McShay: Florida OT Jawaan Taylor #10 overall 2019 draft prospect

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is surprising. If this is true, he gone.

McShay has Jawaan Taylor as the #10 overall player in the 2019 draft....seriously.

Todd McShay's Top 32 for 2019 NFL draft: Ranking best prospects

McShay's Top 32 prospects for 2019: Defensive stars rising

---

This is a premium article, so you can't read it all...but here's the top 10:

1. N. Bosa, OSU
2. E. Oliver, HOU
3. G. Williams, LSU
4. D. White, LSU
5. R.Gary, MICH
6. D. Brown, AU
7. D. Lawrence, CLEM
8. C. Wilkins, CLEM
9. G .Little, MISS
10. J. Taylor, UF

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is surprising. If this is true, he gone.

McShay has Jawaan Taylor as the #10 overall player in the 2019 draft....seriously.

Todd McShay's Top 32 for 2019 NFL draft: Ranking best prospects

McShay's Top 32 prospects for 2019: Defensive stars rising

---

This is a premium article, so you can't read it all...but here's the top 10:

1. N. Bosa, OSU
2. E. Oliver, HOU
3. G. Williams, LSU
4. D. White, LSU
5. R.Gary, MICH
6. D. Brown, AU
7. D. Lawrence, CLEM
8. C. Wilkins, CLEM
9. G .Little, MISS
10. J. Taylor, UF
I think we finished second for all of those.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
He is greatly over valued here but good for him if true. We have 3 guys projecting first round right now which should help recruiting

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well knock me over with a feather. If that is what a 1st round O-line draft pick looks like in college football, then I need to stop watching. Of course I said the same thing about DJ Humphries and he was a 1st rounder. However I have been told he still sux. Taylor impresses me little, but if someone wants to throw 40 or 50 large at him, I say congrats and take it immediately if not sooner.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Say what you will but he is one of only a VERY few guys who completely changed his body and continually improved physically every year that I can remember in the last 4 or 5 years. I sure wish at least 2 or 3 of the other offensive linemen who came in the same time range would have put as much into it as JT has.....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
A couple of other notes about him that may be making the NFL take notice I don't think he has ever missed a game due to injury or off field issues.(?)

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Look at the programs represented the top 10 - 7 are in the SEC, and 5 are in the top 5 of the CFP rankings. Where's Bama?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Good for Taylor.

McShay and Kiper don't speculate on underclassmen, I don't believe. But what are the chances Zuniga and/or Polite leave early? They have to be getting attention.

YAY Fred Johnson is a Sr. Though, it looks like we'll lose several OL to graduation. Gotta start filling that up with recruits. I expect next year may be as bad, or worse, for our OL.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Good for Taylor.

McShay and Kiper don't speculate on underclassmen, I don't believe. But what are the chances Zuniga and/or Polite leave early? They have to be getting attention.

YAY Fred Johnson is a Sr. Though, it looks like we'll lose several OL to graduation. Gotta start filling that up with recruits. I expect next year may be as bad, or worse, for our OL.

Polite is getting ratings around 16 to 30. I haven't seen Zuniga. No way Polite returns....Zuniga maybe, I'd give it less than a 50% chance though.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is a very OL and DL heavy draft to be rated in the first round, you have to go... Get a union year in and closer to second contract and more guaranteed years.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Well knock me over with a feather. If that is what a 1st round O-line draft pick looks like in college football, then I need to stop watching. Of course I said the same thing about DJ Humphries and he was a 1st rounder. However I have been told he still sux. Taylor impresses me little, but if someone wants to throw 40 or 50 large at him, I say congrats and take it immediately if not sooner.
For DJ Humprries still sucking he is the starting left tackle for the Cardinals.

leogator

May 5, 2018
We will lose a lot of players to the draft. We really are going to need to replace them or we will suck next year.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Isn't Chaz Green on the Cowboys roster still? Think about that for a minute

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hard to judge our OL after learning about the SC program under butters. They have drastically improved this year, though not world beaters, but improving. I think another offseason with Savage will do wonders for next season. But we need to recruit more, obviously.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
For DJ Humprries still sucking he is the starting left tackle for the Cardinals.

For what it is worth, PFF grades Humphries out as an "above average" left tackle. And I can't find anyone else who rates Jawaan Taylor so high. No one.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
McShay has Polite at #25:

Polite is a top-tier talent. With fantastic speed and athleticism, he is a force off the edge. Polite is slippery and displays good instincts as a playmaker. In eight games for the Gators, Polite has seven sacks and forced four fumbles. He was a big part of the win against LSU in early October, making six tackles, recording two sacks and forcing a fumble.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good for Taylor.

McShay and Kiper don't speculate on underclassmen, I don't believe.
Taylor is a junior, so they do speculate on underclassmen, including Polite and Zuniga. See BMFs post about Polite above.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I personally don't see either tackle going in the first round, maybe early second but I think JT goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.