Matt Jones

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is Matt Jones the best offensive player we have right now? He is running strong and is a great pass catching RB. I hope he continue producing like he is.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n70507 said:
Is Matt Jones the best offensive player we have right now? He is running strong and is a great pass catching RB. I hope he continue producing like he is.

Definitely the bright spot of this team!

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He is solid, has been exceeding my expectations this year.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
He is on track to have 1K season and that is with not having the first game of the season and not being the "Go-2" guy until late in the Kentucky game.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yes.. He is running hard and great... no doubt here!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Can't complain about anything he's done. Taylor gives him a spell and they complement each other. I am wondering if Taylor is 100% after the KY spear in the back?

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
TN G8tr;n70534 said:
Can't complain about anything he's done. Taylor gives him a spell and they complement each other. I am wondering if Taylor is 100% after the KY spear in the back?

That's a good question! He hasn't been the same since and what about the Freshman Powell? Is he back to 100% yet?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He is definitely the workhorse with how he is being used but I just don't see how a 235 pound back goes down so easy when watching the other 225+ backs in the SEC.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n70507 said:

With Harris at QB, absolutely. He is mediocre at best when Driskel is in.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n70539 said:
He is definitely the workhorse with how he is being used but I just don't see how a 235 pound back goes down so easy when watching the other 225+ backs in the SEC.

:facepalm:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gator Fever;n70539 said:

:yes:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n70541 said:

Its true - go watch the offensive plays only tape on the Bama and Tenn games - you could title it -" How a 235 pound back routinely gets tackled by much smaller safeties with no assistance form their teammates ." Other big backs in the SEC 225 plus make DBs fear tackling them and even LBs in open space with some momentum - Jones they do not fear tackling that is for sure despite his 235 lb.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n70543 said:
Its true - go watch the offensive plays only tape on the Bama and Tenn games - you could title it -" How a 235 pound back routinely gets tackled by much smaller safeties with no assistance form their teammates ." Other big backs in the SEC 225 plus make DBs fear tackling them and even LBs in open space with some momentum - Jones they do not fear tackling that is for sure despite his 235 lb.

I think most of us have determined that you basically don't watch the games and/or Matt Jones stole your girlfriend.

I really think you're taking Taylor's lack of production and projecting it onto Jones. Jones breaks tackles and runs with force on every down, and almost always falls forward. If you aren't going to be objective about him, there is literally no conversation to have here.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n70549 said:
I think most of us have determined that you basically don't watch the games and/or Matt Jones stole your girlfriend.

I really think you're taking Taylor's lack of production and projecting it onto Jones. Jones breaks tackles and runs with force on every down, and almost always falls forward. If you aren't going to be objective about him, there is literally no conversation to have here.

No I do watch the games and the replays. Do I need to get the offensive plays and count the number of times Jones goes down that easy and then show you Bama's and Georgia's big back etc at the same weight crushing safeties etc when one on one ?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Taylor also seems to be missing some blocks this year. Pass protection may be the real reason he's not out there.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n70555 said:
No I do watch the games and the replays. Do I need to get the offensive plays and count the number of times Jones goes down that easy and then show you Bama's and Georgia's big back etc at the same weight crushing safeties etc when one on one ?

No, I don't need you to get anything. You're a nutswinger for Taylor, we all get it.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n70559 said:
No, I don't need you to get anything. You're a nutswinger for Taylor, we all get it.
Why do you guys even try...he's never going to give Jones credit for anything.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n70539 said:

:suicide:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.