Mexican 1000 race report

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Such passion Zambo; car in air, dust in air, must be auto-airotic assphyxiation.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Zambo...very awesome! What's the HP of UTV and how fast were you guys going?
The car comes stock with 172hp. Turbocharged 900cc rotax engine, basically from a snowmobile. Some guys tweak them for more power but then they just break stuff, mine is stock. The car weighs about 1800 lbs. Top speed is less than 90mph, but it accelerates very well especially since it is 4wd and so light. If you go full screen on the in-car vid I posted you can see the speed on the navigators gps.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo, who actually owns the vehicle and what would one cost outfitted with all of that?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo, who actually owns the vehicle and what would one cost outfitted with all of that?

The car belongs to me. A stock CanAm X3 XRS (the big model) cost about 26K give or take depending on your area and dealer. Of course, like any toy you can finance it. On top of that I have new springs, shock work, hardened chromoly suspension links, race wheels and tires, high-power lights, radio/intercom/gps/switches etc, special bumpers, intake pre-filter, racing seats and harnesses, filtered breathing air, fire extinguishers, door bags and tool boxes, jacks, tools, etc. Probably 50k all in. On top of that are the consumable parts like tires, drive belts, air filters, etc. And on top of that you have spare parts which I have accumulated....spare axles, clutches, solenoids, bearings, control arms and rods, etc.

Sounds like a lot but also I drive a modest vehicle around daily and I see guys who wonder how I can afford to do this as they drive away in their $65k pickup truck or SUV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.