McElwain's vision is becoming clearer at Florida

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
:lol: is it that bad? I always thought it was good, old fashioned, ribbing.

In most cases, yes. However, I've seen the claws come out with a few people here... primarily the ones who absolutely refuse to consider they could possibly ever be wrong. Ever. You probably know a few.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In most cases, yes. However, I've seen the claws come out with a few people here... primarily the ones who absolutely refuse to consider they could possibly ever be wrong. Ever. You probably know a few.

Oh trust me.... I was kidding.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Short-term, the best thing Mac has done is bringing in some ass't coaches this year who can actually recruit. It is now paying major dividends on the recruiting trail. The buzz around recruiting is now better than anything UF has seen since the Meyer pre-esophageal years.

Long-term, he has a willing and capable ally in Stricklin. They'll be more than able to catch up and maintain in the never-ending facilities arms race. Foley was great in building an organization structure and hiring (for the most part) great coaches but was too cheap to keep pace with the facilities arms race.

Mac's folksy, awe shucks personna is sometimes hard to stomach AND YET he has produced some great results given the cards he's been dealt.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mac's folksy, awe shucks personna is sometimes hard to stomach AND YET he has produced some great results given the cards he's been dealt.
Winning fixes everything.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mac has a plan/vision for Gator Football but I'm not sold on his ability weather the storm of criticism from Gator Fans.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Despite some criticism, Mac's extension is an important part of this momentum. Its timing, just before the summer recruiting push, helps to allay fears from recruits and parents about where Mac stands with the administration. Plus it cancels out that aspect of negative recruiting and some of the..ahem..chatter in the system.
And yes, this is where the usual disclaimer about the offense needing to get better, etc, ad infinitum, ad nauseum goes.

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I will tell you this much. And yes the disclaimer from everything Mac, Nuss, recruting, etc.

We all know and have complained about the UAA, AD, and the complacency that they've had over Foley's tenure. Yes, UF is a top notch place but you have to keep up with the other schools and what they're doing. To get those kids you have to be better than the other guy. And it's pretty simple.

You gotta Win.
You have better facilites.
Get rid of Foley's cheap azz checkbook.

I have no doubt that Mac has had to bytch and fight to get many of these things. With adding new asst. coaches that can recruit it's appearing to be helping, a lot. I think the Athletic Dept's. stance in the past would not help any coach. And Mac needs to stay on them. It's a two way street. Now that some positives are coming....Mac, it's time you make it happen on the field. I like what he is trying to do and really want to like him more and more. Just make sure what you're doing pays off on the field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator