McElwain Eulogy/Presser

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

This is some brutal stuff. That looks like a man who has given up or knows the job is too big.

Depressing.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Looks like his battery power is still off if you ask me.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
He's seeing the writing on the wall....First he'll be forced to fire Nuss....then, well we know what happens then.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He's seeing the writing on the wall....First he'll be forced to fire Nuss....then, well we know what happens then.

How do you fire a guy you just extended and look your players in the face? I believe in this guy so much that I demanded he get an extension then you backtrack like that? I am sure confidence in him is eroding day by day.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You can always count on Swamp Ass to make you laugh...from one of the chief pumpers...

"I agree his demeanor was very subdued.

But...no one here knows how much sleep he has had over the past 4 days.

I can tell you I am a bit exhausted for the past 4 days...dealing with Irma and I don't have anywhere near the responsibilities of Coach McElwain....not even close!

Just my opinion but I think you have to cut the guy some slack here and empathize with his situation more than bag on him.

Just my 2 cents....."

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
How do you fire a guy you just extended and look your players in the face? I believe in this guy so much that I demanded he get an extension then you backtrack like that? I am sure confidence in him is eroding day by day.
There's 600 of us on this board and despite a decent percentage of posters wearing Orange and Blue glasses there isn't a single one who still believes that this Butters experiment will turn out right.....I doubt many if ANY of the players feel much differently than we do. In fact it wouldn't shock me at all if we started hearing and seeing some frustration spill over from players toward each other or the coaches by about the 4th or 5th game...Anyone got Petrino's number? :lol2:

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Anyone got Petrino's number? :lol2:

11710465-large.jpg

Freeze has him on speed dial.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
You can always count on Swamp Ass to make you laugh...from one of the chief pumpers...

"I agree his demeanor was very subdued.

But...no one here knows how much sleep he has had over the past 4 days.

I can tell you I am a bit exhausted for the past 4 days...dealing with Irma and I don't have anywhere near the responsibilities of Coach McElwain....not even close!

Just my opinion but I think you have to cut the guy some slack here and empathize with his situation more than bag on him.

Just my 2 cents....."

I saw that over there (Bazza?). So many pumpers....people who put inept coaches above the program. The place is full of them. There's a few here too, but it's a lot more subdued.....or they get beaten down.

I have no reason to believe this offense comes alive this week....or this season. Any game we win will very likely be ugly and full of "WTF?" moments. Sure, we may get a Kentucky (last year) type win somewhere down the line....but we'll also get an FSU type beat-down as well. I'll take a 16-10 LSU type win vs. LSU, UGA, and/or FSU this year....but sadly - if that happens - it'll be the highlight of a long, miserable season.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I ceased listening to Butter's mindless drivel regarding football but I am reading that he looked and spoke completely defeated. If that is the case, could it be all part of his master plan of laying the ground work for when his team puts another ragged, undisciplined performance on the field this Saturday, win or lose? B/C there is one thing many of us who think Butters is taking his money and giving nothing in return, it is that he is an excellent actor, b/c he has been impersonating a big time D-1 college football coach, and sadly he has fooled the ones he needs to fool. Perhaps instead of making his ridiculous excuse after his teams lay a fundamental egg, he is now resorting to pre-excusing!

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I think it's always more of perception than reality when handing out extensions. The money is nowhere near as tight as they pretend it is. You never want to go through a mediocre season and have every coach in America be able to point to the fact your school hasn't and won't offer this coach a longer deal and it's obvious he won't be around long. It's keeping up appearances more than it is a promise that this guy will be around long, at a place like Florida anyways

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Good God, that was just awful. WTF? It was a hurricane. Hurricanes happen in Florida. I think he was using that as an easy excuse for his demeanor that I believe is much more related to his team than some rain and wind damage.

He's paid quite handsomely to, at the very least, fake it. What the hell kind of message does this guy think he's portraying? He's the leader, the CEO. His job is to set the tone for the team. I'm flabbergasted.

Oct 5, 2014
He seems sad and pathetic in this press conference.- like he has been given an ultimatum and knows his coaching career will soon end. Don't pity him. He will soon be making a lot of money as a television commentator.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's always more of perception than reality when handing out extensions. The money is nowhere near as tight as they pretend it is. You never want to go through a mediocre season and have every coach in America be able to point to the fact your school hasn't and won't offer this coach a longer deal and it's obvious he won't be around long. It's keeping up appearances more than it is a promise that this guy will be around long, at a place like Florida anyways

I think it was one last paycheck for his buddy at our expense. Nuss is worthless and Mac might get you some pringles on a good day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator