McElroy says Mac will get it right, piles on Chump

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
TheDouglas78;n265653 said:
Here is a piece McElroy did for the SEC Network on McElwain, it was part of a roundtable of their commentators.

www.secsports.com/article/134...coach-mcelwain

The link you posted was to a video about a horse named Butt Stallion.
I assume ... well... I'm not sure what to think about that link and how it got pasted into your post. :lol2:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n265590 said:
Let's hope the whole is greater than the sum of the parts with respect to the DC and OC.
With the exception of Quinn, I don't believe we have had a decent assistant coach during the Muschamp years. It seems we will have at least 3 with Shannon, Summers and Rumph aboard. I also believe having a good HC, which I'm hoping Mac is, will make a difference across the board with the entire staff.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Law98gator;n265685 said:
Really? You read nothing but this board?

I've blocked everyone but you. You are my guiding light in this season of football. From your keyboard to my eyes, your words are gospel. Amen, and we suck. Is that how it goes?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n265715 said:
I've blocked everyone but you. You are my guiding light in this season of football. From your keyboard to my eyes, your words are gospel. Amen, and we suck. Is that how it goes?

1389560139247490372.png

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n265715 said:
Good job.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n265709 said:
With the exception of Quinn, I don't believe we have had a decent assistant coach during the Muschamp years. It seems we will have at least 3 with Shannon, Summers and Rumph aboard. I also believe having a good HC, which I'm hoping Mac is, will make a difference across the board with the entire staff.
:headscratch:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n265736 said:
He was kind of new and only had a year for the suckage to rub off so I'm giving him the benefit of doubt....:dunno:
One of the few decent things Chump did was bringing Summers on board before he got himself fired. That and minimizing thug behavior of the players are about all I can think of.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
lagator;n265740 said:
One of the few decent things Chump did was bringing Summers on board before he got himself fired. That and minimizing thug behavior of the players are about all I can think of.

Robinson and Durkin weren't all that bad I guess, they were good recruiters for defense but I not sure they really developed their players to be any better than they already were. We'll know soon enough if Summers can develop players, our season depends on it.....he did a decent job of coaching last years line although most of those guys were upperclassmen.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
A halfway decent offensive coach would have beat USCe, LSU, and FSU last year. Our defense will be awesome this season. 9 or 10 wins is not out of the question this year. Not saying it's gonna happen, but it's not impossible with our schedule.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Concrete Helmet;n265736 said:
He was kind of new and only had a year for the suckage to rub off so I'm giving him the benefit of doubt....:dunno:

sounds like you redshirted him...

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LongTooth;n265575 said:
I look at that offense, it seemed a little beaten down at times last year. It didn’t seem very confident, Jeff Driskel especially. So turning over a new page, I’m excited for what he’s going to do in Gainesville.”[/FONT]
This is going to be the biggest change on the offense this year. Beaten down is the right way to put it. Confidence to go make plays, instead of constantly thinking "don't screw up" is going to be a huge difference for that side of the ball. We also aren't as devoid of playmakers as a lot of people think we are. D-Rob, Brandon Powell, Kelvin, the 2 Jordans, and Jake McGee are enough to move the ball. If the Oline is serviceable we will sneak up on some people this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.