Miami Miracle

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
NE has won a lot of games on other team messing up. This one went against them.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Missed it. Along with every other single NFL play this year. I’ve spent a lot of time in that stadium and the Orange Bowl. Are the Dolphins any good this year? Them dudes still kneeling?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Did they think Tannehill was going to throw a 70+ yard Hail Mary? That’s the only reason Gronk should have been on the field.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Reminded me of Cal's miracle win at Stanford with the Cardinal band on the field.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did they think Tannehill was going to throw a 70+ yard Hail Mary? That’s the only reason Gronk should have been on the field.
They didn't have enough linebackers? Who knows. Looked like two linebackers on the DL. A couple of the linemen got all the way down there too, maybe he came from one of the LB positions? Can't believe he was really the FS.

He obviously doesn't have the hips to play DB. :lmao2:

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They didn't have enough linebackers? Who knows. Looked like two linebackers on the DL. A couple of the linemen got all the way down there too, maybe he came from one of the LB positions? Can't believe he was really the FS.

He obviously doesn't have the hips to play DB. :lmao2:

He was definitely playing FS, which has to be one of the dumbest things ever. Combine that with the fact that the only guy who made any effort on the play for the Patriots was 300 lb. lineman Adam Butler, (who sprinted down the field ahead of all the DBs and came close to making the tackle), and it was a recipe for disaster. I liked how Jonathan Butler, who could have recovered and made the tackle didn't even bother to get up off his ass, and just simply watched Drake gallup in for a touchdown. I'd be furious if I were a teammate of these guys. The old guy in pug's video is right, where the F were all those guys?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
1981 Season. Dolphins in a divisional playoff game at home against the Chargers. It's just after New Years 1982 and the old Orange Bowl turf still has the bowl game paint at the 50. The field is in rough shape having just been played on for the bowl. Don Shula's defense-oriented Dolphins against Don "Air" Coryell's high flying offense featuring legends Dan Fouts throwing to Gator great Wes Chandler, Charlie Joiner, and Kellen Winslow.

Chargers out to a big lead early, 24-0 in the first quarter. Game over right? Not yet.

Shula benches his starting QB David Woodley and brings Don Strock off the bench to spark his listless offense.

Dolphins make an incredible comeback keyed by the prettiest hook and ladder in NFL history. Only 6 seconds left in the first half. The score is 24-10. Everybody thinks Shula will kick a field goal but Shula plays to win the game. He rolls the dice on an all or nothing play.

Strock throws to WR Duriel Harris who immediately laterals to a streaking RB Tony Nathan for a touchdown. The play is a thing of beauty. Three Charger defenders start running towards Harris which gives Nathan the chance to score. The best play in one of the best games in NFL history. Enjoy!

(edit: because it contains NFL content, it won't embed here but if you click "watch on youtube" you can see the play on the video's youtube page)

The Dolphins storm back to tie the game at 38. Alas, the comeback fell short in overtime. Both teams had a chance with each missing a field goal before the Chargers finally ended it 41-38.

Both teams played great and the players left it all on the field. There is a famous clip of Kellen Winslow's teammates helping him off the field not because he was injured, but because he was completely exhausted.

Alex.

Last edited:

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
1981 Season. Dolphins in a divisional playoff game at home against the Chargers. It's just after New Years 1982 and the old Orange Bowl turf still has the bowl game paint at the 50. The field is in rough shape having just been played on for the bowl. Don Shula's defense-oriented Dolphins against Don "Air" Coryell's high flying offense featuring legends Dan Fouts throwing to Gator great Wes Chandler, Charlie Joiner, and Kellen Winslow.

Chargers out to a big lead early, 24-0 in the first quarter. Game over right? Not yet.

Shula benches his starting QB David Woodley and brings Don Strock off the bench to spark his listless offense.

Dolphins make an incredible comeback keyed by the prettiest hook and ladder in NFL history. Only 6 seconds left in the first half. The score is 24-10. Everybody thinks Shula will kick a field goal but Shula plays to win the game. He rolls the dice on an all or nothing play.

Strock throws to WR Duriel Harris who immediately laterals to a streaking RB Tony Nathan for a touchdown. The play is a thing of beauty. Three Charger defenders start running towards Harris which gives Nathan the chance to score. The best play in one of the best games in NFL history. Enjoy!

(edit: because it contains NFL content, it won't embed here but if you click "watch on youtube" you can see the play on the video's youtube page)

The Dolphins storm back to tie the game 38. Alas, the comeback fell short in overtime. Both teams had a chance with each missing a field goal before the Chargers finally ended it 41-38.

Both teams played great and the players left it all on the field. There is a famous clip of Kellen Winslow's teammates helping him off the field not because he was injured, but because he was completely exhausted.

Alex.

I used to work with Kellen Winslow....I always wanted to punch him because of that game....LOL...but he would have flattened me...dude is HUGE!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Like many I don't watch the NFL but did watch the replay........ bad defense from the Pats, unexpected from Hoody but he wasn't on the field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.