Matt Jones

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/I...ken-Tackles-Yards-After-Contact-More-31847062

Thomas Goldkamp story on Broken Tackles and YAC (yards after contact.)

Running back Matt Jones continues to lead the team in both categories, breaking a team-high five tackles against Tennessee while gaining 79 of his 133 total yards after contact.

Impressive!

Furthermore, Matt Jones has 245 yards after contact. He has a total of 372 yards on the season, which means almost 66% of Jones' yardage has come AFTER contact.
In comparison, Kelvin Taylor has 47 yards after contact. He has a total of 144 yards on the season, which means ~32.6% of his yardage has come AFTER contact.
Matt Jones averages twice the yardage, after contact, than Kelvin Taylor does.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n72802 said:
http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/I...ken-Tackles-Yards-After-Contact-More-31847062

Thomas Goldkamp story on Broken Tackles and YAC (yards after contact.)

Impressive!

Furthermore, Matt Jones has 245 yards after contact. He has a total of 372 yards on the season, which means almost 66% of Jones' yardage has come AFTER contact.
In comparison, Kelvin Taylor has 47 yards after contact. He has a total of 144 yards on the season, which means ~32.6% of his yardage has come AFTER contact.
Matt Jones averages twice the yardage, after contact, than Kelvin Taylor does.

Don't tell Fever... if he starts looking at the facts... he can't tell us how bad Jones is and how easily he goes down.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The bigger a guy is the slower it looks like he's moving. You ever see a 747 taking off? It looks like it's just hanging there.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting comparison size wise. Matt Jones is listed 6-2 235 and Derrick Henry is listed 6-3 241. Those are some big RB's.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I think he is doing great. Hell, the guy even tries to get the other team pumped up before we play them...
lil-jon-tennessee-shirt-beat-florida-sign.jpg

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n72948 said:
I think he is doing great. Hell, the guy even tries to get the other team pumped up before we play them...
lil-jon-tennessee-shirt-beat-florida-sign.jpg

I no longer like lil john.

ooooooooookkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I Have No Friends :(;n71086 said:
Adam Lane is still working on his hands. You have to be able to catch the ball out of the backfield in Roper's system. Also, with as short as he is, I doubt Roper trusts Driskel being able to hit him with a pass if his life depended on it.

Champ talked about how well Lane catches the ball in his presser this morning.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n70539 said:
He is definitely the workhorse with how he is being used but I just don't see how a 235 pound back goes down so easy when watching the other 225+ backs in the SEC.

The only one that seems to be "going down" is you, on your knees in front of Tayor. Get over it, Jones is the daddy & you just have issues.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n73191 said:
Originally posted by Gator Fever View Post
He is definitely the workhorse with how he is being used but I just don't see how a 235 pound back goes down so easy when watching the other 225+ backs in the SEC.

The only one that seems to be "going down" is you, on your knees in front of Tayor. Get over it, Jones is the daddy & you just have issues.

:burn:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n73191 said:

:popcorn:

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n72955 said:
Champ talked about how well Lane catches the ball in his presser this morning.

Yeah I heard that, which was weird since I recall during fall practice that was a knock against him. Oh well, good to know it isn't an issue anymore.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hope Lane gets a few touches against LSU, I really want to see what he's got in a real game.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Jones will be fine come Saturday night. He has been fantastic if you ask me so far this season. Hopefully Taylor is doing better and has some nice runs. Hoping for Lane to get some carries and Mack brown, where has he been?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think we'll see a steady dose of the run game. Take the pressure (self induced IMO) off JD.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n74522 said:
I think we'll see a steady dose of the run game. Take the pressure (self induced IMO) off JD.

I really don't see any other choice. If JD can at least hit a WR in the hands (and they catch it) on one or two play-action passes, then it will help. I agree that it will be run first to set up the pass. My only concern is getting into 3rd and long situations due to penalties, JD getting sacked, or the run getting stuffed. I think we punt on third down in those situations! :lol: just kidding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.