Message Board falls to 0-2 in 2017

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Marines aren't Soldiers you beatnick :lol2:
No, Marines are certainly are not soldiers, and I shudder every time a movie or TV show screws that up! Amazing how often that happens. Same thing when they call SEALs "soldiers". Sure sign that a script writer has no experience with the military. To be safe, just refer to Spec Ops guys as "operators": Delta, SEALs, Recon Marines, and Chair Force PJs. Yeah, Rangers are a special breed, too, but they are definitely soldiers.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
We're now 2-2 after his meh hires.
Yep, you know these guys well enough to have an informed opinion that they're "meh" hires? More confirmation you have no idea what you're talking about, yet you revel in your ignorance. Must be sweet to go through life guided my your own knee-jerk emotional reactions, unrestricted by accountability or facts. Good for you. A completely unemployable or defensible perspective, but good for you if you're happy.

SteveOrr

Jan 30, 2017
You're a real troll aren't you? If you're looking to troll ppl who are on the Mac bandwagon your sniffing up the wrong tree. I'm not a Mac fan and don't think he's the right coach for us, but considering everything to this point I was pleased wit the class he just signed. Was it spectacular? Nope, but it was solid and will give us depth and talent to work with.

Go troll elsewhere.
So if I refuse to settle for losing, I'm a troll?! Why don't you go pump your sunshine elsewhere? Am I ignorant when I say we've lost 4 straight to FS? Am I ignorant when I say we finished behind FS and GA in recruiting?! Seems yours is the emotional reaction, while mine is based in fact.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
So if I refuse to settle for losing, I'm a troll?! Why don't you go pump your sunshine elsewhere? Am I ignorant when I say we've lost 4 straight to FS? Am I ignorant when I say we finished behind FS and GA in recruiting?! Seems yours is the emotional reaction, while mine is based in fact.
:lmao2: Durty, ur such a pumper.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Calm down, sporty. And get an avatar.

We like newcomers around here, especially ones with spunk, but he is no pumper.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
oh you're ignorant, there's no question about that.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
The message board, stocked with 1 and 2 star prognosticators, again fell short of expectations as UF put together a fine class in the 11th hour. Outranked by the crop of 4 star athletes.....many have just doubled down and continue to insist that it was a mediocre NSD and a top ten finish was unacceptable.

With the board's disappointing start in 2017, especially given its spectacularly high regard for its own predictions, much speculation has surfaced whether administrators will attempt to upgrade its base by pursuing 3 and 4 star ranters for the duration of the year.

Rumors are that several posters are planning protests for the Orange and Blue game where opportunities exist to proclaim there are no qualified QB's on the roster and the new freshmen "simply are not ready to contribute" while waving signs declaring a possible 4-8 season on the horizon.

Due to insomnia, I stumbled on Marines’ post after NSD 2017. This post was awesome and funny in 2017, but sadly, even better (if ironically) now.

Who knew Marine1 was the most accurate “dumper” on the board; accurately predicting the 4 win season.

Predicting the future is not easy. We should probably leave it to the professionals.
1374536704000-Carnac-Master-Photo-NUP-108128-0003-1307230909_3_4.jpg

Terrific!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, it was 4-7, so I guess he was right to mock the realists.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This thread was painful to read. What always struck me was that some people couldn't see (or refused to see) how awful Mac was, even during our "East Champs" seasons. The ONLY short period it looked like there was some progress on offense was when Grier was playing. After the suspension, it was over forever.

He and his staff were a total embarrassment even in his first two years. I don't know how anyone looked at them and saw hope for the future, even if they were given 200 years. Tunaboat called Mac a "Phuktard" in a post once, and honestly that's the most accurate word to describe him in the English language.

Here it is, I looked it up. Posted November 10, 2016. I've never forgotten this post, because it completely summed up how I was feeling. There was no hope, and there would never be any hope. It was obvious that quickly.
My ire is now aimed at Foley. How can he be this bad of a judge of coaching talent, again and again? I was high on Mac at the beginning, cool guy, no socks ever, spent his own money to help buy out his contract at C-State. This year has been shocking as his total ineptitude as a coach has been laid out for all to see. No fire in himself or his players. Not much will to win, especially if the other team has one. No game management, no halftime (or any) adjustments, no sideline coaching. Shyte recruiting. And he seems happy with all of it. No mental problem mailing in losses instead of making changes to right the ship. He's making millions for not even trying to do his job and we all know it now. Does anyone think this Phuktard will turn into a butterfly next year and soar? We could waste another 4 years waiting for him to be a real coach and we will be competing with whoever the current bottom feeder is to avoid being last in the SECE in 2020. Cut the damage short and fire him now. He just has no skill for this job. Thanks Foley.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
[
The ONLY short period it looked like there was some progress on offense was when Grier was playing. After the suspension, it was over forever.
And we later learned that Grier was calling his own plays and audibles that game, which now makes perfect sense in retrospect.

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
For some reason Tapatalk is double posting my posts. I’ll edit this one to say I full expect a Donkey slap in 3...2...1

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Due to insomnia, I stumbled on Marines’ post after NSD 2017. This post was awesome and funny in 2017, but sadly, even better (if ironically) now.

Who knew Marine1 was the most accurate “dumper” on the board; accurately predicting the 4 win season.

Terrific!

Marine is a pumper. He was trying to make fun of the dumpers. He was actually using last year's NSD as proof we were wrong and that Mac was turning some kind of corner. You have it backwards.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Marine is a pumper. He was trying to make fun of the dumpers. He was actually using last year's NSD as proof we were wrong and that Mac was turning some kind of corner. You have it backwards.

You get a like for the new av.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

The phrase Who knew and upload_2018-6-11_8-35-11.gif

around dumper we’re meant to avoid the need to point out calling Marine a dumper was sarcasm.

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-11_8-33-27.gif
    upload_2018-6-11_8-33-27.gif
    368.8 KB · Views: 250

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:what2:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As far as recruiting at a place like UF you will know what the deal is usually with the coach's 2nd class. If it isn't a top level one (better than 9 or 10 level) you don't have a good recruiter. I am hoping Mullen can get the top guys now that he is at UF but if he gets a class even like Macs last one that isn't a good sign with what our rivals seem to be doing lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb