Memoirs of the Gator Mojo

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just wanted to feel good for a moment... how I miss the energy, anticipation, pride, hype... well, the Mojo :scratchchin:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I was thinking about the squandering of the mojo Spurrier left at UF the other day. Back then no one played UF conservatively on offense because they knew that would assure them a loss. I remember Tubberville at UMs one year tried to run out the clock from the beginning of the game to get himself a semi-respectable 28-10 loss.

But Foley and his emphasis on hiring defensive minded, Zook, Muschamp, and UAL family, Muschamp, McElwain, coaches pissed that mojo away. Even Meyer who was not consistently good did not do anything to rebuild that mojo.

BTW, for the 876,501st time, that 1996 SEC Championship game where UF faced a UAL team that had given up 5 TD passes all year and Wuerffel lit them up for 6 TD passes and locked down the Heisman was maybe the single most impressive individual performance in college football history.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Very nice.

I'm planning to compile a list of my favorite UF moments since then. Does anyone know how to make a GIF?
tia

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What was everyone's favorite year?

'95. Until Nebraska, it felt like there wasn't anything we couldn't do, esp on offensive side of the ball.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
2006 was my favorite of those above because everybody thought we were going to get killed and we just destroyed OSU. It was fantastic!

Oh... and thanks for making me waste a bunch of time!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not listed, but nothing tops 52-20 and the title in 1996 over those goddamned Semenholes
Yep, 96 was my last season in G'ville, so I gotta go with that season - I did get to come back and watch the 97 FSU game though, the best game in the Swamp I've ever seen.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I was at the 1996 title game. I know, cool story.
Bunch of dudes piled into a hotel room, slept on the floor the whole time. Could never do that now

LCGATOR

Jul 1, 2014
Looking at 2006 SEC Game highlights that came to mind which I didn't see in the video was that fake punt we ran deep in are own territory. Very big turning point in that game.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I still like that Harvin run in the Arkansas game from a highlight standpoint. And then again how can you not like the Troy Smith "sacked again" defense :lmao2:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
'95. Until Nebraska, it felt like there wasn't anything we couldn't do, esp on offensive side of the ball.
Agree, we seem to be the definition of juggernaut. That was really the first time I just didn't feel like going outside and mingling with society... not so much embarrassment as crushing broken heart.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Nice folks those Nebraskans...........we had fun till they started piling on........then I headed north toward the Grand Canyon.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Man I love watching Chris Leak throw.

True, considering he gets scoffed at a bit by some fans... I think at the time though it was more about his second base sliding before the sticks while he was acclimating to the M3 spread machine... but the film reminds of the pretty passes he could launch especially after watching years of what we see now, geez.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator