Matt Jones

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n70552 said:
He has been a bright spot. and Taylor does seem way less effective this year.

Taylor isn't going to do anything if they just bring him in for a couple of plays and run him most times. The other team has just crashed on him for the most part the few touches he got the last 2 weeks for the most part. He needs to get in there more imo.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Jones is playing well. Time to start a "Where is Adam Lane" thread.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
g8trs99;n70565 said:
Jones is playing well. Time to start a "Where is Adam Lane" thread.

I'm actually curious about that. Let's face it, Taylor isn't producing, so why aren't we seeing Lane here and there. Makes me wonder if he's got some issues he still needs to fix.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
URGatorBait;n70584 said:
I'm actually curious about that. Let's face it, Taylor isn't producing, so why aren't we seeing Lane here and there. Makes me wonder if he's got some issues he still needs to fix.

Kelvin is averaging 4.8 a carry, but he only has 30 carries on the season. 4.8 per carry is pretty good. I would not put him in the not producing catagory. Jones is just doing a tad better. We have two good backs. Not a bad issue to have.
Matt Jones has 72 carries.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
IDK, I honestly think our offense has been so inept we have little to no rhythm. As a result, we have been able to rotate other backs in the way we had hoped to see. You gotta be able to string together first downs and move the ball consistently. We have been unable to do that.

Remember the good old days when we could watch, with confidence, the offense take the ball from there own 20 and drive it down the field? Watching consistent offensive production? It was a thing of beauty. I hate the feeling I get now when our offense takes the field. And I hate that I hate the feeling. Getting a 1st down is not a given anymore and I find myself celebrating 1st down like I used to celebrate TD's.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
g8trs99;n70609 said:
Kelvin is averaging 4.8 a carry, but he only has 30 carries on the season. 4.8 per carry is pretty good. I would not put him in the not producing catagory. Jones is just doing a tad better. We have two good backs. Not a bad issue to have.
Matt Jones has 72 carries.

I would, not because of his overall stats, but because of his production after the first game.
Against UT he had 1 yard on 3 attempts. A 0.3 yards/rush average
Against Bama he had 11 yards on 4 attempts. A 2.75 yards/rush average
He did average 4.86 against UK. (one could argue he isn't the same since the hit the UK player took on him)

He's not getting attempts because he's not producing. That could be for a whole host of reasons, but the fact of the matter is, he isn't producing when he gets the ball, so I have no problem with them not giving him the ball if he isn't producing with the touches he does get. We'll see if that philosophy transfers over to the QB position though.

Like I said, regardless of the reasoning behind Taylor not producing, you can't escape the fact that he's not producing, which is why I'm curious that we haven't seen Lane at all yet, even for a couple of plays. Makes me wonder if Lane has some issues of his own that he hasn't worked out yet.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
I've seen a lot of people complain that he doesn't have any moves and is slow. While that may be true he has absolutely trucked his way to earning yards this year. He's been very reliable and has delivered some monster hits to tacklers. I would like to see a bit more change of pace with Taylor in there, but Jones has been extremely solid this year.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp said it best, defenders get sick of tackling him by the 4th quarter.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n70538 said:
That's a good question! He hasn't been the same since and what about the Freshman Powell? Is he back to 100% yet?
Last I heard he wasn't comming out of his room

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Adam Lane is still working on his hands. You have to be able to catch the ball out of the backfield in Roper's system. Also, with as short as he is, I doubt Roper trusts Driskel being able to hit him with a pass if his life depended on it.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n70539 said:
He is definitely the workhorse with how he is being used but I just don't see how a 235 pound back goes down so easy when watching the other 225+ backs in the SEC.

He broke two tackles with the safety bouncing 3 yards off of him on the 32-yard run that let to Hardin's long FG. That 32-yard run came on his 21st carry and basically won the game. He broke something like 12 tackles in the Kentucky game. If you don't know how to watch and evaluate football players and games, just allow others to do it for you, that way you can learn. Here is lesson #1: Matt Jones breaks tackles, has good speed for his size, is strong as hell, is easily our best offensive weapon at this point, and is the best power back we've had at UF since Ciatrick Fason.

Do more watching and learning and less posting. Thanks.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Jones has been phenomenal in pass protection, that's something that's been overlooked as well. He's back there taking on linemen and linebackers. He's having a phenomenal season running the ball as well.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n71098 said:
He broke two tackles with the safety bouncing 3 yards off of him on the 32-yard run that let to Hardin's long FG. That 32-yard run came on his 21st carry and basically won the game. He broke something like 12 tackles in the Kentucky game. If you don't know how to watch and evaluate football players and games, just allow others to do it for you, that way you can learn. Here is lesson #1: Matt Jones breaks tackles, has good speed for his size, is strong as hell, is easily our best offensive weapon at this point, and is the best power back we've had at UF since Ciatrick Fason.

:owned:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n71138 said:
Originally posted by The Original DC View Post

:owned:

:exactly:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n71098 said:

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.