Miami boots freshman WR Sam Bruce

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Miami just booted 4-star freshman WR Sam Bruce from the team for the dreaded "violation of team rules". What a POS this kid must be. We recruited him pretty hard. Glad we got Cleveland instead.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local...e-Receiver-Sam-Bruce-Off-Team--396537451.html

Miami Hurricanes Kick Wide Receiver Sam Bruce Off Team

Just days after a loss on the field to rival Florida State, the Miami Hurricanes have lost one of their prized recruits from the 2016 class after he was kicked off the team.

Sam Bruce, a wide receiver who signed with Miami after a star studded prep career at St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale, was dismissed from the Hurricanes football program Monday.

The school issued a statement saying it was "based on multiple violations of team rules and a failure on his part to meet the clear expectations established to be a part of the Miami football program."

Bruce was a four star recruit of new head coach Mark Richt, but has missed every game this season while he recovers from what was reported to be a broken leg suffered during a basketball game.

His career at St. Thomas Aquinas was cut short when he was kicked out of school after pictures surfaced of Bruce allegedly holding a gun.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I thought we stopped recruiting him after a while because of his size...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I thought we stopped recruiting him after a while because of his size...

That falls under the "we didn't want him anyway" excuse. With our situation at WR it's very unlikely we turn down a 4-star WR from a powerhouse south Florida HS program. We may have back off due to his "issues" (being a punk), but I doubt his size had anything to do with it (see Powell and Massey).

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
And this surprises no one. Too bad though. Kid has talent.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
His uncle was a hell of a ballplayer to my understanding an upstanding citizen. Sad to see this.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
According to cane fans, he was kicked out for:

1. Missing class and study sessions.
2. Missing scheduled treatments for an injury.
3. Lying about another injury.

And who knows what else.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A smurf with an attitude.

Fwiw I was saying WDWHA long before he decided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator