Founding Member
T REX;n129420 said:
T-Rob is staying it sounds like from what I'm hearing

Can you provide a source?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If we play in nickel a lot I could see Marcell Harris playing the Elam role as a run stopping wrecking ball. I'm wondering also how they'll work Washington in. He's got good coverage skills and can also decleat someone like a guy who is 30# heavier.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n129514 said:
Can you provide a source?

I looked and looked and this was all I could come up with. Not sure how much weight InAllKindsOfWeather's tweets carry. :dunno:

10426212_10102035811819344_30106997372892376_n.jpg

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mac has had a different assistant with him every day as part of getting to know them.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n129556 said:
I think Mac has had a different assistant with him every day as part of getting to know them.

That's the impression I got.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n129518 said:
If we play in nickel a lot I could see Marcell Harris playing the Elam role as a run stopping wrecking ball.
Shocking. I agree with Helmet.

Harris is basically a light backer anyway. A step to slow for safety and a lil small for LB.

I like the way he hits. I don't think the size will be a problem especially if he isn't inside at mike or will.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We're going to play the kill the quarterback and everyone else on offense defense.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You can't keep Tabor or Wilson off the field, they're just too good. Since we don't have any LB's that are very good in coverage it begs for nickel. We have big hard hitting safety's coming out the rear. I say just use one as a spy or on the LOS as run support. I think this will allow us to blitz with our LB's more often keeping constant pressure on the opposing QB. Does anyone know if Holley will be able to play in the spring ? If so we could have a nice rotation up front assuming that Holley and Clark progress the way Brantley and Ivie did this year and Bullard stays. I also believe McAlister, Cox and Willis will be pretty decent DE/Buck players. Our shelves are stocked on defense, it will be interesting to see how the pieces are arranged.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is true. We will be stocked very well on Defense next year. I'm ok with Durkin staying and pray that T-Rob does as well. With the talent we have there should allow Coach Mac to implement his offense, whatever he decides having a stout D. I am really excited about Anzalone. He plays and reminds me alot of James Bates. Great hitter, run stopper, and not bad with the coverage. Flies all over the place. But I think DE's will also be a strength, maybe not the superstars, but solid.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
TN G8tr;n129697 said:
I am really excited about Anzalone. He plays and reminds me alot of James Bates. Great hitter, run stopper, and not bad with the coverage. Flies all over the place.
Anzalone did seem to get better once he started getting more reps. I think he will be a very good player next year after another spring and fall camp and yes he seems to have a good motor judging from his special teams play. If McAlister keeps developing physically he will shock some people who are expecting a letdown from Fowler being gone. He and Cox are pretty decent pass rushers and I noticed that Bullard was starting to get more pressure from the SDE position the last half of the season.
The more I think about it the better it sounds if they keep the defensive coaches intact.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mac-Nasty!

MacNasty!

:brad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.