McElwain and White get raises

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
3-9 season this year (sadly a realistic possibility)
tumblr_mmdou1hbcB1s8hcxpo1_400.gif

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just what is "the right direction"?
Not 116th in total offense? Not 126th in scoring offense? Being able to cross the goal line against the Clowns? Competing in Atlanta? Not getting blown out 3-4 times a season?
You know...stuff like that.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly haven't even looked at the details. Mike White deserved it 100%, and Mac got what, one year? It's inconsequential to me. I'll be there every Saturday regardless if it's Mac or anyone else on the sideline. Watching you guys cry crocodile tears is fun, though.

Who you calling crocodile?

croc.jpg

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Peterson did a great job with Washington this last season. I would have been all for hiring him at Florida.

Having said that, let's look at his tenure at Washington.

8-6 Overall
4-5 Pac 12
0-5 vs Ranked Teams
Lost the Cactus Bowl to Oklahoma State
Recruiting Class Ranked #37 - Four 4*, Seventeen 3*, Two 2*, One Unranked

7-6 Overall
4-5 Pac 12
2-3 vs Ranked Teams
Won the Cotton Bowl over Southern Miss, but gave up 31 points
Recruiting Class Ranked #27 - Five 4*, Eighteen 3*, Two 2*

Overall 15-12, Pac 12 9-10, Average Recruiting Ranking 32, Total Signees Nine 4*, Thirty Five 3*, Four 2*, One Unranked

Talk about 3* U.

Be honest, the negators that are trashing Mac after his second season would have been trashing Peterson as well. Mac's overall record, conference record and recruiting rankings have all been better than Peterson's. Anyone with a shred of honesty knows that the handful of people trashing Mac every day would have been trashing Peterson as well. The Washington fans were calling for his head.

2016 Washington Schedule

2-10 Rutgers
9-4 Idaho
3 -8 Portland State
3-9 Arizona
10-3 Stanford
4-8 Oregon
4-8 Oregon State
9-4 Utah
5-7 California
10-3 USC
5-7 Arizona State
8-5 Washington State
10-4 Colorado
14-1 Alabama

There are several teams in the SEC that would have a good shot at going 12-2 against that schedule. I think Florida would definitely have a good shot at 12-2 against that lineup. There are only 7 teams with a winning record on that schedule. Peterson went 3-2 against teams that finished the season ranked.

The conference championship game is certainly a lot easier when you get to play Colorado instead of Alabama.

When Washington did play Alabama they scored a single TD early in the 1st period and were shut out the rest of the way. If Washington were in the SEC they would not have made the playoffs or won their conference. What would the negators say about a coach that was 5-10 against ranked teams and an average recruiting ranking of 29 (includes 2017)? We all know the answer to that.

By the way, Washington's 2017 recruiting class?

#22 Nine 4*, Nine 3*

I still think he is a quality coach doing a great job. However, negators talking about what a great job Peterson is doing is hilarious.
Are we really going to to pretend recruiting Florida and Washington is on the same playing field? This absolutely ridiculous.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe mike leach aint getting 5 stars committed to washimgton state left and right either.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Our 2010 Meyer zombie season was head and shoulders above Mac's two years.
Losing that game to MSU and Mullen at home was an absolute travesty. Low point of the decade between 01-10. Let's also not forget the annihilation at Bama and embarrassing loss to LSU, as well as the thrashing at FSU. The only good thing that happened that season was the OT win against UGA, and even that was after we blew a double digit lead in the 2nd half. 2010 was flat out awful, the worst season we've had other than 4-8 since 1990. Nobody cared on that entire team, not a soul. Hell, at least in some of the more recent years we could point the finger at massive injuries. 2010 was just a rudderless ship, and we still haven't completely recovered.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Losing that game to MSU and Mullen at home was an absolute travesty. Low point of the decade between 01-10. Let's also not forget the annihilation at Bama and embarrassing loss to LSU, as well as the thrashing at FSU. The only good thing that happened that season was the OT win against UGA, and even that was after we blew a double digit lead in the 2nd half. 2010 was flat out awful, the worst season we've had other than 4-8 since 1990. Nobody cared on that entire team, not a soul. Hell, at least in some of the more recent years we could point the finger at massive injuries. 2010 was just a rudderless ship, and we still haven't completely recovered.
Disagree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.