McElwain's numbers vs. higher ranked teams

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Posting this for those expecting us to break 30 points....

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/inside-numbers-florida-michigan-08292017

2-6

McElwain is 2-6 against teams with a higher AP poll or College Football Playoff rankings than Florida at the time of the game. The two wins came against Ole Miss in 2015 and LSU in 2016. The losses came against Alabama in the 2015 and 2016 SEC Championship Games, Tennessee and Florida State in 2016, and LSU and Michigan in 2015.

Florida stats in those eight games:

• Average yards gained on offense: 284
  • Average yards allowed on defense: 421
  • Average points per game: 20.1
  • Points per game allowed: 31
  • Third-down conversion rate: 33.6 percent (38 for 113)
  • Turnover margin in wins: +6
  • Turnover margin in losses: -3

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bama sort of skewers the numbers from those SECCG in they have been heads and shoulders above us since 2009.

I'm going with Michigan is over ranked and Mac has had months to game plan. He needs to win this game. And the offense has the weapons to score 30, the question will be proven if they are coached up.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Mac did an amazing job with what Muschump left him. No one could've done better than 2-6, no one.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
To be fair, not sure that stat is applicable in this situation. All those previous games were against teams that were ranked with a reasonable body of evidence to support their ranking. This is the first game of the season with no evidence with either team. Hell if you just go with the "returning starters" ranking method, there is no way Michigan should be in the top 10 (and don't cite Bama as example, we all know they are an anomaly).

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair, not sure that stat is applicable in this situation. All those previous games were against teams that were ranked with a reasonable body of evidence to support their ranking. This is the first game of the season with no evidence with either team. Hell if you just go with the "returning starters" ranking method, there is no way Michigan should be in the top 10 (and don't cite Bama as example, we all know they are an anomaly).

You're splitting hairs. He hasn't coached UP.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You're splitting hairs. He hasn't coached UP.
Meatchicken has AT LEAST and I'd argue much superior talent than Arky or Tinerc and has much better coaching.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Actually Ohio State had the 2nd lowest or lowest returning starters last year and made the CFB playoff.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Posting this for those expecting us to break 30 points....

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/inside-numbers-florida-michigan-08292017

2-6

McElwain is 2-6 against teams with a higher AP poll or College Football Playoff rankings than Florida at the time of the game. The two wins came against Ole Miss in 2015 and LSU in 2016. The losses came against Alabama in the 2015 and 2016 SEC Championship Games, Tennessee and Florida State in 2016, and LSU and Michigan in 2015.

Florida stats in those eight games:

• Average yards gained on offense: 284
  • Average yards allowed on defense: 421
  • Average points per game: 20.1
  • Points per game allowed: 31
  • Third-down conversion rate: 33.6 percent (38 for 113)
  • Turnover margin in wins: +6
  • Turnover margin in losses: -3

You just couldn't resist shooting a dart at my preseason hot air balloon... :fistbump:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Look at those numbers again. It's a disturbing trend.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Is the stat applicable now?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bama sort of skewers the numbers from those SECCG in they have been heads and shoulders above us since 2009.

I'm going with Michigan is over ranked and Mac has had months to game plan. He needs to win this game. And the offense has the weapons to score 30, the question will be proven if they are coached up.

Our offense showed it had the weapons to set up one FG over 4 quarters. :(

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Just read that Saban has 19 wins over top 5 opponents.

We have a Saban scrub. The anti-Saban. I hope we can all start to agree Saban is what makes Bama not these plug and play scrubs.

Mac sucks.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
It's depressing. I really hope the powers that be whether thats the President, AD or UAA hear the cries of the fanbase and WAKE UP. They have to be seeing what we're seeing. Changes need to be made. This isnt an isolated incidence, this is a recurring issue that shows no sign of going away.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Just read that Saban has 19 wins over top 5 opponents.

We have a Saban scrub. The anti-Saban. I hope we can all start to agree Saban is what makes Bama not these plug and play scrubs.

Mac sucks.
I'm gonna go with the 6 5* and 15 4* players they pull every year that makes Bama Bama

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
It's depressing. I really hope the powers that be whether thats the President, AD or UAA hear the cries of the fanbase and WAKE UP. They have to be seeing what we're seeing. Changes need to be made. This isnt an isolated incidence, this is a recurring issue that shows no sign of going away.
That's what happens when you shop for coaches at the Good will store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.