Michigan DC: 'Everyone says we lost 10 starters. Wait a minute.'

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They'll have a down year, but Ole Bugger boy's been recruiting well so they should be real good in another year or two. Meyer better get his Big10 title this year because it may be his last chance.

I didn't realize how bad Harbaugh's 1st recruiting class at Michigan was in 2015 (Worse than Mac's 2015 class). He only had like 6 Rivals blue chippers and 2 of those 6 were QBs that aren't starting now. He has cleaned house recruiting the last 2 years however. I guess our game could come down to how many of his 2016 recruits turn out to be good this season.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, as long as Nuss is calling games against top defenses from ground level... every game's a crap shoot

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Yep Michigan will be ready to go and has some experience on the D line etc. As far as the line I think who the QB is will affect it a lot. If its a QB who has never taken a live game snap I think that would change the line up to 2 pts.
They've got a defensive tackle who was first in the nation as a recruit, and is a rising sophomore. For that reason alone, I think Zaire, with his experience and running ability, should start the game.

Last edited:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The best offensive coordinator the Gators ever had called every game from ground level.

Come on brother, Nuss isn't a patch to SOS... the point being Nuss can't adjust his nuts in boxer shorts let alone adjust his scripted plays when they hit a brick wall against top D's. That observation makes me joke about being in the box which might help his understanding of what is happening to him on the field.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll say this, I don't understand why we haven't at least tried Nuss in the press box. It certainly gives a better view of what the defense is doing so you can make adjustments. And he certainly hasn't shown much ability to make the correct adjustments from his field-side view so far.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'll say this, I don't understand why we haven't at least tried Nuss in the press box. It certainly gives a better view of what the defense is doing so you can make adjustments. And he certainly hasn't shown much ability to make the correct adjustments from his field-side view so far.
He does an excellent job on the first series with a scripted set of plays. After that, he's simply lost. I don't think it would matter if he's in the huddle or on a cruise ship in Alaska.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
He does an excellent job on the first series with a scripted set of plays. After that, he's simply lost. I don't think it would matter if he's in the huddle or on a cruise ship in Alaska.

I literally lol

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

He started out in the box if I remember right. Seems he did somewhat better from there. We really need a new OC.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nuss prefers to be on the sidelines so he can confuse the opposing defense by shouting: "hey batter,batter,batter. Look out batter,batter,batter,"

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I guess our game could come down to how many of his 2016 recruits turn out to be good this season.
True freshmen? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

They won't even know the playbook til next March.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'll say this, I don't understand why we haven't at least tried Nuss in the press box.
In his career, he has been terrible in the box and on the sideline.

He is even worse in the second half, probably the worst I've ever seen. We look like a Sunbelt team in the second half. I'd like to know what percentage of our OFFENSIVE points (and corrected for we got an INT then kicked a FG after three and out) are scored in the second half and a percentage of our yardage also would be terrible I expect.

I think the numbers would be nearly as bad if we looked at the points off our first two or three scripted series and the rest of the game.

He was just as bad in his second year at Bammer and especially at Meatchicken.

If he isn't the worst OC in college football, I'd like to see who is.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Over the last three years...he's definitely bottom 5. Maybe even the worst OC in CFB over the last 3 years. I wish someone would do the numbers. That sounds purdy kewl.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
True freshmen? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

They won't even know the playbook til next March.

Exactly. It is rare for a true freshman to have a meaningful impact on offense. It does happen, of course, but it's rare. The only ones I see doing anything on offense are Toney (at least adding some spice at some points), and maybe Robinson or one of the RBs will spark something.

I'd love to be surprised, but unless you've got Emmitt coming in it's going to be s surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator