Meanwhile at Volnation...

GatorMan5K

Gatorologist
Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2014
I totally agree w' you. Living here is great when ut sux. They hate UF with some much venom that it is absolutely hilarious. I really fire them up when I tell them I dont care about the ut rivalry. I tell them they are about 5th on the list behind uga, fsu, lsu and sc. That pisses them off so bad. Good night for the gators and lets keep getting better.
Go Gators!

Oh I miss the days when bama sucked, however breif. It was a good time to live here in Alabama. And I'll argue with anyone that says UT fans are worse than bama fans to live around.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Oh I miss the days when bama sucked, however breif. It was a good time to live here in Alabama. And I'll argue with anyone that says UT fans are worse than bama fans to live around.

I'll agree here. Though crazy, most Vol fans I interact with seem to at least know the game. A lot of Bama fans I interact with couldn't tell you anything outside of the starting QB, RB, and Nick Saban, definitely nothing about the ins and outs of the sport. Maybe my father-in-law being a Vol has a little to do with this idea, but I know other UT fans.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
giphy.gif

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
They also have a current losing streak against every team in the SEC. Pretty remarkable when you think about it.

The recent video (2016 or 2017?) of the vandy frat house playing rocky top on an endless loop while vol fans were driving out of town was priceless.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
They're surprisingly upbeat in most of their threads over there and are convinced that Pruitt is the right guy, which is baffling considering he's a first time head coach and has yet to lose a game by less than 26. The issue, as others have pointed out, is that his offensive mindset won't work without a tremendously talented team and/or a great defense, neither of which looked to be the case Saturday. Yes, WV is a great offense, but they're also a typical B12 defense, and the vols did nothing against it. That is scary, imo.

And again it was proven that if you go right at these Saban-esque defensive minded coaches, you'll win. Playing scared, wanting to avoid mistakes at all costs, and hoping for the best is the only reason those types ever win anything.

A loss was expected and so nothing to completely panic over. But having a mid-level HC absolutely wipe the floor with you is a pretty big deal. And his interview afterward was basically an admission that he isn't qualified, which is why he was on no one's radar until the vols' 23rd choice said "jk, no, lol".

All in all, I like it.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I saw AR posting on one of the Vole message boards consoling them.
You have an odd idea of consolation. One said that the only SEC games they would win was vandy and UF. I asked whether he thought they were better or we were worse
Forced them to think about last year. And check your sarcasm meter on the QB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator