of a back up or situational role he'll attain.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You never know, maybe he'll have an Arian Foster-esque type transformation when he hits the pro ranks. :dunno:

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n134632 said:
You never know, maybe he'll have an Arian Foster-esque type transformation when he hits the pro ranks. :dunno:

With the way the NFL chews up and spits out RBs nowadays, I could see him getting a couple of years. His size and hands will make him an attractive prospect.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I Have No Friends :(;n134638 said:
With the way the NFL chews up and spits out RBs nowadays, I could see him getting a couple of years. His size and hands will make him an attractive prospect.

Ciatrick Fason only lasted 2 years and he was 5X the RB Matt Jones is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator