McElwain v. Freeze

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
chferg;n121168 said:
Come on Sofla,

Those three teams have a combined record of 12-24......

BC losses include Pittsburgh
Colorado losses include everyone not named UMASS and Hawaii
WSU losses include Rutgers, Nevada, and everyone except Portland State, Utah, Oregon State

Listen I know you think Mac is a good coach and everyone is entitled to their opinions....however, there is no possible way that you really think those wins are quality.

You seem to not get the good-better-best element of things. EKU is a 9-2 team in their "league" and even had some here worried. That is until they ran into the smooth passing, ultra accurate Jeff Driskel and the Gators' unstoppable passing game. Alabama looks like a team that could win it all. And yet they'd probably lose by 3-4 TDs if they faced the Jags or Bucs.

CSU was a dumpster fire when JM arrived. They'll never be a force, and the few fans they have on the Rivals MB are routinely mocked by Colorado fans. That's right, the Buffs who have been one of the worst Power 5 programs for over a decade. CSU is a nothing program, that was actually even worse than usual until JM came in. For them to even be in the Top 25 is an accomplishment in itself.

And keep in mind, while teams like WSU and BC aren't great programs, they most likely scheduled the games with CSU as a cupcake/breather type game, similar to our games against Toledo or Bowling Green. So the Rams beating them is a pretty impressive win within the context of things.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
t-gator;n121144 said:
I didn't mean that sofis I do like your post. I think everyone I'd a little on edge about the new hire

No problem, were good.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I lived in Colorado from 1996 to 2001. I can tell you that CSU sucks. Royally.

So why did he go there in the first place? There oviously weren't many teams knocking on the door.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n121299 said:

So why did he go there in the first place? There oviously weren't many teams knocking on the door.

Gotta start somewhere. Turned out pretty well for him, he turned the program around and it's a big time resume builder for him now.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n121299 said:

Probably because there weren't any openings at the powerhouses like Bowling Green, Utah or Duke.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n121141 said:
Sorry I didn't write a 3 page essay like 95 percent of your posts

Tell us again who you like? I've seen you rant against damn near everyone who is mentioned but I can't recall who you favor? Why don't you make it a personal policy to suggest someone you DO like every time you find the urge to discuss who you don't like. That would be much more enjoyable for the reader.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n121329 said:
Tell us again who you like? I've seen you rant against damn near everyone who is mentioned but I can't recall who you favor? Why don't you make it a personal policy to suggest someone you DO like every time you find the urge to discuss who you don't like. That would be much more enjoyable for the reader.

ive named plenty I like dick head .

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n121345 said:
ive named plenty I like dick head .

For those who didn't know, and for those who have had your suggestions ridiculed by t-gator, I thought you all would like to know who he DOES like.. wait for it..... Larry Freakin' Fedora, someone named Haskins, another dude named Morris, and wait for it........ 6-loss Mike Gundy!!

When that's your list, you should maybe show some respect when someone else suggests McElwain, Stoops, McDaniels or practically anyone else who coaches football.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n121329 said:
Originally posted by t-gator View Post

Sorry I didn't write a 3 page essay like 95 percent of your posts

He likes...

1) Gundy
2) Gundy
3) Gundy

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n121354 said:
For those who didn't know, and for those who have had your suggestions ridiculed by t-gator, I thought you all would like to know who he DOES like.. wait for it..... Larry Freakin' Fedora, someone named Haskins, another dude named Morris, and wait for it........ 6-loss Mike Gundy!!

When that's your list, you should maybe show some respect when someone else suggests McElwain, Stoops, McDaniels or practically anyone else who coaches football.
I have never bashed stoops dude. I said he ain't comming and explained why. I said mclwain isn't a good fit for what we have. Show some respect ? Lol

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I gave you a like because that made me lol

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Get back on topic. t-gator, quit embarrassing yourself. When you name two or three coaches none of us have actually heard of, you don't look so good. I swear one of the guy on your list coaches high school. I'm kinda surprised you don't have Kerwin Bell in there, too.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n121144 said:
I didn't mean that sofis I do like your post. I think everyone I'd a little on edge about the new hire

Everyone??? It only seems like you and ferg are on the edge. The rest of us seem to be doing ok.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n121435 said:
Everyone??? It only seems like you and ferg are on the edge. The rest of us seem to be doing ok.

Well , that too

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n121402 said:
Get back on topic. t-gator, quit embarrassing yourself. When you name two or three coaches none of us have actually heard of, you don't look so good. I swear one of the guy on your list coaches high school. I'm kinda surprised you don't have Kerwin Bell in there, too.

Ok ox shanahan

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Suddenly, this thread delivers.

SoFla and DC are gaining ground as my favorite posters...

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb