McElwain on Saban....

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
With us hitting the state of Alabama and plucking a few athletes do you think that McElwain has a little insight as to what Saban is going to say to these kids order to sway them to Bama? Maybe he gets infront of it and when the kid hears Saban ramble it makes them really turn on to Mac. Just a thought...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
These kids were not being recruited by Bama. They are actually pretty good but Bama just missed on their evaluation. Coach Mac capitalized.

Of course they realized that they screwed up so now they are trying to make up for lost time.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
They will both do well in recruiting in the coming years. There are plenty to go around. I just wonder how much longer Saban will be coaching at Bama.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just wonder how much longer Saban will be coaching at Bama.
I'd say when his wife has bought all the nice sh!t she wants. Unless I am mis-remembering, their situation is a little Bowden-esque where money is concerned, Ms. Saban particularly. Don't think he would stay around long enough to get forced out, but then again I don't know whether his kids have or will fleece him like Bobby's reportedly did.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'd say when his wife has bought all the nice sh!t she wants. Unless I am mis-remembering, their situation is a little Bowden-esque where money is concerned, Ms. Saban particularly. Don't think he would stay around long enough to get forced out, but then again I don't know whether his kids have or will fleece him like Bobby's reportedly did.
Never knew Booby's kids ripped him off.......My day just got a little better....

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Never knew Booby's kids ripped him off.......My day just got a little better....
I'm pretty certain that one son, who was in some sort of investing, lost about $2 mil of his money. I think the daughter got into his pocketbook pretty deep as well. Terry had his share of scandals while at AU and many guessed that dad had to prop him up. Hell, he was essentially forced to fire the younger one after promoting him to OC. Likely another to help support? I guess only the investor really ripped him off. The others just soaked him pretty good.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty certain that one son, who was in some sort of investing, lost about $2 mil of his money. I think the daughter got into his pocketbook pretty deep as well. Terry had his share of scandals while at AU and many guessed that dad had to prop him up. Hell, he was essentially forced to fire the younger one after promoting him to OC. Likely another to help support? I guess only the investor really ripped him off. The others just soaked him pretty good.

Who was that? Jeff Bowden? He sucked.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yeah, his oldest son Steve scammed him for about $1.6 million. Ex-Alabama quarterback Brian Burgdorf (sp) was also involved. Here's a link.

https://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2003-10-18/sports/0310180458_1_bobby-bowden-dotson-restitution
I guess karma is a b!tch.....reap what you sew you cheatin ass Bastard :nolerape:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If some anonymous rumors of past/present recruits meeting with the bagman , maybe a certain coach that used to work there is letting the cat out of the bag, now if it was Mac, he could blame the rumors on Smart .. trying to help his recruiting.. hehe, that Mac is a sharp one

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
If some anonymous rumors of past/present recruits meeting with the bagman , maybe a certain coach that used to work there is letting the cat out of the bag, now if it was Mac, he could blame the rumors on Smart .. trying to help his recruiting.. hehe, that Mac is a sharp one
What the heck are you even saying?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mac knows where the bodies are buried.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I think Mac is sharp! He's very likable but he has that ole' school football coach side to him. Not Mushmouth crazy but can still get after that tail. I hope the guy is around along time. Kids see what he is doing. He will bring in the kids that really want to be a Gator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator