Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did he or did he not punch the ball out of Dobbs arm on the second to last play? Huge IMO. If Dobbs gets out of bounds there and stops the clock we could be looking at a 2004 type ending rather than the one we got.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He has been making alot of good plays on D. Mac gave have him some nice praise in his presser today.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maye has been playing his ass off. He flashed last year, I got my chops busted some when I said he was the best safety against the run since Elam, but I stand by that. Mac singled his out his play v UK and UT today at the press conference.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He is improving. He missed a couple of tackles though. Of course, I think everyone did against tinerc. His coverage skills still leave a LOT to be desired. This week will probably be the biggest test of our safeties. I hope they are praising him next week, too.

I actually like our odds against LSU much more than against Old Sis because of this. We can load the box, with no fear of getting hurt by Brendan Harris' arm, and Neal and Maye are actually above average/excellent vs the run.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was impressed with his play against the run. Overall the secondary covered well too. I'm surprised who ever was deep in that jump pass didn't come up in time to knock it down. It was floating up there pretty good. I don't think it was Maye or Neal. I couldn't make out the number, but it was a single digit guy.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n287441 said:
I was impressed with his play against the run. Overall the secondary covered well too. I'm surprised who ever was deep in that jump pass didn't come up in time to knock it down. It was floating up there pretty good. I don't think it was Maye or Neal. I couldn't make out the number, but it was a single digit guy.

Law98gator;n287456 said:
It was #6.

It was Nick Washington, #8.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n287458 said:
It was Nick Washington, #8.
At first I thought it was was Wilson, but I couldn't figure him being back there. This makes sense. I forgot he changed his number this year.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that Nick Washington is getting more PT at safety than Duke Dawson is baffling to say the least. I haven't seen Washington make one play this year...

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I didn't know we had a player by that name.

Shame on him for not making a pick six of it, but then again if he tried and missed it would have been a TD. Kudos for doing his job and being at home on the play.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n287584 said:
The fact that Nick Washington is getting more PT at safety than Duke Dawson is baffling to say the least. I haven't seen Washington make one play this year...
It's astonishing that he went from pushing for a starting position at CB, to moved to safety because of the obvious lack of coverage skills by the guys we had back there, to not on the field when Washington, Harris, and Porter are playing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n287790 said:
IShame on him for not making a pick six of it, but then again if he tried and missed it would have been a TD. Kudos for doing his job and being at home on the play.
It was Washington. He didn't make the tackle, VH3 did. Washington made a halfazzed attempt at a one arm tackle. The play is at 9:50 2nd quarter if you are watching on dvr. I don't think the safety had the TE in coverage, so someone else blew it. Harris maybe, he was playing strong safety and was in the box. Or maybe the backer on that side which appears to be #24 Poole.

Actually I see a lot of DBs on the field, so maybe we actually had a punt return group on the field and were surprised by tinerc's decision to go for it.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n287439 said:
He is improving. He missed a couple of tackles though. Of course, I think everyone did against tinerc. His coverage skills still leave a LOT to be desired. This week will probably be the biggest test of our safeties. I hope they are praising him next week, too.

I actually like our odds against LSU much more than against Old Sis because of this. We can load the box, with no fear of getting hurt by Brendan Harris' arm, and Neal and Maye are actually above average/excellent vs the run.

I thought Maye was by far our best tackler against elevenessee. I only counted one blown coverage. Of course there weren't many opportunities with how little they threw it.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n287584 said:

Agreed. I remember being very excited when we got Dawson and had high hopes for him. Just sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator