Memorial Day

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Braves%20JROTC_1527555427654.jpg_88244284_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

http://www.foxla.com/news/powerful-photo-shows-braves-fan-shielding-jrotc-member-from-rain

That photo is awesome for a few reasons. I hope to comment later.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

A few observations:

1. The Braves felt it was important to set up the missing soldier/sailor table? Awesome.

2. JROTC? So that kid is in HS and performing that duty? I predict success in that young man’s future. Awesome.

3. Look who’s holding the umbrella. A white guy. Does it look like he cares about skin color, or the display of dedication to duty in that young man? Awesome.

Let’s not be naive. Racism unfortunately exists today. However, this is a perfect example of how focusing on behavior and attitude (on both sides) can reduce the frequency of friction and conflict. If everyone is looking for ways to improve the world around us instead of looking for any hint of a reason to point fingers and go on the offensive, we could see real progress.

My 2 cents. NV - Sorry if that was anticlimactic.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree, but be prepared for the consequences when you piss off your boss and your customers.

American capitalism at its finest.I’m all for it. Let the market separate the winners from the losers.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Thank you all for your service. I say it all the time but I don't think you can ever say it enough.

Obviously, yesterday was a day to remember those fallen heroes. Freedom isn't free.

God Bless.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.